Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companions

swcfrost
05.29.2012 , 09:00 PM | #1
Does anyone else miss being able to talk to your companions on your ship whenever you want and ask them basic questions? It seems like you can be way more interactive with your companions in KotOR. (You could even play pazaak with one of the companions, and practice space combat with one in KotOR II.)

Would you like Bioware to make companion interaction more like KotOR or do you like it the way it is?

elliotcat
05.29.2012 , 09:27 PM | #2
Folks have been clamoring for more companion interaction for a very long time. Lots of us really hope it's implemented fairly soon!

"We will snatch purpose from the jaws of futility...are you ready to wreak some havoc?"[/SIZE]

swcfrost
05.29.2012 , 09:46 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by elliotcat View Post
Folks have been clamoring for more companion interaction for a very long time. Lots of us really hope it's implemented fairly soon!
Ok thanks

bright_ephemera
05.29.2012 , 10:14 PM | #4
There's a lot about the KOTOR and DA:O conversation system I'd like to see brought back. Player-initiated conversations - remember choosing what topic to talk about, or talking to Alistair just to kiss him? - is high on the list.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Crezelle
05.29.2012 , 10:22 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
There's a lot about the KOTOR and DA:O conversation system I'd like to see brought back. Player-initiated conversations - remember choosing what topic to talk about, or talking to Alistair just to kiss him? - is high on the list.
i'd love to see cross-companion banter. maybe your comps wander about the ship during diff times of day, and you can overhear them talk like some NPC dialogue in town.
Crezelle De'Chimera, of the Shadowlands
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "

bright_ephemera
05.30.2012 , 07:17 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Crezelle View Post
i'd love to see cross-companion banter. maybe your comps wander about the ship during diff times of day, and you can overhear them talk like some NPC dialogue in town.
Now that would be a cool way to do it. I've wondered how to squeeze in the companion banter I love so much in a system that isn't built to have two companions out while you're questing. Wandering around the ship would be a perfect setting.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

freakinandroid
05.30.2012 , 10:13 AM | #7
I miss my companion convos after maxing them out. Specially all three of my husbands that won't talk to me anymore *sniffle*
Sith Inquisitor: (lvl 50) Automaton
Bounty Hunter: (lvl 50) Chingona

JediElf
05.30.2012 , 10:18 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Crezelle View Post
Oh that would be lots of fun!

I'd love to see how they get along, or just have them milling about in day-to-day tasks.
Beware the Jawa Sith!
SGRA FAQ! Check it out!

Pubsam
05.30.2012 , 10:18 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Sadly, with the way the conversation system has been progressing from DA2, this game, and ME3, player-initiated companion conversations seems phased out

The previous system would work better in an MMO frankly. I could quit for a year, come back, and I'm not gonna remember who Ensign Temple is. I should be able to talk to her and have past conversations repeated!
Time for a nap.

Crezelle
05.30.2012 , 05:31 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by JediElf View Post
Oh that would be lots of fun!

I'd love to see how they get along, or just have them milling about in day-to-day tasks.
never played any DA, but i saw some youtubes... i love the banter when other party members catch on your sleeping with one of them XD
Crezelle De'Chimera, of the Shadowlands
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "