Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP sucks if this continues.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PvP sucks if this continues.

neocoma
12.18.2011 , 08:51 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Tiaha View Post
There is many people having this issue, including me.
this ..

mufutiz
12.18.2011 , 09:13 PM | #52
for me the issue is most noticeable in Alderaan but the strange thing is, while immediately noticeable, framerate goes down hard as soon as I die for the first time...

Rasstavad
12.18.2011 , 10:08 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Mackuss View Post
This game doesn't have hit boxes.............. That's real time physics/collision detection.....
Generic term I use in WoW to describe how close you have to be to your target to register a melee hit or ability.

For example - when I played a Tauren Warrior, I could actually be hit through some of the smaller "pillars" during Arena - while on my UD Rogue or a gnome it seems I have to be sitting on top of my target.

What I've noticed with this game is that this area isn't consistent and varies by the second. I attribute it to server lag or something else... dunno.

But like everybody has been saying, there is a definite "syrupy" feel to abilities. I hardly feel like I did anything "skilled" when I manage to interrupt a heal or land a well timed CC because it feels more like blind luck that it landed when I wanted it to.

This kills PvP for me - the inability to time things to the split second is paramount for a competitive experience. I have no idea how people can say they don't notice this. =\

TastySnacks
12.18.2011 , 10:17 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Rasstavad View Post
Generic term I use in WoW to describe how close you have to be to your target to register a melee hit or ability.

For example - when I played a Tauren Warrior, I could actually be hit through some of the smaller "pillars" during Arena - while on my UD Rogue or a gnome it seems I have to be sitting on top of my target.

What I've noticed with this game is that this area isn't consistent and varies by the second. I attribute it to server lag or something else... dunno.

But like everybody has been saying, there is a definite "syrupy" feel to abilities. I hardly feel like I did anything "skilled" when I manage to interrupt a heal or land a well timed CC because it feels more like blind luck that it landed when I wanted it to.

This kills PvP for me - the inability to time things to the split second is paramount for a competitive experience. I have no idea how people can say they don't notice this. =\
I do understand what you're talking about. There isn't really a term to describe it but yeah, maybe there's something wrong with us :P

csward
12.18.2011 , 10:21 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Gastranomick View Post
well i expected more than just one response like this. I am a bit surprised that the comments are more civilized than recent experiences.

However, if there is a problem with my computer; then why are flash points and questing and space missions working just fine? That doesn't make sense. And if it were an issue with my computer, wouldn't i be seeing major FPS issues? When i'm experiencing isn't an issue with FPS. I'm familiar with how games play at 5 frames. The game itself isn't choppy. The players and player interaction is what is choppy.

There is only one possible reason that i can think of. I play on a west coast server and i live on the east coast. "Wow stupid why would you do that?" i didn't plan on it, but i wanted to play with family/friends which happened to be a west coast server.

But i don't see how that would cause such huge problems. In every other MMO i've played, that has never been an issue. Obviously i'm not the only person experiencing this. I'll keep an eye out for any kind of official word about it. At least hearing "we are aware and are working on it" would make me feel a little better and a bit more confident about my future with this game.
I get some of that and I play on an east coast server playing in central Iowa. I think it's client side.

SnakeBites
12.18.2011 , 10:36 PM | #56
I also have the same issue.

I can run the game with everything maxed out, 1600 x 1200, whilst questing, doing flashpoints, open world PvP & i get 60+ FPS. As soon as i enter a warzone, my FPS takes a dive to 20-30 FPS.

20-30 FPS is playable, kind of, but it's not enjoyable. If this isn't fixed, or somewhat improved, then it will be a dealbreaker for me.

Kromzor
12.18.2011 , 10:38 PM | #57
MMO players don't know about Rate Hacking, which you can do in this game.

Nuttshell: You force the server to think you have 400ping when you are actually getting 30ping. Thus everyone else sees you warping around like a spazz while everything runs smooth on your end.

Haven't seen too many people doing it on my server, but there are some out there.

Anyway, lots of people have been complaining about performance dumps in Warzones for a long time so part of it is defiantly on Biowares end.