Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

JK Story Ending - NOT HAPPY !!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
JK Story Ending - NOT HAPPY !!!

rpointon
05.28.2012 , 03:14 AM | #1
So far i have completed Bounty Hunter, Agent and now recently Jedi Knight.

Compared to the other two i am VERY DISAPPOINTED.

I spent a lot of time and effort ensuring that i had full dark side points and zero light points only to find out that it made NO DIFFERENCE WHATSOEVER, ok, yeah i didnt get the Jedi Master title, woooo big deal. I was still forced to kill the Emperor when i didnt want to (as a fully Dark Jedi) i had hoped to be able to side with the emperor, but no chance there.

I had also hoped to at the very least make some sort of disresepectful comment to Satele Shan at the end, but again...no choice.

I again go back to previous posts about alignment - it makes no difference to the story line AT ALL what alignment you are - despite back in beta testing the devs talked about how your choices in the game have a major impact - they do not !

Needless to say i now will not be bothering to roll another jedi knight to try the other advanced class.

Disappointed ! :-(

BenjaminminU
05.28.2012 , 04:19 AM | #2
Actually theres Bengel Morr and Lord Praven during the corellia quests, surely they didn't appear since you killed them?
"Declaration: Assassination protocols active. Greetings, master" - HK-51

Temeluchus
05.28.2012 , 01:22 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by rpointon View Post
So far i have completed Bounty Hunter, Agent and now recently Jedi Knight.

Compared to the other two i am VERY DISAPPOINTED.

I spent a lot of time and effort ensuring that i had full dark side points and zero light points only to find out that it made NO DIFFERENCE WHATSOEVER, ok, yeah i didnt get the Jedi Master title, woooo big deal. I was still forced to kill the Emperor when i didnt want to (as a fully Dark Jedi) i had hoped to be able to side with the emperor, but no chance there.

I had also hoped to at the very least make some sort of disresepectful comment to Satele Shan at the end, but again...no choice.

I again go back to previous posts about alignment - it makes no difference to the story line AT ALL what alignment you are - despite back in beta testing the devs talked about how your choices in the game have a major impact - they do not !

Needless to say i now will not be bothering to roll another jedi knight to try the other advanced class.

Disappointed ! :-(
-Actually you did get the Master title, in beta they had other titles for the JK and SW and the dialogue saying you didn't recieve the title is still in the game but you do recieve it.

-I think you missed a huge point to the JK story and about the Emperor. No sane DS Jedi or Sith would ally themselves with the Emperor because he plans to destroy ALL life in the galaxy, this includes you. Fighting him would be the only logical way to go, unless your DS Jedi is f-ing crazy or a fanatical zealot and only wants to see the Emperor succeed in his goals and doesn't care whether he lives or dies.

The fanatical zealot works for the troops and various Imperial NPCS trying to start the life ending ritual for the Emperor on belsavis,Voss and Corellia; but it wouldn't work for your DS Jedi as he/she was not raised Sith, is not a Sith and most likely will never be accepted as a Sith. Your JK's interaction has been limited,recent and I highly doubt he/she has bought into the Emperor's cult of personality so easily.

-That wasn't the Emperor you fought and killed, it was his Voice or one of the many vessels he controls. So i guess, you still have a chance to ally yourself with him in the future.
"Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night.

elliotcat
05.28.2012 , 04:02 PM | #4
I think you're missing the point about Jedi/Sith and Dark/Light Sides of the Force. Typically, yes...Jedi tend toward the Light Side and Sith toward the Dark Side, but there are exceptions, and a Dark Jedi is totally different from a Sith. Jedi/Sith are essentially monastic orders and they live according to very different codes. A Jedi can tend dark and still embrace the Jedi Code and Jedi way of life.

Personally, I play all my characters Light Side, even my two Sith. They believe that compassion and mercy are better ways to live. They're disillusioned with the Empire and the Emperor and feel that democracy is a better option. However - they are STILL SITH. They believe in the Sith Code. They are nothing like Jedi and never would make it as a Jedi.

If you want to work for the Empire, and be loyal to the Emperor, play a Sith - not a Jedi, because a Dark Jedi is still an initiate of the Jedi Order and lives by their code and lifestyle.

"We will snatch purpose from the jaws of futility...are you ready to wreak some havoc?"[/SIZE]

ekimmak
05.28.2012 , 04:16 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by elliotcat View Post
Personally, I play all my characters Light Side, even my two Sith. They believe that compassion and mercy are better ways to live. They're disillusioned with the Empire and the Emperor and feel that democracy is a better option. However - they are STILL SITH. They believe in the Sith Code. They are nothing like Jedi and never would make it as a Jedi.
This.
Best way to end Smuggler Act 1 is
Spoiler

You can't make up stuff like that.