Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Repucussions of Exit area on Ops no longer allowed

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Repucussions of Exit area on Ops no longer allowed

Shai-Huluud
05.28.2012 , 03:01 AM | #1
I was reading the recent community Q&A and found the following section to be of interest -

Quote:
Gangawolf: I am curious about the cost of repairing gear, particularly in the end-game. When I die, I find that the cost to repair my Bounty Hunter's gear is just under half what if costs my Jedi Consular (and they are similarly geared in terms of level of gear). Likewise, my Smuggler falls somewhere in between the two. Again, not a scientific sampling, but it seems like heavy armor sets are cheaper to repair than medium armor sets which in turn are cheaper than light armor sets. Why wouldn't repair costs be the same across the board for similar level gear?

Jason Attard (Senior Game Balance Designer): Repair costs are tied to the percentage of durability your items have lost (in addition to item level and quality). Currently heavy armor has a higher durability score than medium or light armor, so it degrades more slowly in combat and it is thus cheaper to repair over time. This was put in place fairly early in development to give tanks a bit of a break on their repair costs (back before we had lightly-armored Shadow/Assassin tanks). With the introduction of Adaptive Armor in Game Update 1.3 this design decision is definitely getting dated, so there’s a good chance we will normalize the durability of all armor types in a future update.

My issue with this is (unless I'm missing something) that now we can no longer exit area during combat in an Operation everyone dies at more or less the same time, unless they can go stealth in mid-combat.

The point being that Tanks are no longer in a position whereby they are taking a significantly greater durability hit by virtue of dying more often than the rest of the Op therefore a normalisation should go hand in hand with removal of "Exit Area" in mid combat in an Op.

In short....please switch it back on
Neil.
RIP SWG - Jonni Mnemonic (Bria)

OmegaMayhem
05.28.2012 , 03:06 AM | #2
You must not realize that 'exiting area' while in combat in an Ops cause some pretty bad bugs, including Ops breaking bugs.

Lazzer
05.28.2012 , 03:11 AM | #3
Why would you exit an operation during combat? Between bosses yes, in combat no.

Shai-Huluud
05.28.2012 , 03:16 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Lazzer View Post
Why would you exit an operation during combat? Between bosses yes, in combat no.
You exit area if it becomes clear that you are about to Wipe, it saves time and repair costs.

An example of this might be if both healers are dead, the tank can keep going for a short time while everyone else gets out.
Neil.

Riggster
05.28.2012 , 03:21 AM | #5
You may not be able to exit area anymore but you can do a /stuck and it will kill you automatically. so you don't have to wait to die or if you are stuck in the mind traps on SOA and your group wipes.
Ravens of Memory

monkgryphon
05.28.2012 , 03:24 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Shai-Huluud View Post
You exit area if it becomes clear that you are about to Wipe, it saves time and repair costs.

An example of this might be if both healers are dead, the tank can keep going for a short time while everyone else gets out.
It's a team effort. The Op group is a whole. If even one part of the team fails, the whole team should fail.

Shai-Huluud
05.28.2012 , 03:26 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by monkgryphon View Post
It's a team effort. The Op group is a whole. If even one part of the team fails, the whole team should fail.
This is besides the point, however I would argue that the if exiting an area saves time (and it does) then the whole team benefits more than if people incur costs and time hits unnecessarily.
Neil.

Shai-Huluud
05.28.2012 , 03:26 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Riggster View Post
You may not be able to exit area anymore but you can do a /stuck and it will kill you automatically. so you don't have to wait to die or if you are stuck in the mind traps on SOA and your group wipes.
You are quite right of course, my understanding however, is that you incur item damage when doing this (I'm not 100% on that though).
Neil.

monkgryphon
05.28.2012 , 03:28 AM | #9
This is besides the point, however I would argue that the if exiting an area saves time (and it does) then the whole team benefits more than if people incur costs and time hits unnecessarily.
That was not beside the point. Risk vs. Reward is a VERY LARGE point. DPS and healers being in the position to jump out quick and easy removes a lot of the risk.

Satans_Puppet
05.28.2012 , 03:30 AM | #10
You're in a fight and shouldn't be able to leave the area during that fight. It's just like in WZ's people who commit to the queue shouldn't be able to leave without getting a debuff before the game has finished!

Its folks who think leaving an area during combat is ok that had the vendors removed from WZ's because they were using them as their personal vendor dump/repair unit and then leaving WZ's straight away meaning that teams had less players at the start.

Exploiting a game mechanic is exploiting and if they're fixing it... good on 'em!
SINDAR
Hidden Beks - <The Brotherhood of X> having fun on PvP and PVE Content!