Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Happy Birthday Christopher Lee!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Happy Birthday Christopher Lee!

Slowpokeking
05.27.2012 , 03:48 PM | #1
Today is Christopher Lee's 90th birthday, I'm not sure Europe time, but it's still May 27 in US.

I love his Dooku and Saruman.

Matth_Stil
05.27.2012 , 03:59 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Today is Christopher Lee's 90th birthday, I'm not sure Europe time, but it's still May 27 in US.

I love his Dooku and Saruman.
Don't forget his Lord Summerisle and, of course, Dracula!...

oh yeah, and this; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjQjdMr7-pI
"'Good' is a point of view, Anakin."

- Palpatine

Aurbere
05.27.2012 , 04:07 PM | #3
Sir Christopher Lee is one of those actors that no one will forget. He is a great actor and a great man. Live on Dooku, live on.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Captain_Zone
05.27.2012 , 04:40 PM | #4
One of the few that remained untarnished as an Actor by George's writing and direction. A testament to his class, intelligence, and acting ability. Not to mention The Voice! The Evil Cool of Dracula, Dooku, and Saruman. And of course, Francisco Scaramanga.
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

Matth_Stil
05.27.2012 , 04:45 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
One of the few that remained untarnished as an Actor by George's writing and direction. A testament to his class, intelligence, and acting ability. Not to mention The Voice! The Evil Cool of Dracula, Dooku, and Saruman. And of course, Francisco Scaramanga.
George also wrote & directed the Oscar-nominated original Star Wars - but we digress; Sir Christopher's a legend!

- Palpatine

Tuscad
05.27.2012 , 04:55 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Sir Christopher Lee is one of those actors that no one will forget. He is a great actor and a great man. Live on Dooku, live on.
^ I agree 100% it would be a great loss if he was forgotten. Happy Birthday, Sir Christopher Lee!
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

Captain_Zone
05.27.2012 , 04:56 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Matth_Stil View Post
George also wrote & directed the Oscar-nominated original Star Wars - but we digress; Sir Christopher's a legend!
Which was one of his rare flashes of brilliance. The poor guy never could write dialogue, even by his own admission.
. OPOD

Matth_Stil
05.27.2012 , 05:00 PM | #8
Which was one of his rare flashes of brilliance. The poor guy never could write dialogue, even by his own admission.
Who the frig really watches Star Wars for the dialogue, anyway?

- Palpatine

Captain_Zone
05.27.2012 , 05:06 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Matth_Stil View Post
Who the frig really watches Star Wars for the dialogue, anyway?
It would have helped quite a bit in the Prequels. I'm NOT saying it's completely necessary, but he did have script doctors work on the dialogue for ESB and RoTJ and those were much better movies than A New Hope. ANH was nominated for Oscars since it was fresh and nobody had ever made a movie like it before. It paved the way for a new generation of Special Effects in sci-fi. And the fact that Sir Alec Guinness was nominated for Best Supporting Actor was, imo, more of a testament to his acting ability than George's direction. Same with Sir Christopher Lee. Only by the time the Prequels came out, the novelty of Star Wars in Hollywood had worn off.
. OPOD

Matth_Stil
05.27.2012 , 05:13 PM | #10
...but he did have script doctors work on the dialogue for ESB and RoTJ and those were much better movies than A New Hope...
One Jonathan Hales worked on the AotC script. Lucas isn't the control freak many make him out to be (and since he financed the prequels himself, why shouldn't he have cracked the proverbial whip?).

Happy 90th, Sir Christopher.

- Palpatine