Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Who won the Cold War? (SWTOR)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Who won the Cold War? (SWTOR)

Akilus
05.29.2012 , 09:30 AM | #1
So after playing a bit of the game I still wonder who won the Galactic Cold War the Republic or the Empire? (If you don't know what the Galactic Cold War is, well it is the war that you are in on SWTOR)

dazednconfuzed
05.29.2012 , 09:38 AM | #2
No-one won the cold war, just people died covertly instead of blasting at each other in giant warships.

Of course, it could be said that certain Sith won, in a way, by gaining victory through their own personal power plays, but that really didn't have much to do with the war.
Jedi Master Kai'sinn. Not only evil hides in the shadows.
Jedi Master Tzathali. Korriban/Tython Exchange Program.
Major Dulne. Nothing will stop Havoc Squad, Sir.

Captain_Zone
05.29.2012 , 09:45 AM | #3
Well, since "mutually assured destruction" was never an issue, it technically wasn't even a Cold War. Neither side had planet-killers just waiting to be used. When things did heat up again and the war restarted, both sides weren't obliterated.

It was more of an Uneasy Peace than a true Cold War. I felt the need to specify since I grew up during the last two decades of the RL Cold War. Anyhow, from what I've seen in the stories I played through, the Empire reopened hostilities officially.
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

dazednconfuzed
05.29.2012 , 09:47 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
It was more of an Uneasy Peace than a true Cold War. I felt the need to specify since I grew up during the last two decades of the RL Cold War. Anyhow, from what I've seen in the stories I played through, the Empire reopened hostilities officially.
Well, yes. Of course we did
Jedi Master Kai'sinn. Not only evil hides in the shadows.
Jedi Master Tzathali. Korriban/Tython Exchange Program.
Major Dulne. Nothing will stop Havoc Squad, Sir.

rashencyberspeed
05.29.2012 , 10:06 AM | #5
We don't know who won yet. There is still more story to tell with this game. I suspect that the Republic will win, but on the other hand, there may be an alternate ending for Dark-Siders (as with other Star Wars games).

Akilus
05.29.2012 , 10:47 AM | #6
Spoiler

Akilus
05.29.2012 , 10:58 AM | #7
Spoiler

Maaruin
05.29.2012 , 11:03 AM | #8
Spoiler
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

kaczuszka
05.29.2012 , 02:59 PM | #9
i think there will be massive fight between both sides in the game and who ever wins will win the war
peace is a lie there is only passion through passion I gain strength through strength I gain power through power I gain victory through victory my chains are broken the force shall free me

Eillack
05.29.2012 , 04:38 PM | #10
Republic won overall. The Empire suffered a nice amount of huge defeats.