Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bored with SWTOR? No Endgame? Dead Server? I've got the solution!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Bored with SWTOR? No Endgame? Dead Server? I've got the solution!

stuffystuffs
05.29.2012 , 01:20 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Lionflash View Post
Play the Imperial Agent storyline...
I already did that.

Now what?

Lionflash
05.29.2012 , 01:21 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by stuffystuffs View Post
I already did that.

Now what?
Thoughts? No spoilers please...

I'm doing BH next as it was next in line for most recomended. You could try to do that...

Eanelinea
05.29.2012 , 01:36 PM | #13
I've finished 4 stories, in act 3 of 2 stories and at act I of 2 stories.

My favorites/best stories imho in order are:

Imperial Agent (finished) (not for the agent but for the player, VERY emotional roller coaster. There were times I wanted to punch my screen)

Sith Warrior (finished) (there were parts were I, as an LS SW, took DS hits happily with NO regrets at what all happened.)

Bounty Hunter (finished) (there were hilarious as HELL moments all throughout the story. oh man, i was constantly laughing myself sick)

Sith Inquisitor (in Act III now) it's not emotional, but more *** in a lot of parts. Some parts are boring and some exciting. I'm enjoying it.

Jedi Knight (In Act III now) Man, this begins so damn boring. Makes you want to watch paint dry at first. But as it progresses, if you have a heart, there are parts that make you feel so BAD for what your JK is going through. And there are a few twists I didn't see coming.

Smuggler (finished) This was pretty much cliched. But enjoyable. The smuggler has some hilarious dialogue and actions. There were times I esc'd out just to hear ALL her dialogue options.

Trooper (in act II now) Right now, it's kind of boring. Cliched military thing. Just waiting to be able to romance and marry Aric.

Jedi Consular (in act I now) This story is so boring when you first do it. I think I've had dental visits less boring. But it's definitely getting better and better. I got to have relations with Tharan. (Damn you, Holiday!)

Raeln
05.29.2012 , 01:38 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Lxkane View Post
It's called youtube, search swtor imperial agent class story cutscenes, boom just saved yourself 90 hours of boring combat.
Wow, your skill in being a wet blanket has increased.

MMORPGers can never be happy - either there's no point to leveling, no story while leveling, leveling is too fast, or apparently now - combat is too boring.

stuffystuffs
05.29.2012 , 03:22 PM | #15
Thoughts? No spoilers please...

I'm doing BH next as it was next in line for most recomended. You could try to do that...
I greatly enjoyed the IA storyline and its companions.

My fave story so far, though I haven't seen all of them. I started a BH but it seemed kinda bleh. I'm also waiting for the add of same gender romances since all my toons are ladies who are into ladies....so I'm a bit reluctant to start another story arc and miss stuff.

I'm actually PvPin on my agent so I got stuff to do...I was being a bit facetious.

Talarchy
05.29.2012 , 05:36 PM | #16
Play the Imperial Agent storyline...

Man! What a thrill-ride. I'm at Chapter 2 "The Mind Trap" (lvl 37) and...WOW. Please, no spoilers, because I just can't wait to go home and continue the story. If you haven't played the Imperial Agent, I suggest you start now.

A little advice though...

Don't play a dry, empire loving *****...

I've been playing my character as a good hearted hero on the wrong side, who dislikes force users... mostly the Sith. I'm not going to give anything away, but if you would like to play a character and be a part of a story that isn't so unfortunately cliché... I'd say check it out.

One thing that the IA has over the other storylines are...moments. I remember so many moments from the IA story... but I can barely remember any from the JK story, and I thought the JK was pretty good.

If you have already played the IA story... play it again, I usually don't like to play a game twice so soo after beating it, but I'm already thinking about it...

TL;DR I would pay 15$/month just to play the IA story, and if they kept adding to IA storyline.
I guarantee you will be just as bored at the end, to the same extent you were bored to try a new character.

Single payer game
Re-subscribed SWTOR.. my server is empty and I can't pay for a transfer. Woo hoo, thanks bioware.

Khalhazar
05.29.2012 , 05:41 PM | #17
Surgery in an opera? How wonderfully decadent! And just when I was beginning to lose interest... Djambi, the chocolate icing!

Lionflash
05.29.2012 , 07:07 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Talarchy View Post
I guarantee you will be just as bored at the end, to the same extent you were bored to try a new character.

Single payer game
I don't have a level 50 character yet. The highest level character I have is a 42 JK.

Charell
05.29.2012 , 07:12 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Glower View Post
Game needs story mode, without non story questing / xp-farming...
id love that... but unfortunately it is an MMO
Jedi Covenent: The Sohn Legacy
Charell SW, Dareo BH , Elleona SI Raliceh JC, Ellensohn RT, Le'pold SM
The Fatman: Coolestjediever JK Ebon Hawk: IA

Mutive
05.30.2012 , 07:54 PM | #20
I loved agent too. And am enjoying it a second time around (like the poster recommends). It's a class that I'm picking up a lot of nuances during the second time around that I didn't get the first time. I thought it was remarkably good, esp. considering that it is an MMO. (And I accept that there are going to be challenges to writing for an MMO that aren't there in single player. Like, you have to go to all these worlds in order because...that's the MMO progression. And the world can't change dramatically based on your choices as you're sharing that world with a bunch of other people.)

With that said, I'm really loving a lot of the other stories, too. I find it fascinating how they all tie into each other.
Spoiler

Some people are going to like it, of course, some not. It's really a game for people who like replaying Bioware games and enjoy MMOs. I do both, so of course I'm finding it to be great fun. Combat is repetitive. But no different than Aion or WoW or...an awful lot of MMOs. (And I do enjoy PVP, despite that you could not have paid me to do it in WoW. Go figure.)