Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWG II in the works? Find out on May 31!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
SWG II in the works? Find out on May 31!

Miyuki
05.29.2012 , 02:12 AM | #1
Just found an article from SpikeTV that Lucasarts has something in development:

Spike TV will exclusively announce the newest game in the Star Wars universe, which debits at E3 2012. A tease will be shown first on May 31, as a part of the pre-E3 episode of GTTV, followed by the live, world gameplay premiere during E3 All Access Live on June 4 at 10.00pm EDT/7.00pm PDT.

Original link here: http://www.vg247.com/2012/05/25/spik...-from-e3-2012/

Can we dare to hope? Player cities, Creature Handlers and TK Artists making a return? We'll know soon enough!

I have also heard that the release is set at the same time as the expiry of TOR's license for SW - same deal that happened with SWG when TOR was about to launch.

I can tell you that a LOT of my old Ahazi server crew currently on TOR are waiting in anticipation for May 31 =)
Miyuki | Paying | Mikii | Sakura | Eddis | Negotiator | Wifflesnap
Guildmaster, Northland Alliance
Bastion Server
Life in Japan: A Canadian's Perspective Blog

Saseav
05.29.2012 , 02:20 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Miyuki View Post
Just found an article from SpikeTV that Lucasarts has something in development:

Spike TV will exclusively announce the newest game in the Star Wars universe, which debits at E3 2012. A tease will be shown first on May 31, as a part of the pre-E3 episode of GTTV, followed by the live, world gameplay premiere during E3 All Access Live on June 4 at 10.00pm EDT/7.00pm PDT.

Original link here: http://www.vg247.com/2012/05/25/spik...-from-e3-2012/

Can we dare to hope? Player cities, Creature Handlers and TK Artists making a return? We'll know soon enough!

I have also heard that the release is set at the same time as the expiry of TOR's license for SW - same deal that happened with SWG when TOR was about to launch.

I can tell you that a LOT of my old Ahazi server crew currently on TOR are waiting in anticipation for May 31 =)
first, there's a bigger thread second... no you can't(while it is supposedly more open world via lucasarts job postings suggestion. it's a console mmo that is an entirely new franchise.[as devised by the whole, E3 panel listing?])
http://www.spike.com/press/2012/05/2...ame-franchise/
Quote:
yeah yeah, blame your perverted mind on sas, just get on with explaining! I sense/smell a bad joke coming.
VIP
Lvl 50 TK Sage-Battlemaster of Slam Force

Miyuki
05.29.2012 , 02:25 AM | #3
Cool link.

We'll see what they have in store. if it's console MMORPG, it'll immediately turn off their biggest fanbase.
Bastion Server

Cegenaus
05.29.2012 , 02:25 AM | #4
as much as id love to have swg 2 (and i would **** my pants if they announced it) i seriously doubt theyd make another one. were gonna have to stick with the other options available that i cannot mention on these boards cause i had a post deleted yesterday for just mentioning it. ill give you a hint though, it starts with an s, ends with a u and has 6 letters
Cegenaus/Xyrin/Ixor/Domz
Merc/Sorc/Mara/Jugg

Vortex Reborn/Das Ubel- Terentatek

Saseav
05.29.2012 , 02:30 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Miyuki View Post
Cool link.

We'll see what they have in store. if it's console MMORPG, it'll immediately turn off their biggest fanbase.
E3 has one project listed for lucasarts on their site, on the xbox, PS3, and Wii U. their listed under MMO
as someone in the bigger thread pointed out
http://www.mapyourshow.com/shows/index.cfm?Show_ID=E312
go to search exhibitors, products look up MMo, and search major consoles. While Lucasarts name shows up, for xbox, wii, PS3 it doesnt for PC
edit:an action game is listed as well.
Quote:
yeah yeah, blame your perverted mind on sas, just get on with explaining! I sense/smell a bad joke coming.
VIP
Lvl 50 TK Sage-Battlemaster of Slam Force

Miyuki
05.29.2012 , 03:14 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Cegenaus View Post
as much as id love to have swg 2 (and i would **** my pants if they announced it) i seriously doubt theyd make another one. were gonna have to stick with the other options available that i cannot mention on these boards cause i had a post deleted yesterday for just mentioning it. ill give you a hint though, it starts with an s, ends with a u and has 6 letters
the emus are a good idea, but didnt really come together in the end. shame really.
Bastion Server

Bluerodian
05.29.2012 , 03:22 AM | #7
Probably going to be something closer to "Star Wars, Dance Dance Online!"
Sarcasm is just one of my services.

Long time SWG player from Cradle to Grave. First Kettemoor, then Starsider.

Miyuki
05.29.2012 , 03:29 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Bluerodian View Post
Probably going to be something closer to "Star Wars, Dance Dance Online!"
Sitting in cantinas fixing my screwed up mind.... could be worse
Bastion Server

Erevan_Kindelar
05.29.2012 , 03:47 AM | #9
I suspect that the announcement will be something other than a Star Wars MMO, for two reasons - first, SWG was closed down on the day SWTOR went live for the people who bought the game early (15th December), which makes me think that SOE and now EA/Bioware had an exclusive licence for the Star Wars name in MMORPG terms.
Second, there are lots of other Star Wars options or other franchises that Lucasarts could be working on. Diluting the attention that SWTOR gets by announcing another SW MMO would be counter-productive for Lucasarts at this point.

Also, Lucasarts and EA have booths side-by-side at E3, I can just imagine the atmosphere there if Lucasarts were going to announce they were in bed with another publisher producing a direct rival to the title EA/Bioware have been working on for so long and only recently released
No, really! I am telling the truth, honestly! Look I can prove it, I am a politician! I am as honest as the day is long!
Besides, I am a terrible liar, everyone can see when I am lying - my lips are moving... oh damn, err, that last comment was off the record, right?

Gratulor
05.29.2012 , 04:13 AM | #10
It will be something to do with the TV show and very likely something to do with Darth Maul and Savage Opress. Mark my words.
"If you only look after your own hide, then you're not a man."