Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What will be the point of Artifice/Cybertech post 1.3

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
What will be the point of Artifice/Cybertech post 1.3

MaximusRex
05.27.2012 , 01:16 PM | #1
They won't be able to make top tier gear, or augment slot kits, and everything they can make can be gotten by other means, so is the only purpose to make stuff for alts?

Mindsplitter
05.27.2012 , 01:57 PM | #2
They can make crystals that nobody wants....

They can make hilts that nobody wants...

They can make enhancements that nobody needs...

They can make shields and generators that you need for a little while till you get better ones with ease...

Basically, they suck. But so does most crafting in this game.

AshlaBoga
05.27.2012 , 04:15 PM | #3
There's a couple people on my server who make +41 Power and +41 Endurance Magenta (not purple) crystals. They sell for 800k on the GTN and it takes all of 1 hour to gather the mats. That's 800k/hour.

Average from dailies is more like 200k/hour. Of course it can take a while on alderaan to get the rough adegan crystal so maybe it's really more a matter of luck.

Regardless, it's just a way to make money by doing something other than dailies - if you don't like crafting do dailies, if you don't like dailies craft (sadly THERE IS NO OPTION C ).

UCKFred
05.27.2012 , 04:37 PM | #4
And Artifice can make the consumable for Nightmare Pilgrim, which btw makes little sense why Armstech can make it when it's called an inhibitor device... It's not much, but Cybertech still has squat by comparison. Are there new speeder schematics that people aren't sharing the drop locations?

Karl-Just-Karl
05.27.2012 , 04:40 PM | #5
Having a ct will stil be very useful in a raid group for re-ing campaign armoring and mods to put in belts and bracers.

ekimmak
05.27.2012 , 06:45 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
Regardless, it's just a way to make money by doing something other than dailies - if you don't like crafting do dailies, if you don't like dailies craft (sadly THERE IS NO OPTION C ).
There is an option C.

SPAAAAAAACE!
Best way to end Smuggler Act 1 is
Spoiler

You can't make up stuff like that.

mothermoy
05.29.2012 , 04:06 AM | #7
cybertech will always be very valuable, as well as artifice. there are only so many commendations you can earn. its impossible to keep all your companions geared up. Its very easy, and with selling blue/purple armor mats, cybertech makes you a very tasty profit.

Vilda
05.29.2012 , 04:36 AM | #8
Wrong, they produce endgame gear. At least for artifice, there are schematics for 26 enhancements, on my server (Frostclaw) there are few people putting them on GTN, goes for 700-900k. And yes, it is "Made by *InsertPlayerName*".

Atlanis
05.29.2012 , 04:47 AM | #9
To obtain these schematics you must RE Endgame gear, please show me the guild that has to much Campaigngear;-) For mayself I RE only the stuff from Blackhole gear.

AND you only have a 20% chance of gaining a schematic so you would have to have 10 of a kind to RE to be relativ secure on getting a schematic.

Personally I was lucky REing my T4 Relict gaining one schematic and at the moment have RED 4 further without gaining one. A Problem is that people are mostly unwilling to honour the hard grined an Artifice or Cybertech does to get that stuff. My Guildmates are not willing to pay more than 1000k per T4 Relict eve and ask me to produce ones with Augmentslots (very rare crit craft) and wonīt understand, that I donīt have an endless supply of endgame mats (srry Fleetcomms are only 200 a day for me^^)

Btw. Cybertechs still have their epic Ship Equipment which always sells quite well as I notice, personally I think Cybertechs are better of then Artifice because they donīt have to grind daylies to get the interesting stuff^^
"Sentinels should be renamed: Mobile Training Dummy"

Received Infraction Points for asking Community Managers to communicate

JamieKirby
05.29.2012 , 05:28 AM | #10
Well, first.

I really, REALLY wish players would craft more, i mean, i don't paying a reasonable price for the stuff, i mean, there have been times when my colour crystal in my lightsaber was from the one i got from preorder vendor and i was level 35, no one made colour crystals and that is a sad thing for a mmo, when all people care about is endgame viability, what they can make to profit from in the level 50 bracket only, instead of throughout the whole 9-50 range.

I personally gave up gathering the materials and putting them on the GTN, i got too many whispers asking me to lower the price to 500cr per full stack of materials, you have any idea how many purples or even blues that you can make with 99 rubat? enough to make more then 500cr each and you can make like roughly 20 or so, depending on if you have the rarer materials from the mission skill, but you can make alot more.

Well, considering the basic greens are better then the quest gear you get, i think the game would be vastly better if they just added a vendor that sold all the basic mods and gear on each planet and i mean the whole lot of mods, such as colour crystals.....all green quality of course, that would leave the blues and purples for the crafters to make profit off of, the problem with mmos is that the players just care about spending as little money as possible, while making the most possible.