Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This oversight killed the game for me

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
This oversight killed the game for me

celldoom
05.29.2012 , 05:48 PM | #1
The inoculation upon arriving on Quesh. You can't go down to the planet unless you get it and you can't get it unless you're lvl 33. One thing i wanted to do is to experience every single class story in the game and keep the characters i wanna play.

Knowing that i can't just do the storyline quests with a lvl 50 friend boosting me and being forced to lvl to 33 just to get through the Quesh shuttle simply killed it for me, so yeah i'm just waiting for the free 30 days to run off and i'm not subbing.

I know people don't care about it but i'll lay it down anyway cus i feel like it. It's just like EVE Online - i love the game, i love the setting but there are those gameplay "gates" that the devs put on the game that simply kill the enjoyment.

TLDR: I wanted to just do class quests with a lvl 50 friend boosting me, complete the whole story, unlock all companions and gring their affection to 10k/10k for the legacy unlocks thing. But i cant do it because ill have to lvl to 33 just to get past the Quesh but i cant be arsed to lvl up.

TheOnlyKyrenS
05.29.2012 , 05:52 PM | #2
What is this I don't even...
Quote: Originally Posted by corbanite View Post
oh great more constructive criticism.. god knows why some people think there are haters on this forum

vojinsa
05.29.2012 , 05:53 PM | #3
any chance of giving me your stuff?
Quote:
Imperial Agent-If I brought you flowers, what would you do?
Kaliyo- Go look for a man?
I love Kaliyo.

Galossj
05.29.2012 , 05:53 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by celldoom View Post
Knowing that i can't just do the storyline quests with a lvl 50 friend boosting me and being forced to lvl to 33 just to get through the Quesh shuttle simply killed it for me, so yeah i'm just waiting for the free 30 days to run off and i'm not subbing.
Good bye lazy friend

Kharnis
05.29.2012 , 05:54 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by celldoom View Post
The inoculation upon arriving on Quesh. You can't go down to the planet unless you get it and you can't get it unless you're lvl 33. One thing i wanted to do is to experience every single class story in the game and keep the characters i wanna play.

I know people don't care about it but i'll lay it down anyway cus i feel like it. It's just like EVE Online - i love the game, i love the setting but there are those gameplay "gates" that the devs put on the game that simply kill the enjoyment.
So, let me see if I understand your complaint.

You're upset that you aren't able to go to a zone that's a much higher level than what your character currently is? Is that what you're seriously saying? That the game has put in some form of barrier to prevent you from visiting a questing zone that's above your current level?

Really?
Proud member of "The Loose Canons" Cartel.
Fan Fics
Completed:
Ongoing:

celldoom
05.29.2012 , 05:56 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Kharnis View Post
So, let me see if I understand your complaint.

You're upset that you aren't able to go to a zone that's a much higher level than what your character currently is? Is that what you're seriously saying? That the game has put in some form of barrier to prevent you from visiting a questing zone that's above your current level?

Really?
No, i don't do the zones, i only do the class quests. Im supposed to be able to go to any planet but there is this thing on Quesh (and only Quesh) that doesnt let me land.
Quote: Originally Posted by Galossj View Post
Good bye lazy friend
You realise i have to do it over like 5 classes? It's not being lazy, i realy cba doing the same s**t over and over.

Master-Nala
05.29.2012 , 05:57 PM | #7
Hate to trot out a meme but:

Not sure if serious.....
Below this is my referral link. If you press it you get free stuff and I get free stuff. This makes you, me....and Bioware happy, but don't let that stop you!
Referral Link---> http://www.swtor.com/r/fDdy48 <---Referral Link

MikelGoff
05.29.2012 , 05:58 PM | #8
What is this?

You're actually complaining about an area wanting you to be a certain level before you join? And you don't see why they would possibly do this?

celldoom
05.29.2012 , 06:00 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by MikelGoff View Post
What is this?

You're actually complaining about an area wanting you to be a certain level before you join? And you don't see why they would possibly do this?
Again, the fact that it wont let me land has nothing to do with the area being to high level, i think its just an oversight. I can land on any other planet but this just because of a lore quest that isnt skippable. This only happens on quesh and nowhere else.

Dreossk
05.29.2012 , 06:00 PM | #10
Someone just realized the game gives no freedom and you can't do anything that deviates from what BioWare wants you to do.
SWTOR has potential, but too many features are missing
"Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherkarking Sith in this motherkarking Senate!"
- Mace Windu