Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Repucussions of Exit area on Ops no longer allowed

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Repucussions of Exit area on Ops no longer allowed

Elear
05.28.2012 , 08:01 AM | #21
You wipe, you die, you have to pay repair bill. This is how wipe works. Exit area intended use isn't preventing repair bills, so BW disabled this, just as they disabled vendors in WZ. If they wanted to give you opoprtunity to not die, each time boss kills someone there would be popup "Someone just died, it could be wipe, do you want to run away screaming like a little girl?"

Shai-Huluud
05.28.2012 , 08:09 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Elear View Post
You wipe, you die, you have to pay repair bill. This is how wipe works. Exit area intended use isn't preventing repair bills, so BW disabled this, just as they disabled vendors in WZ. If they wanted to give you opoprtunity to not die, each time boss kills someone there would be popup "Someone just died, it could be wipe, do you want to run away screaming like a little girl?"
I actually quite like the idea of a "Wipe button".

A compromise that is not too dissimilar to something someone suggested earlier in the thread might be a "Wipe button" that ports everyone out of the instance but you still take a durability hit.

The trouble with the situation when you know a raid is going to wipe is that you often have to wait for the boss to get around to killing you, your alternatives are to simply hit him ineffectually (if enough of your team are dead) while you wait to be killed or to /stuck (Not that I've attempted this, I'm told its effective though)

Equally, The durability hit isn't the problem, it's the fact that it is different for different armour types and my suggestion was to switch back on the "exit area button" until they have normalised this.
Neil.
RIP SWG - Jonni Mnemonic (Bria)

myolinyr
05.28.2012 , 08:10 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Satans_Puppet View Post

If you're worried about time sinks then you guys should go back to the days of EQ and FFXI, especially the latter where practically everything had to be done as a group and you'd be forced to engage in the economy and other social activities until you could find a group :P In FFXI I used to earn money teleporting people around the world as there were no main flightpaths ready made, you'd have to get ships with connections and long times waiting on board those ships to reach their destinations.
you leave Vana 'Diel out of this!

tele-whore...

The_Butler
05.28.2012 , 08:41 AM | #24
Must admit there are plenty of times where the "Exit Area" button is nice and helpful and I'm not sure how avoiding repair bills is a bad thing especially if they are not distributed disproportionatley.

Especially considering that crappy Enrage mechanics often makes it pointless to carry on trying e.g. you lose DPS early in the fight - theres no reason the rest of the group had to die apart from the fact that you'll hit the Enrage timer. Exit Area was handy.

Ah well c'est la vie

Snakeyees
05.28.2012 , 09:33 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by monkgryphon View Post
It's a team effort. The Op group is a whole. If even one part of the team fails, the whole team should fail.
Hmm then when you die in PVP you should have repair cost. Its a group effort if one your team fails to kill the opposing player he or she should have to pay repair cost you did die after all. not to mention that you should also loose valor when you die in PVP.
Asro Miraluka, Jedi Guardian Level 50 Veteran of Squadron 367 Server: Bergen Colony
--->.

Brittaany_Banks
05.28.2012 , 09:39 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Snakeyees View Post
Hmm then when you die in PVP you should have repair cost. Its a group effort if one your team fails to kill the opposing player he or she should have to pay repair cost you did die after all. not to mention that you should also loose valor when you die in PVP.
This would effectively kill PvP.
I don't care who you are. I don't care if you are male, or female, black, or white, gay, or straight, religious, or non-religious, old or young. I care about 3 things. Can you tank properly? Can you DPS properly? Can you heal properly?

monkgryphon
05.28.2012 , 11:29 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Snakeyees View Post
Then no one would PVP. All those who are sitting on War Hero or Battlemaster Gear would effectively rule PVP. People would be hit with too huge of repair bills or broken armor that they would never be able to keep up with those already geared. Newcomers would be forced to hide and keep doing little things to remain unkicked. Also, one thing I already noticed: PVP gear has a value of 1 credit. So repairing it is only 1 credit all the time.

alifaraaz
05.28.2012 , 11:44 AM | #28
Well they are gonna make all durabilities the same in future. When exactly I dunno.
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]

Mavery
05.28.2012 , 11:57 AM | #29
If you actually cared about wiping fast when a wipe is called you'd type /stuck.

Repairs in this game are a joke. There is no need to re-enable exit area.

KeyboardNinja
05.28.2012 , 11:48 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Shai-Huluud View Post
The point being that Tanks are no longer in a position whereby they are taking a significantly greater durability hit by virtue of dying more often than the rest of the Op therefore a normalisation should go hand in hand with removal of "Exit Area" in mid combat in an Op.
Actually, that's not strictly true. If you're hit by an elite or champion NPC, you take a small amount of armor damage for that hit. Even if you don't die! By virtue of always being the ones who are hit, tanks will take a certain amount of armor damage over the course of a raid, even without there being a single wipe. The exact amount varies between operations, but you're generally looking at about 10k worth of repair costs *just* for tanking.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dragonslayer on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (combat sentinel) Nimri (df scoundrel)
Averith (hybrid sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (jugg tank) Effek (ap powertech)