Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

LI Companions, romance, future content & you...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
LI Companions, romance, future content & you...

Taalbert
05.28.2012 , 01:32 AM | #1
So, I am fairly certain that most of us cannot wait to see how our companion storyline continues in the future - especially the romance companions. Thing is, we have to wait until BW releases that content.

So...what would you like to see? Has anyone thought about how their companion storyline progresses? (Of course you have!!) What would you like to see happen next between you and your LI in future content release? What kind of missions, conversations? I don't just mean marriage, kids, etc - but also random day-to-day stuff (like a date night - shout out to Date Night thread!).

I don't mean this to be a suggestion thread (there's already one of those). I am just interested to see if others have thought about how they would like to see things progress in the future with their LI, in their own personal stories.
Rawr.

Crezelle
05.28.2012 , 01:35 AM | #2
moure interacting within crew ( i wanna see kaliyo and temple rub each other wrong and have a catfight >:3 ) inlaws maybe if applicable, swap out those comps you don't want ( yes skadge, i AM looking at you )
maybe something cute like sitting side by side while waiting for que on the fleet.
Spoiler
Crezelle De'Chimera, of the Shadowlands
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "

bright_ephemera
05.28.2012 , 02:47 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Taalbert View Post
So...what would you like to see? Has anyone thought about how their companion storyline progresses? (Of course you have!!) What would you like to see happen next between you and your LI in future content release? What kind of missions, conversations?
I just want to have it out with Quinn.
Spoiler

I would also accept another chance to start things with Pierce. I don't care if it's a ten-second conversation followed by a FTB and "Let's do this again sometime...lots," I'm just mad I declined the first chance out of a misplaced sense of loyalty.

Oh, and I'm hoping that I can keep things active with Kaliyo without marrying her. The current system keeps romances active no matter what, so I successfully refused marriage and still got romance letters, but I hope that when they fix the universe to allow players to withdraw consent I'm not forced to choose between marriage and breakup.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Crezelle
05.28.2012 , 02:49 AM | #4
i want my toon to be able to apologise profusely for cheating on vector
Spoiler
Crezelle De'Chimera, of the Shadowlands
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "

Eanelinea
05.28.2012 , 07:00 AM | #5
Like someone else said about Quinn...
Spoiler

I'd like to see some type of proof that I can show other players that I romanced and married my LI. Maybe a title like:

Character name, wife of (insert companion spouse)
Character name, husband of (insert companion spouse)
Character name the Married

I want more interaction with all of my companions. I want them to walk around my ship, maybe move from one part of the ship to the next. I don't want to see Kira stand on my bridge like a statue forever. Maybe Doc stands on your bridge sometimes, or he's moved to the JK's bedroom, same with Kira if you're a male JK.

I want more FTB scenes. I'm not asking to SEE them have relations under those FTBs, but I'd like Corso to show some interest in wanting to be with his wife. I don't mind the canned responses when you click on your companions, but if you're married to the one you're using to help you, I want some new responses like:

Corso: Anything you want, baby.
I love you too.
You're looking good, Captain.

Not exactly THOSE, but something similar for them all. I feel like once we marry our companion LI they ignore us and no one on the ship knows. Or if they DO know, they don't say anything. I'm not asking for fight scenes like 'eew you hit that?!' or crap like that, but something about hearing you in your quarters, or maybe us all discussing things like a married couple with crew on board.

Sure, the agent and Vector had to keep their relationship secret
Spoiler

Even if people didn't choose to marry their original love interest, I do agree that even if you hit [FLIRT] once or twice, you should still be able to break up with that LI. I mean, I am married in real life and will sometimes Flirt harmlessly with guys. Not because I want them, but just because it's fun. But HARMLESS flirting. This game seems to think [FLIRT] = **** and it shouldn't.

But yeah, more interaction with our companions. Bioware, you want us to love/hate/etc our companions, you gotta give us more. And I'd like to do missions for ALL my crew not just the very first companion I'm with. I'd like to get to know my other companions better by doing missions too.

GarrickBlackSun
05.28.2012 , 07:15 AM | #6
I've said this before but I think a good idea would be to allow us to have more then one companion out questing/leveling at once. Like in the KOTOR series. Though on one hand I realize why they might not want to- this is an MMO and it's supposed to be about socializing. KOTOR and TSL were single player xbox games. Currently the only way to gain affection with multiple companions is if you switch them out during missions when/where dialogue or ls/DS choices are present. Or during conversations with people at the beginning or end of class stuff on your ship. If we can't Have more then one companion out at once then I agree with having them move about the ship or something to interact with them more, rather then buying them over with shineys.

Celacia
05.28.2012 , 08:17 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Eanelinea View Post
I want more interaction with all of my companions. I want them to walk around my ship, maybe move from one part of the ship to the next. I don't want to see Kira stand on my bridge like a statue forever. Maybe Doc stands on your bridge sometimes, or he's moved to the JK's bedroom, same with Kira if you're a male JK.

I want more FTB scenes. I'm not asking to SEE them have relations under those FTBs, but I'd like Corso to show some interest in wanting to be with his wife. I don't mind the canned responses when you click on your companions, but if you're married to the one you're using to help you, I want some new responses like:

Corso: Anything you want, baby.
I love you too.
You're looking good, Captain.

Not exactly THOSE, but something similar for them all. I feel like once we marry our companion LI they ignore us and no one on the ship knows. Or if they DO know, they don't say anything. I'm not asking for fight scenes like 'eew you hit that?!' or crap like that, but something about hearing you in your quarters, or maybe us all discussing things like a married couple with crew on board.

Even if people didn't choose to marry their original love interest, I do agree that even if you hit [FLIRT] once or twice, you should still be able to break up with that LI. I mean, I am married in real life and will sometimes Flirt harmlessly with guys. Not because I want them, but just because it's fun. But HARMLESS flirting. This game seems to think [FLIRT] = **** and it shouldn't.

But yeah, more interaction with our companions. Bioware, you want us to love/hate/etc our companions, you gotta give us more. And I'd like to do missions for ALL my crew not just the very first companion I'm with. I'd like to get to know my other companions better by doing missions too.
All of these things.

I would love to be able to walk up to my characters' LIs and just give them affection - hugs, kisses, 'hey, baby, let's go back to the bedroom for a bit', etc.

I would love for them to turn up in the character's quarters when they want love and affection.

I would like more letters - once a month, every couple of weeks, whatever.

I would like to know that Corso really meant it when he told my smuggler that he would love her and stand by her even if that meant that there were other men in her life, because, let's face it, there totally will be other men in her life.

I would like to see the opportunity to ask your LIs to marry you if you have previously turned them down in a non-relationship-ending sort of way (in an I-am-not-ready-for-this-kind-of-thing sort of way).

Quote:
Sure, the agent and Vector had to keep their relationship secret
Spoiler
Spoiler

Arravan
05.28.2012 , 08:52 AM | #8
I would go for more quests together.

With the ideas of companion emotes and more FTB's, let get some quality time with our significant others. We should get this especially with LI's without companion quests you can join.

iamthehoyden
05.28.2012 , 09:15 AM | #9
I like a lot of what people here have said.

I'd like to have my trooper and Aric address the LONGEST ENGAGEMENT IN THE GALAXY!!! They're going to have to confront the fact that this war will likely continue through their lifetimes and "when the war is over" is not a good timeframe for getting married. I actually think this could be a really sweet scene cause they're going to have to come to grips with grasping what love they can within a really tough situation.

I'd also like to see the rest of the crew react to the relationship, good, bad or ugly.

I like the in-laws idea, think it has some interesting ways it could go. Not just meeting them, but this also opens up a slew of possibilities in terms of "my cousin has gotten kidnapped by pirates, I need to go help him" type stuff.

Along with that, visits to childhood locations. This could be cute or sad depending on what's happened, but delving into the LI's backstory more would be good.

They really need to sort out the relationship status issues though. Labeling conversation options as "starting relationship" or "ending relationship" would be a good start. If not that, then we need some better way of knowing when a flirt is just a flirt and when it's essentially an "I do forever, no matter how much I may come to dislike you". As it is, I'm half paranoid I'm either going to miss the crucial start of a relationship or I'm going to inadvertently tie myself to some character I was just joking with. In terms of story, most of these LIs are at least semi-decent people who would actually take no for an answer, so having them plow on when clearly there's no interest isn't particularly true to their characters.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

BenjaminminU
05.28.2012 , 09:20 AM | #10
One thing i really want to see is some more content involving Lord Scourge, he has mentioned how he misses having feelings and i'd like a way to see him being healed from what was done to him, redemption could also be an option considering he admitted learning more when he was with Revan and my jedi sentinel than when he was in the empire.

Also i would love to see Doc actually arranging a trip to one of these exclusive clubs he promised to take me to, also i'd like to take kira since i did decide to marry her.
"Declaration: Assassination protocols active. Greetings, master" - HK-51