Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

This oversight killed the game for me

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
This oversight killed the game for me

MikelGoff's Avatar


MikelGoff
05.29.2012 , 06:02 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by celldoom View Post
Again, the fact that it wont let me land has nothing to do with the area being to high level, i think its just an oversight. I can land on any other planet but this just because of a lore quest that isnt skippable. This only happens on quesh and nowhere else.
You're right, they should have something where you have to be a certain level to get onto any planet. Being level 33 isn't even within level range of the planet you tried to land on.

MikelGoff's Avatar


MikelGoff
05.29.2012 , 06:03 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Dreossk View Post
Someone just realized the game gives no freedom and you can't do anything that deviates from what BioWare wants you to do.
Really? Really? You think that this, this one thing, proves that there's no freedom?

Darth_Victus's Avatar


Darth_Victus
05.29.2012 , 06:03 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by celldoom View Post
The inoculation upon arriving on Quesh. You can't go down to the planet unless you get it and you can't get it unless you're lvl 33. One thing i wanted to do is to experience every single class story in the game and keep the characters i wanna play.

Knowing that i can't just do the storyline quests with a lvl 50 friend boosting me and being forced to lvl to 33 just to get through the Quesh shuttle simply killed it for me, so yeah i'm just waiting for the free 30 days to run off and i'm not subbing.

I know people don't care about it but i'll lay it down anyway cus i feel like it. It's just like EVE Online - i love the game, i love the setting but there are those gameplay "gates" that the devs put on the game that simply kill the enjoyment.

TLDR: I wanted to just do class quests with a lvl 50 friend boosting me, complete the whole story, unlock all companions and gring their affection to 10k/10k for the legacy unlocks thing. But i cant do it because ill have to lvl to 33 just to get past the Quesh but i cant be arsed to lvl up.
So because you need an inoculation to go onto a planet that has poisonus air due to what is being harvested there, it ruins your experience.

I think its only down fall is that it did not follow through with the required shot. Make so that when you got the shot you had a buff for an hour or two. And when it ran out you got a debuff that caused you to take more damage, heal slower, or move slower. Thus making it required to get additional shots. This would of added more to the immersion for me personally.

Just my opinion.

Kalfear's Avatar


Kalfear
05.29.2012 , 06:04 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by celldoom View Post
No, i don't do the zones, i only do the class quests. Im supposed to be able to go to any planet but there is this thing on Quesh (and only Quesh) that doesnt let me land.
You realise i have to do it over like 5 classes? It's not being lazy, i realy cba doing the same s**t over and over.
No, YOUR Buddy does the Class quests, you just tag along for free xp (your words)

Quote: Originally Posted by celldoom View Post
Knowing that i can't just do the storyline quests with a lvl 50 friend boosting me .
Yeah, while I routinely stick up for those upset with game.

You dont have a foot to stand on about this.

Had a friend get locked out of Quesh last night cause of this limitation, his reaction is to unlock the planet, yours is to quit!

Cyas
Housing brought me back
now add Paazaak, KotOR#1 swoop bike racing, and more flashpoints and planets

celldoom's Avatar


celldoom
05.29.2012 , 06:08 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Victus View Post
So because you need an inoculation to go onto a planet that has poisonus air due to what is being harvested there, it ruins your experience.

I think its only down fall is that it did not follow through with the required shot. Make so that when you got the shot you had a buff for an hour or two. And when it ran out you got a debuff that caused you to take more damage, heal slower, or move slower. Thus making it required to get additional shots. This would of added more to the immersion for me personally.

Just my opinion.
Yeah, as MikelGoff said the quest level requirement isnt even within the planet level range. Its a design oversight (or bad intended design) to have this.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kalfear View Post
No, YOUR Buddy does the Class quests, you just tag along for free xp (your words)



Yeah, while I routinely stick up for those upset with game.

You dont have a foot to stand on about this.

Had a friend get locked out of Quesh last night cause of this limitation, his reaction is to unlock the planet, yours is to quit!

Cyas
You do realise am "forced" to level 5 characters to 33 because of this "gate"? That i am forced to farm a three lvl50-worth of EXP just to get this single limitation? Sorry but no.

I love the class quests, i realy do. I love what Bioware made with them. I just wish there were no limits like this.

MikelGoff's Avatar


MikelGoff
05.29.2012 , 06:12 PM | #16
You're not forced to do anything other than level each character that you want to go to Quesh with to 33. It isn't hard, it doesn't take much.

celldoom's Avatar


celldoom
05.29.2012 , 06:16 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by MikelGoff View Post
You're not forced to do anything other than level each character that you want to go to Quesh with to 33. It isn't hard, it doesn't take much.
You're right, it's not hard. I despise leveling. I hate the mechanic. It was alot of fun the first time on either faction. Doing it again is extremely boring. That is why i wanted to only do class quests and skip leveling alogether because that was the only realy fun thing left to do in the game for me.

Kharnis's Avatar


Kharnis
05.29.2012 , 06:18 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by celldoom View Post
Yeah, as MikelGoff said the quest level requirement isnt even within the planet level range. Its a design oversight (or bad intended design) to have this.

You do realise am "forced" to level 5 characters to 33 because of this "gate"? That i am forced to farm a three lvl50-worth of EXP just to get this single limitation? Sorry but no.

I love the class quests, i realy do. I love what Bioware made with them. I just wish there were no limits like this.
You know, I really hate to be one of those guys who uses an overly-used meme, but you keep using that word "oversight..."
Proud member of "The Loose Canons" Cartel.
Fan Fics
Completed:
Ongoing:

Dreossk's Avatar


Dreossk
05.29.2012 , 06:18 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by MikelGoff View Post
Really? Really? You think that this, this one thing, proves that there's no freedom?
This and the rest of the game.
SWTOR has potential, but too many features are missing
"Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherkarking Sith in this motherkarking Senate!"
- Mace Windu

celldoom's Avatar


celldoom
05.29.2012 , 06:20 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Kharnis View Post
You know, I really hate to be one of those guys who uses an overly-used meme, but you keep using that word "oversight..."
I did not participate in this game's development, i don't know what it is. But as i said before it feels like an ovesight, i think it is, it is my personal view on it and unless a dev comes here and actually comments on it stating otherwise i'll keep on the same track.