Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Powertech Pyrotech deserve the HUGE nerf

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Powertech Pyrotech deserve the HUGE nerf

Roiz's Avatar


Roiz
05.28.2012 , 04:17 AM | #1
Powertech specced as Pyrotech currently do an unbalanced amount of damage in warzones being above all other classes by a big margin. This is only one class has all its main attacks completly ignore target armor. This is only one class with all instant casts ranged attacks. Playstyle is rediculius, you run pressing few button and do crazy damage on the move slowing enemies at the same time. This class ruins PvP completly and it should be stopped.
PvP is about skills and tactics, with powertech you don't need this, just spam flame burst and railshot and see everyone dead.

The nerf powertech needs:
1. railshot should not ignore armor, for instant cast skill 30 meters range completly ignore armor is too OP.
2. Something should be done with flame burst. It is way too much having 10 meter range instant cast ability with no CD which do high damage, place dot, slow target and ignore armore at the same time. It shoul be placed on 10 seconds CD or have 1.5 sec cast time and it should not ignore armor.

Generally overall powertech damage ignoring target armor and spammable slow should be precisely reconsidered.

Powertech burns any class in seconds especially sages and operatives with no option to survive. many classes cannot play at all if powertech on them. I have powertech and burned other classes in seconds using very easy rotation. Usually good powertechs are on the top of every warzone damage with a gap about 100k - 200k to any othe class.

Awayy's Avatar


Awayy
05.28.2012 , 04:21 AM | #2
I won't comment on balance issues itself because I feel as though I am no longer in a position to, but I would like to ask a question.

Aren't powertechs really easy for team to burst down in a wz?

BambulaGTS's Avatar


BambulaGTS
05.28.2012 , 04:22 AM | #3
Then probably no one will play them cause they die quickly and have no immunities/stealth, only shield on CD, while considered to stay in 4-10 m range to do effective damage.

Twor's Avatar


Twor
05.28.2012 , 04:33 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Awayy View Post
I won't comment on balance issues itself because I feel as though I am no longer in a position to, but I would like to ask a question.

Aren't powertechs really easy for team to burst down in a wz?
PTs have one defense CD. Yes they are.

Guess the OP got killed by one and is now very angry (if he'd play one he'd know that adding a CD to flame burst would completely kill the class.
We are the only class that is required to use autoattacks in regards of ressource management and because all other skill have a cool down (not counting the 3 ammo consuming ones as they are not spamable either, because you are dry after a few casts).

Basically if you spam flame burst for reasons other than to reset your CD (possible every 6 seconds) you will overheat/ run out of ammo and be useless for a while.
Quote: Originally Posted by fungihoujo View Post
BW motto- If it ain't broke, break it. If it is broke, take it away.

Roiz's Avatar


Roiz
05.28.2012 , 04:34 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by BambulaGTS View Post
Then probably no one will play them cause they die quickly and have no immunities/stealth, only shield on CD, while considered to stay in 4-10 m range to do effective damage.
They don't need 4-10 meters. 10-30 is enought.
Termal detonator, unload, railshot, rapid shots, incedary missile, explosive dart - 30 meters.
Only flame burst is 10 meters.
Their survivability is pretty descent heavy armor, self heal and shield on cd, which can be reduced significantly if specced. They actually have better survivability than dps specced guards, but guard needs to always be in 4 meters.
DPS specced Guard has the same shield but on longed CD. Powertech has good self heal with cool down reduction if specced. Guard has small self heal on long CD which consume a LOT of focus. If you use self heal on guard you run out of focus.

Frostbyt's Avatar


Frostbyt
05.28.2012 , 04:37 AM | #6
troll post. Rail shot ignores 60 % armor if speced.

your suggestions made me laugh though thx.

Frostbyt's Avatar


Frostbyt
05.28.2012 , 04:40 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Roiz View Post
They don't need 4-10 meters. 10-30 is enought.
Termal detonator, unload, railshot, rapid shots, incedary missile, explosive dart - 30 meters.
Only flame burst is 10 meters.
Their survivability is pretty descent heavy armor, self heal and shield on cd, which can be reduced significantly if specced. They actually have better survivability than dps specced guards, but guard needs to always be in 4 meters.
DPS specced Guard has the same shield but on longed CD. Powertech has good self heal with cool down reduction if specced. Guard has small self heal on long CD which consume a LOT of focus. If you use self heal on guard you run out of focus.
lol good self heal? Its 15% on like 2 min cool down ahah I love this thread. This most be a group of marauders posting this stuff

Twor's Avatar


Twor
05.28.2012 , 04:40 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Roiz View Post
They don't need 4-10 meters. 10-30 is enought.
Termal detonator, unload, railshot, rapid shots, incedary missile, explosive dart - 30 meters.
Only flame burst is 10 meters.
Their survivability is pretty descent heavy armor, self heal and shield on cd, which can be reduced significantly if specced. They actually have better survivability than dps specced guards, but guard needs to always be in 4 meters.
DPS specced Guard has the same shield but on longed CD. Powertech has good self heal with cool down reduction if specced. Guard has small self heal on long CD which consume a LOT of focus. If you use self heal on guard you run out of focus.
A hot that heals for 2,5k (on geared people) over several seconds is good self heal? To reduce the cooldown you need to take damage...

4m is required for interrupts and stockstrike, which has the highest % chance to reset hip. That you mention rapid shots, the auto attack as a viable ranged attack is amazing, really.

TD and dart share a cooldown. If you spam missle you are overheated in under 7 seconds.
Quote: Originally Posted by fungihoujo View Post
BW motto- If it ain't broke, break it. If it is broke, take it away.

Roiz's Avatar


Roiz
05.28.2012 , 04:42 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Frostbyt View Post
troll post. Rail shot ignores 60 % armor if speced.

your suggestions made me laugh though thx.
There are two talents to boost railshot armor penetration one of the bottom of AP tree and another in the middle of the pyrotech tree. If you specced pyrotech you can get both and have full armor penetration.

Fdzzaigl's Avatar


Fdzzaigl
05.28.2012 , 04:42 AM | #10
Please remember that burst is the only thing the class has.

Btw, OP's suggestion wouldn't only kill this class in PvP, it would also destroy the totally unrelated PvE tanking AND DPS AS WELL as the tactics middle tree, which is not played much as it is.

Powertech / Vanguard is already a bare-bones class that has little else than burst (in PvP), you do not nerf abilities of a class like this without giving back significantly more other mechanics.