Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This oversight killed the game for me

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
This oversight killed the game for me

DarkoDon
05.29.2012 , 06:20 PM | #21
Seriously? That's the game breaker for you? A "working as intended" phase in the game that just happens to be a inconvienence to a person trying to get dragged through content they shouldn't be in? It wasn't the other long list of things this game missed/bugged since launch?

Can't really blame the game if your not playing it the way it is intended. I'm not saying your lazy cause your having your friend power force you through content faster, but I will call you stu-pid for complaining you can't skip NEEDED content.

Honestly, you said you were wanting to go through all the classes and "experience" their stories.....how you plan to do that having a friend blast you through content you shouldn't even be at. Your experiencing nothing.
Jaltez - 50 ConSeer
Darko - 50 BountyTech
Stan'li - 50 SmugSlinger
Hookah - Be 50 in no time cause its way to easy to lvl in this game - ComMedic

MikelGoff
05.29.2012 , 06:21 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by celldoom View Post
You're right, it's not hard. I despise leveling. I hate the mechanic. It was alot of fun the first time on either faction. Doing it again is extremely boring. That is why i wanted to only do class quests and skip leveling alogether because that was the only realy fun thing left to do in the game for me.
Then most MMOs are not for you, since the system is based completely around leveling.

OmegaMayhem
05.29.2012 , 06:22 PM | #23
Ok, bye... game is better off without people like you.

TheGreatEski
05.29.2012 , 06:23 PM | #24
This is hilarious. People really will complain about anything. And in this case, they'll complain about having to lvl up, instead of getting walked through their class story by someone much higher lvl then them.

If this is how you treat lvling in most MMOGs? Then MMOGs are not for you.
The world is always ending. Get over it.

doctor_atomic
05.29.2012 , 06:26 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by celldoom View Post
The inoculation upon arriving on Quesh. You can't go down to the planet unless you get it and you can't get it unless you're lvl 33. One thing i wanted to do is to experience every single class story in the game and keep the characters i wanna play.

Knowing that i can't just do the storyline quests with a lvl 50 friend boosting me and being forced to lvl to 33 just to get through the Quesh shuttle simply killed it for me, so yeah i'm just waiting for the free 30 days to run off and i'm not subbing.

I know people don't care about it but i'll lay it down anyway cus i feel like it. It's just like EVE Online - i love the game, i love the setting but there are those gameplay "gates" that the devs put on the game that simply kill the enjoyment.

TLDR: I wanted to just do class quests with a lvl 50 friend boosting me, complete the whole story, unlock all companions and gring their affection to 10k/10k for the legacy unlocks thing. But i cant do it because ill have to lvl to 33 just to get past the Quesh but i cant be arsed to lvl up.
You win todays coveted Fur Lined Bathtub for this pathetic whining post.
"Personally, I play a warlock to set people on fire as they run in fear while I steal their souls. As an added perk, I play an undead warlock so I can eat their brains afterwards. I suppose a better question is, why do people play anything else?" (Unknown WoW forum poster)

jgelling
05.29.2012 , 06:26 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Dreossk View Post
Someone just realized the game gives no freedom and you can't do anything that deviates from what BioWare wants you to do.
Hmm, I knew those orbiting space stations must have had some purpose besides a few minutes tax on your time - they're a tax on laziness too.

No seriously, this is a symptom of the game being on rails from beginning to end, but it's not a particularly bad symptom of the rail disease. You should be required to do something besides your class quest to be at an appropriate level to face the content, and the game has to have some built-in prompts to guide the clueless.

DarkoDon
05.29.2012 , 06:26 PM | #27
Funny thing is, you want a dev to come in and tell you that it's not an oversight. We can all tell you that right now. You'll be waiting forever for your confirmation as I will get a quik dev response for calling you stupid.
Jaltez - 50 ConSeer
Darko - 50 BountyTech
Stan'li - 50 SmugSlinger
Hookah - Be 50 in no time cause its way to easy to lvl in this game - ComMedic

xDementedx
05.29.2012 , 06:28 PM | #28
The only thing I'm amazed at is how he hasn't complained about not being able to get raid gear because of the level barrier to enter it and why his 50 friends can't run it for him.
GeorgZoeller: "If we ever reach the point where every class thinks they are completely balanced and everything is great, I'll take the red pill and unplug from the matrix."

Fafryd
05.29.2012 , 06:28 PM | #29
It seems like you are on the treadmill for the wrong reasons. Just play. The extra presence and the 4 buffs are not necessary.

Additionally, you can make level 33 within days.

celldoom
05.29.2012 , 06:28 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkoDon View Post
Seriously? That's the game breaker for you? A "working as intended" phase in the game that just happens to be a inconvienence to a person trying to get dragged through content they shouldn't be in? It wasn't the other long list of things this game missed/bugged since launch?

Can't really blame the game if your not playing it the way it is intended. I'm not saying your lazy cause your having your friend power force you through content faster, but I will call you stu-pid for complaining you can't skip NEEDED content.

Honestly, you said you were wanting to go through all the classes and "experience" their stories.....how you plan to do that having a friend blast you through content you shouldn't even be at. Your experiencing nothing.
I hear ya, and i would almost agree with you. But it has nothing to do with lazy, it's all about "fun".

When a game launches i have a checklist of things i find "fun". Leveling is one of them. I LOVE LEVELING, i realy do, i love spending alot of time on all the planets and doing the quests for the first time, i love exploring the story, the setting, the environs. I wasn't the first to reach 50 and i took my time to take it all in. But doing the same content over and over is not fun. I don't do flashpoints much because ive done them all already, and i most certanly dont find fun doing Nar Shaddaa for the 7th time.

TOR's checklist of fun has gotten pretty short pretty quickly and the class stories was on the top of fun things for me to do, but when i stumbled upon this working-as-intended gate it quickly got off the list due to the grind associated with it.