Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bored with SWTOR? No Endgame? Dead Server? I've got the solution!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Bored with SWTOR? No Endgame? Dead Server? I've got the solution!

qwinnet
05.31.2012 , 09:22 AM | #21
IA is certainly the best story and I have played all the Republic classes most of the empire to around Level 25. The twists and turns are what makes it great. I often wonder what would have happened had I not aligned with Darth Jadus. I'm very tempted to roll a sniper even though I don't care too much for the playstyle and choose all the light choices. Kaliyo would hate me but I don't like her too much anyway.

Eldreden
05.31.2012 , 01:18 PM | #22
what gets me is all the ftetch pointless missions. why didnt the jedi in the movies have those kinda quest... cause they are boring and even more boring to play.... im so glad swg doesnt have quest i can play how i want there

Kol_Sinde
05.31.2012 , 02:02 PM | #23
If you like James Bond movies then the Imperial Agent is probably for you.
Get busy livin' or get busy respawning

AelixVII
05.31.2012 , 02:32 PM | #24
I have actually been saving this one for when I run out of story content and am very much looking forward to it
- Cole Saberhagen | Red Eclipse

SilentKitty
05.31.2012 , 11:43 PM | #25
Can't wait to see the IA in action =) want to finish my smuggler first before I start a new char. Love having new story to see.

elliotcat
06.01.2012 , 11:00 AM | #26
I just rolled an IA and I really can't get into it. I'm not sure why. It seems to start off kinda slow...

However, I named her Vriska so I could make her crazy. I hope someone gets the reference...

Ebon Hawk: Latula // Elaeys // Raima // Jaea // Macara // Meulin // Damarra // Kanaaya

"We will snatch purpose from the jaws of futility...are you ready to wreak some havoc?"

Lionflash
06.01.2012 , 01:31 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by elliotcat View Post
I just rolled an IA and I really can't get into it. I'm not sure why. It seems to start off kinda slow...

However, I named her Vriska so I could make her crazy. I hope someone gets the reference...
Like all the class stories, they start off on the slow side.

It will however, pick up. I'd say as soon as you hit Drumond Kass. The key moment revolving around a table discussion.

I wonder how a female Agent will pan out. In terms of romances. I heard that the romance for the female isn't as good as with the male...

Spoiler

...and some more posibilities on the road.

Eanelinea
06.01.2012 , 01:48 PM | #28
Well, they all begin kind of slow. Go find NPC A cause he/she has whatcha need to kill/save NPC B. *yawn*

Then you get to the first main boss to finish act I. OMG WTH just happened? I was a good/bad girl/boy now I'm (opposite) how'd that happen?

Then you have some companion quests that tie in with other companions you have
Spoiler

Then you start going through some **** that if YOU were the actual character and not just playing one, would either make you go insane, go homocidal, or cry emo tears.

It took me MONTHS to leave Tython on either my Consular or Knight cause the stories were so damn boring. Yes, yes. Jedis are monks. When do I get some FTBs? What? I don't get my love interest for my fem!knight until Balmorra? WTH?? What? I can't romance my first male companion who's not a lizard?

ARGH!

But believe me, you keep on with the stories and there will be SOMETHING that causes an emotional reaction.

mikphobos
06.01.2012 , 01:50 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Lionflash View Post
Play the Imperial Agent storyline...

Man! What a thrill-ride. I'm at Chapter 2 "The Mind Trap" (lvl 37) and...WOW. Please, no spoilers, because I just can't wait to go home and continue the story. If you haven't played the Imperial Agent, I suggest you start now.

A little advice though...

Don't play a dry, empire loving *****...

I've been playing my character as a good hearted hero on the wrong side, who dislikes force users... mostly the Sith. I'm not going to give anything away, but if you would like to play a character and be a part of a story that isn't so unfortunately cliché... I'd say check it out.

One thing that the IA has over the other storylines are...moments. I remember so many moments from the IA story... but I can barely remember any from the JK story, and I thought the JK was pretty good.

If you have already played the IA story... play it again, I usually don't like to play a game twice so soo after beating it, but I'm already thinking about it...

TL;DR I would pay 15$/month just to play the IA story, and if they kept adding to IA storyline.
if you like the IA story line, you sr indeed get happy with very very little, IA story is one of the worse and that makes less sense in the whole game..
no wonder why you think the game its a blast.. if you think IA its the best lol..
oh well i guess everyone have they own opinion!

elliotcat
06.01.2012 , 01:56 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Lionflash View Post
Like all the class stories, they start off on the slow side.

It will however, pick up. I'd say as soon as you hit Drumond Kass. The key moment revolving around a table discussion.

I wonder how a female Agent will pan out. In terms of romances. I heard that the romance for the female isn't as good as with the male...

Spoiler

...and some more posibilities on the road.
I've heard that the romance line with Vector is very sweet and cute. I'm looking forward to it. I like sappy stuff.

I'll stick with the IA and see if it gets more engaging. Maybe I just haven't connected to this character yet.

Ebon Hawk: Latula // Elaeys // Raima // Jaea // Macara // Meulin // Damarra // Kanaaya

"We will snatch purpose from the jaws of futility...are you ready to wreak some havoc?"