Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please vote to stop warzone hacking/cheating!! ;)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Please vote to stop warzone hacking/cheating!! ;)

DarthOvertone
05.29.2012 , 12:11 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by vimm View Post
Still haven't seen any hacks in this game. Have you tried being competent?
I see the speed hack in WZs almost every time I play on AP. Of course, it might be the same player on different toons, but there are certainly peeps playing with hacks. It's pretty obvious when they do.
Alphanoob, Alpha-zen (among others) - Garbage S1 Champion
Ebon Hawk | Harbinger
SWTOR 4.3: It was good while it lasted. Thanks BW

Vycwulf
05.29.2012 , 02:02 PM | #32
Yeah, hacks do exist. Have been the victim on some occasions in warzones. That being said some classes do get a passive speed boost if they spec into it. My Bounty hunter for example gets one if I use the high energy cylendar. It's not really a big speed boost but it is noticable.

Campaigner
05.29.2012 , 02:09 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthOvertone View Post
I see the speed hack in WZs almost every time I play on AP. Of course, it might be the same player on different toons, but there are certainly peeps playing with hacks. It's pretty obvious when they do.
Predation. Marauder ability.
OldTraunus (Formerly Traunus from SoEK)
Prophecy of the Five
<Old Republic War>

Campaigner
05.29.2012 , 02:26 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by amnie View Post
I'm pretty sure the 8+ people thing has been fixed a while back, not sure about the others.
Yes it was fixed a long time ago and it was an exploit, not a hack. No hardware or software changes were required to replicate it.
OldTraunus (Formerly Traunus from SoEK)
Prophecy of the Five
<Old Republic War>

Pekish
05.29.2012 , 02:32 PM | #35
I have been called haker many time because due to a BW bugs i wasn't in the TAB table of target (i was out of the OPS in warzone showing blue to allie and not showing in TAB target table but was only possible to click on me to target)

Before we start the campain against the hackers BW should fix his damn bugs in warzone (tons of them) from the group showing only 7 person when there are 8 to blue tag people instead of green tag not having the ops channel .. etcetc

Vycwulf
05.29.2012 , 02:42 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Pekish View Post
I have been called haker many time because due to a BW bugs i wasn't in the TAB table of target (i was out of the OPS in warzone showing blue to allie and not showing in TAB target table but was only possible to click on me to target)

Before we start the campain against the hackers BW should fix his damn bugs in warzone (tons of them) from the group showing only 7 person when there are 8 to blue tag people instead of green tag not having the ops channel .. etcetc
Have to agree. Thing is, when they fix some of these bugs they might just close the door on some of the hacks at the same time.

Sizzle-Chest
05.29.2012 , 04:20 PM | #37
I have personally seen someone running around on fleet faster than I could move on my 110% speeder. He outright admitted it was a memory offset hack when I asked him about it. Memory offset hacks are one of the oldest, and most basic methods of cheating. It's the same type of system the Game Genie, and Game Shark use for console games. It seems like if any reasonably good anti cheat system was built in to the game, it could prevent a lot of this from happening. The thing is, I'm not sure there is ANY type of anti cheating system for this game. I could be wrong on that, but it seems like if there was, it should be easy enough for it to detect a memory offset hack.

NoaFlux
05.29.2012 , 08:27 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Narfirill View Post
despite what is their view i see all the above posters that agree that hack in swtor exist.
With the rated wz coming this will multiply and will create big problems for a community that can not take another fail from the developers. PvP in this game goes from bat to worse to non existent (eventually if we keep on that track), and a extensive hack problem on rated wz will lead it there.
The higher incentive to cheat coze of the top dog rating, will create a norm that the non cheating team will never achieve high score in the game despite skill.

So BW please fix the gaps in you coding that permits such cheats or at list police wz a lot better.

for once my poor machine can not handle constant recording of wz and i can not report with evidence the few so far hackers that i see on my server.
I completely agree. I know a couple people who will do whatever it takes to show their friends that they're at the "top of the class" . Having rated Warzones will only make this worst.

It makes me sick as some of these friends would destroy me over and over as a kid in video games and not tell me they were hacking. Only later would I realize I realize it after doing a Google search...

SWTOR is in trouble

NoaFlux
05.29.2012 , 08:32 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Sizzle-Chest View Post
I have personally seen someone running around on fleet faster than I could move on my 110% speeder. He outright admitted it was a memory offset hack when I asked him about it. Memory offset hacks are one of the oldest, and most basic methods of cheating. It's the same type of system the Game Genie, and Game Shark use for console games. It seems like if any reasonably good anti cheat system was built in to the game, it could prevent a lot of this from happening. The thing is, I'm not sure there is ANY type of anti cheating system for this game. I could be wrong on that, but it seems like if there was, it should be easy enough for it to detect a memory offset hack.
It seems you know your stuff. I'm reposting as people need to know this. Was it before 1.2 sizzle?

douglaslives
05.29.2012 , 08:36 PM | #40
Another reason I do not play anymore this guy is absolutely spot on thanks for posting this