Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Happy Birthday Christopher Lee!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Happy Birthday Christopher Lee!

Aurbere
05.27.2012 , 05:16 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
It would have helped quite a bit in the Prequels. I'm NOT saying it's completely necessary, but he did have script doctors work on the dialogue for ESB and RoTJ and those were much better movies than A New Hope. ANH was nominated for Oscars since it was fresh and nobody had ever made a movie like it before. It paved the way for a new generation of Special Effects in sci-fi. And the fact that Sir Alec Guinness was nominated for Best Supporting Actor was, imo, more of a testament to his acting ability than George's direction. Same with Sir Christopher Lee. Only by the time the Prequels came out, the novelty of Star Wars in Hollywood had worn off.
It's a shame Peter Cushing didn't get the same recognization that Sir's Lee and Guiness did. Christopher Lee himself even said that Cushing was recognized as one of those rare memorable actors way to late in his life. I for one thought Tarkin was a great character, no matter what his odor is.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Tuscad
05.27.2012 , 05:50 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I for one thought Tarkin was a great character, no matter what his odor is.
lol. Yeah Tarkin was an amazing character and well acted. It was obvious to me that Peter Cushing knew how to act when I first saw it.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

Aurbere
05.27.2012 , 05:57 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Tuscad View Post
lol. Yeah Tarkin was an amazing character and well acted. It was obvious to me that Peter Cushing knew how to act when I first saw it.
Clearly he knew what he was doing, but he didn't get the recognition he deserved until near the end of his life.
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Slowpokeking
05.27.2012 , 06:02 PM | #14
I think Lee can play a good Gandalf as well, he said he once dreamed to play that guy.

Aurbere
05.27.2012 , 06:06 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
I think Lee can play a good Gandalf as well, he said he once dreamed to play that guy.
I think he makes a better Saruman. Sir Ian Mckellen plays Gandalf almost flawlessly. I liked Mckellen as Magneto in X-Men as well.

Captain_Zone
05.27.2012 , 08:51 PM | #16
It's a shame Peter Cushing didn't get the same recognization that Sir's Lee and Guiness did. Christopher Lee himself even said that Cushing was recognized as one of those rare memorable actors way to late in his life. I for one thought Tarkin was a great character, no matter what his odor is.
Tarkin gets mad props for doing the entire Galaxy a favor in ANH when he blew up Alderaan. After putting up with the nobles there, I can definitely see his point of view that millions of people there just needed killin'. Peter Cushing was the man. Christopher Lee is The Man for that great line in Episode III: "Your swords, please. We wouldn't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor."
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Aurbere
05.27.2012 , 09:37 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
Tarkin gets mad props for doing the entire Galaxy a favor in ANH when he blew up Alderaan. After putting up with the nobles there, I can definitely see his point of view that millions of people there just needed killin'. Peter Cushing was the man. Christopher Lee is The Man for that great line in Episode III: "Your swords, please. We wouldn't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor."
You have to give Lee and Cushing credit. They made their roles memorable. And I totally agree about Alderaan. I got some major DS points questing there on my LS characters.

MishraArtificer
05.27.2012 , 09:59 PM | #18
You have to give Lee and Cushing credit. They made their roles memorable. And I totally agree about Alderaan. I got some major DS points questing there on my LS characters.
OH, MYYY...yeah, that first noble I met with my Powertech still needs my armor plate on my glove surgically removed from his face...

Back on topic: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SIR CHRISTOPHER LEE!
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Twiki (with or without Dr. Theopolis), Muffet, and Wesley Crusher could form a boy band and do a Buck Rogers/BSG/Trek crossover tour, then crash on a remote asteroid, meet up with Doctoor Zee, and save themselves by making a spaceship out of random Cylon debris... and it would still be much less stupid than Jar Jar.
Behold...my referral link!

westrunzil
05.28.2012 , 02:43 AM | #20
Happy birthday sir Lee
LORD CALYPHO EU RP-PVP