Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What will be the point of Artifice/Cybertech post 1.3

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
What will be the point of Artifice/Cybertech post 1.3

hyuplee
05.29.2012 , 08:08 AM | #11
Cybertech is already useless.

I won't even bother listing the reasons here, but if you are level 50, and if you don't plan to level an alt any time soon, you will understand why cybertech is useless.

With Artifice you can still make augement lighsaber - though with 1.3 this is about to change I suppose. You can also make crystals - and I guarantee you they are still way more popular than anything cybertech can make.( I myself just bought a crystal for 80k, but I never find myself buying anything crafted by Cybertecher. Where's the need?)

Slugamaniac
05.29.2012 , 08:20 AM | #12
Cybertech still makes me decent cash through aim modifications and ship upgrades. I tend to stay away from anything requiring mandalorian iron since the base price of said mats requires the jacking of the end product price to something most folks are not willing to pay.

Best advice - roll a couple alts and spread your professions out a bit. At present I have Biochem, Cybertech, and Synthweaving spread over 3 toons. Sometimes one will make money and the others won't. You need to be able to judge your market and be ready to provide what it needs, having serveral professions (cyber including) will help make it a LOT easier.
The Last Centurions - The Madhi Legacy - The Harbinger
Slugfest Slugtrooper Slugconsular Slackfest
Slugagent Slugwarrior Slughunter Slugsorcerer

UCKFred
05.29.2012 , 02:49 PM | #13
My market? Dead... Most have already rolled their own Cybertechs and make their own spaceship upgrades and mods.

Smashbrother
05.29.2012 , 11:57 PM | #14
I make tons of money with CT so I don't know why people are complaining about CT.

CT is also the best prof for pvp.

CompassRose
05.30.2012 , 10:47 AM | #15
When I re-rolled on the Fatman I went with a Trooper/Cybertech.

Spaceship upgrades are something that never go out of style. You make the best, in-game upgrades in that category. Surprisingly they are better than the versions that the vendors sell. They do not drop as loot. Only ONE of the six drop as a mission reward. There is no other way to obtain the artifact quality ship upgrades. You can't say that about most other gear in the game. I can't keep a steady stock on the GTN. If you want the best upgrades pre and post 50, you need a Cybertech.

With the game going towards more of a moddable gear oriented theme, you're sitting in the cat-bird seat with cybertech. Planetary commendations? Takes 2 to buy a mod. Takes 2 to buy an enhancement. Takes 7 for armoring. Don't know who thought that one up.

Cybertech schematics drop in raids. I can make Columi earpieces that sell for a bunch of credits.

And frankly you can't want anything more than that. The best gear should drop in raids otherwise what's the point in fighting epic bosses if they don't drop a reward that's meaningful.

I'm as crafty as a crafter comes and even I agree there should be some point at which we kit the players to the best of our ability and say: 'There's nothing more we can give you. No go on out there and pwn face. Bring us back the head of something mean and nasty with pointy teeth.'
Compass Rose --'Crowd Control'

Spreadsheet Guide to level your crew skill to 400

DarkSaberMaster
05.30.2012 , 12:19 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
I make tons of money with CT so I don't know why people are complaining about CT.

CT is also the best prof for pvp.
Obvious troll is obvious.
Daegeo: (Balance Shadow)
D'aege: (Engineering Sniper)
The Harbinger "Rangers Lead the Way"
Referral link for free stuff

Tatebomb
05.30.2012 , 02:07 PM | #17
Both will serve the same role they do now. Great for twinking out alts which many people like to do so the mid level stuff sells good.
Jedi Covenant:

Gothrik: 50 vanguard; Koracks: 50 sent ; Xeen 44 jugg; Gothric: 50 merc

Jesin
05.30.2012 , 10:34 PM | #18
People will always find something to cry about...
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Passion is a lie, there is only truth, truth is a lie, there is onl... Ah screw it, <launches a grenade> KABOOOM! Philosophize on that one...

Spaj
05.31.2012 , 03:15 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Jesin View Post
People will always find something to cry about...
Whats that you say? Thousands of people play this? Wow you mean if there is one thing some of those players have which they dont like... there could be hundreds of complaints...

Some dont like long travel times...
Some dont like the crafting as it stands...

You dont like people complaining...

Everyone one is more productive than yours.

one less troll i have to see post
Shanque

DreksOrden
05.31.2012 , 03:32 PM | #20
a guildmate of mine used his cybertech alt to get me my first lvl 50 speeder and the idea of crafting your own attacks (grenades) is very appealing to me