Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bored with SWTOR? No Endgame? Dead Server? I've got the solution!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Bored with SWTOR? No Endgame? Dead Server? I've got the solution!

Lionflash
05.29.2012 , 12:19 PM | #1
Play the Imperial Agent storyline...

Man! What a thrill-ride. I'm at Chapter 2 "The Mind Trap" (lvl 37) and...WOW. Please, no spoilers, because I just can't wait to go home and continue the story. If you haven't played the Imperial Agent, I suggest you start now.

A little advice though...

Don't play a dry, empire loving *****...

I've been playing my character as a good hearted hero on the wrong side, who dislikes force users... mostly the Sith. I'm not going to give anything away, but if you would like to play a character and be a part of a story that isn't so unfortunately cliché... I'd say check it out.

One thing that the IA has over the other storylines are...moments. I remember so many moments from the IA story... but I can barely remember any from the JK story, and I thought the JK was pretty good.

If you have already played the IA story... play it again, I usually don't like to play a game twice so soo after beating it, but I'm already thinking about it...

TL;DR I would pay 15$/month just to play the IA story, and if they kept adding to IA storyline.

Lxkane
05.29.2012 , 12:31 PM | #2
It's called youtube, search swtor imperial agent class story cutscenes, boom just saved yourself 90 hours of boring combat.

venomlash
05.29.2012 , 12:34 PM | #3
The story really is the best part of the game. My main is a Trooper, and while it's mostly your standard oorah-lock-and-load military story, there are a few incredibly gut-wrenching moments that the game will put you through. Without giving too much away, the mission "The Spy" (low-level, down on Ord Mantell) made me tear up, and that's saying quite a bit.
Bored at endgame? Roll an alt and enjoy the story, like the OP says!
Quote: Originally Posted by MichelleArcher View Post
Hey there, all! This thread has passed the dreaded 1,000 post limit, and is now in fire. Thanks for the fun, but we feel this discussion as run its course. We will not be restarting this thread.
Jarrant Gartin, Gunnery Commando, Spark of Hope, Begeren Colony

trussasp
05.29.2012 , 12:36 PM | #4
Hi Lionflash:

It is awesome that what you describe is so much fun for you.

I think you are part of a very small minority, however, which is not good news for the future of the game.

wutru
05.29.2012 , 12:39 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Lionflash View Post
but if you would like to play a character and be a part of a story that isn't so unfortunately cliché... I'd say check it out.
lol... seriously? it IS cliche. IA was my first 50. I didn't like the story at all. I was surprised that a lot of people praised it too. The story goes off in a hundred different directions and is never consistent. I'm not saying it's terrible, but it's definitely not the best story either.

Lxkane
05.29.2012 , 12:40 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by trussasp View Post
Hi Lionflash:

It is awesome that what you describe is so much fun for you.

I think you are part of a very small minority, however, which is not good news for the future of the game.
No, I think a lot of people like the story of this game but boring gameplay is boring. And whack mole traditional mmo combat for 80 to 90 hours is boring combat for 80 to 90 hours no matter how you look at it or dress it up,

lavatious
05.29.2012 , 01:01 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Lionflash View Post
Play the Imperial Agent storyline...

Man! What a thrill-ride. I'm at Chapter 2 "The Mind Trap" (lvl 37) and...WOW. Please, no spoilers, because I just can't wait to go home and continue the story. If you haven't played the Imperial Agent, I suggest you start now.

A little advice though...

Don't play a dry, empire loving douche...

I've been playing my character as a good hearted hero on the wrong side, who dislikes force users... mostly the Sith. I'm not going to give anything away, but if you would like to play a character and be a part of a story that isn't so unfortunately cliché... I'd say check it out.

One thing that the IA has over the other storylines are...moments. I remember so many moments from the IA story... but I can barely remember any from the JK story, and I thought the JK was pretty good.

If you have already played the IA story... play it again, I usually don't like to play a game twice so soo after beating it, but I'm already thinking about it...

TL;DR I would pay 15$/month just to play the IA story, and if they kept adding to IA storyline.
Spoiler

Lionflash
05.29.2012 , 01:06 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by wutru View Post
lol... seriously? it IS cliche. IA was my first 50. I didn't like the story at all. I was surprised that a lot of people praised it too. The story goes off in a hundred different directions and is never consistent. I'm not saying it's terrible, but it's definitely not the best story either.
I'm not sure something can be cliché and all over the place. Seems like it's either predictable or not. As far as chapter 2 is concerned and the SIS (that's all I'll say without going into spoilers, but you should know what I mean), I didn't expect what happend to be in a game like this.

But things like good and interesting stories are subjective, to each his own.

Quote: Originally Posted by Lxkane View Post
No, I think a lot of people like the story of this game but boring gameplay is boring. And whack mole traditional mmo combat for 80 to 90 hours is boring combat for 80 to 90 hours no matter how you look at it or dress it up,
I should also add that I am playing a Operative Field Medic, which I know plays radically different than the Sniper.

I find the cover mechanic very new and fun. Makes me feel a bit sad about playing the BH next knowing I can't go behind cover.

I don't know about you, or how you play, but it doesn't take anywhere close to 80 hours to get to level 50... I'm 37 with this character and It's been almost 20 hours, and I take things slow.

Ansalem
05.29.2012 , 01:09 PM | #9
BH storyline is still the best in the game imo. You should try that next you will not be disappointed:P

Glower
05.29.2012 , 01:15 PM | #10
Game needs story mode, without non story questing / xp-farming...