Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hello, plz help me find the Class that has what i want =]

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Hello, plz help me find the Class that has what i want =]

andrelb
12.18.2011 , 09:06 AM | #1
Hello guys, im new at TOR and was looking for the class who has my playstile.

im looking for some one at main ranged dps, bu whith some mix at closed range, something like 70% ranged and 30% melee... oc there is nothing exactle like this, but what calss < adv class < build spec, get closer for what i want?? i hear about smug/imperial agent, but it looks like at the mix combat they are more melee and less ranged, or 100% ranged, dont know if is that right but if can some one help me i will be realy glad =]

thx and sorry for my bad english

Knight_Marshal
12.18.2011 , 09:29 AM | #2
Sounds like you want a gunslinger. It is a smuggler AC that has really good ranged attacks and a few melee abilities like the always popular kick to the groin. It is more 90% ranged 10% melee though. Most of the primarily ranged ACs seems to be that way.

andrelb
12.18.2011 , 10:00 AM | #3
Thx for the Fast reply, for now this one looks be the more close fron what a want, but is there more option? like 80% ranged and 20% melee? Or evan a 50 ranged 50 melee??... The reason that i adj. For that is because i want to be range at warzones and mass, and go melee when a was charged from one single target or full ranged class.. =]

Hi_Im_A_Sith
12.18.2011 , 10:02 AM | #4
From what I've seen, the inq. is strong in ranged fighting (whenever i see them in combat they tend to only use lightning), but they also have the whole lightsaber thing going.

andrelb
12.18.2011 , 01:14 PM | #5
yeah, i want a more flexible class, a adaptables, like a feral druid from wow =]

Mithros
12.18.2011 , 01:59 PM | #6
Depends on which side you want.

Republic = Commando (Trooper), Gunslinger (Smuggler), or Sage (Consular)

Empire = Mercenary (Bounty Hunter), Sniper (Agent), or Sorcerer (Inquisitor)

Probably in that order, too.

Every other AC emphasizes short-range and/or melee combat. They may have some longer range abilities, but they are not designed to spend the majority of their time at range.

I think that the best suggestion that I can offer is to not compare things to the druid in WoW.
Take what we have said and try different things out, but do not look for what works like a druid, just look for what you enjoy.
Beta Squadron 157

As long as we remember, it's never really gone.

andrelb
12.18.2011 , 03:15 PM | #7
THX..

and sure im not looking for something exactle like a druid, it is just how i find to explain what i want, a class and the build to work very versatile in a mix of range and melee abilits, to be adaptable at any situation...

from what i read im going to a poison operative/smugle... the marks/sniper tree looks be to mutch cover dependent and less mobile.. is that right??? any more sugestions? =]

raelimar
12.18.2011 , 03:23 PM | #8
Either a Madness Assassin or a Lethality Operative will give you a decent mix of ranged/melee.
KRAETHOS
Operative - Requiem

andrelb
12.18.2011 , 05:09 PM | #9
Very thx... i will try both =]