Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Please vote to stop warzone hacking/cheating!! ;)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Please vote to stop warzone hacking/cheating!! ;)

SneiK's Avatar


SneiK
08.13.2012 , 09:22 PM | #101
I haven't seen a single hacker in this game yet, and I've been here on and off since beta.

I mostly play on the EU servers tho, so I cannot say about the situation on the US servers.

Not being able to re-join a rated warzone + the bugs that force players to leave the game are far more pressing matters that need to be looked at. Yes, I'm sure there are hacks and you could use them, get reported, and banned. Simple.

varoncodebot's Avatar


varoncodebot
08.13.2012 , 09:31 PM | #102
i even found a hack on the web that had made your characters have unlimited energy/ whatever for the different classes. I didn't use it of course!

HelinCarnate's Avatar


HelinCarnate
08.14.2012 , 12:25 AM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by varoncodebot View Post
i even found a hack on the web that had made your characters have unlimited energy/ whatever for the different classes. I didn't use it of course!
I found adds on the web that say their product will make your junk bigger too. Does that mean they are telling the truth?
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.

Juusto's Avatar


Juusto
08.14.2012 , 12:33 AM | #104
There is no hacking,
there is only force.

MrNoRubber's Avatar


MrNoRubber
08.14.2012 , 12:51 AM | #105
This post is such a joke... rofl.... i have 2 full WH toons i pvp with, in the top 3 guilds on the server... do rateds every day, do regs every day. ive never seen any cheating, most those programs do not work, if it is cheating it would be obvious...

ever consider they might be good and talented players? ever consider they stuff in thier skill trees u dont know about? ever consider thye might be 4 man queing? ive been called a hacker n my guild has so many times, it really is hilarious, make a report if u tihnk someones hacking, TRUST ME THEY READ EVERY TICKET, ive posted so many they are very good about that....

its been since the beginning of online gaming people come across a skilled player n cant beat him n think he must be hacking. Rofl, cmon now.

pauliej's Avatar


pauliej
08.14.2012 , 12:59 AM | #106
i have played at least 200 games since reaching valor 100 and i have never seen hacking. today i was asked "what speed hack program are you using?" by a sorc on my team because i used frenzy and predation at the start of a civil war. i feel that every time someone gets outplayed or something happens that they dont understand it is automatically because the other person is "hacking". there is no possibility in their minds that the other person is just plain better than them or maybe they are just ignorant. this makes me very sad. please if you think someone is hacking go ahead and report them. bioware employees will look into it. i just ask that the employees respond to the people reporting the hacks and tell them they are wrong when they are.

HelinCarnate's Avatar


HelinCarnate
08.14.2012 , 03:30 AM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by pauliej View Post
..... i just ask that the employees respond to the people reporting the hacks and tell them they are wrong when they are.
Since there are far too many that are not capable of rational thought, that would be a bad idea.

GM: We have investigated "insert character name here" and found no evidence of cheating.

Player: No way, you are so stupid, it is obvious he was cheating. Look again.

GM: Already reviewed everything available. He was not cheating.

Player: LOOK AGAIN!!! HE WAS CHEATING I KNOW IT!!! What the hell is wrong with you!!??!!!

GM: Nope, not cheating.

And on and on and on. Better to just leave it as is.
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.

Malkavier's Avatar


Malkavier
08.14.2012 , 04:37 AM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by pauliej View Post
i have played at least 200 games since reaching valor 100 and i have never seen hacking. today i was asked "what speed hack program are you using?" by a sorc on my team because i used frenzy and predation at the start of a civil war. i feel that every time someone gets outplayed or something happens that they dont understand it is automatically because the other person is "hacking". there is no possibility in their minds that the other person is just plain better than them or maybe they are just ignorant. this makes me very sad. please if you think someone is hacking go ahead and report them. bioware employees will look into it. i just ask that the employees respond to the people reporting the hacks and tell them they are wrong when they are.
How can someone not know the buff graphic from Frenzy/Predation????? It's bright red and covers entire toons! Yeesh. I can understand maybe missing the green Evasion bubble that Ops use...but Predation?

I agree with your sentiments otherwise, it isn't always automatically hacking. I did however, give some examples of things I've seen in my above post. I know it's happening, and even a simple Google search will even find you tools to do it with and videos on Youtube of them being used.

Caeliux's Avatar


Caeliux
08.14.2012 , 04:55 AM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Hogild View Post
Again this is not a matter of opinion or not. Show me proof of hacks and i'll change my mind instantly. This thread is just so cluttered with personal opinion and lack of gaming understanding. Empircal proof of hacking please!
You really need your own talk show.

On topic: It may not be hacking, but it sure is exploiting, and exploiting is cheating.

Kegparty's Avatar


Kegparty
08.14.2012 , 07:59 AM | #110
The speed hacking works. I saw it a lot in early gameplay and many people on our server and in our guild got 2 week suspensions. Now that bio wants to keep subs they are not doing anything about it.

Just played 3 matches vs what looked like 130% speed since our DPS op couldent catch a class WITHOUT a speed ability passive or active and NO SPEED BUFFS on the bars. The character actually gained ground against him when no buffs are showing on the enemy bar.

The hacks seem to be a small percentage above the 115% capable in passive abilities to go unnoticed. Not like reporting players has done anything of late.

When f2p comes out and the numbers shoot up we will see bans going out but until then...

My vote is 2 day pvp lockout. If this happened on ranked I would be pissed. It's sneaky and subtle