Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tank Companion Specs

profhermit
05.27.2012 , 08:44 AM | #1
I have not found my answer in any threads, so started a new one. If a thread already exists, hopefully someone can link it.

Seeking input on best specs for soloing with tank companion. Corso / Bowdaar / M1-4X.

Should I focus on defense, power or some other spec on companion?

When adding armor / mods to companion gear, should endurance be higher than aim / strength, or vice versa?

Question also applies to my toon specs - (smuggler / trooper). Should endurance be higher than cunning / aim, or vice versa? I've done ok solo leveling a smuggler gunslinger to 50 focusing on cunning then endurance. Just wondering if making endurance higher than cunning would help me solo 2+ heroics.

Ellvaan
05.27.2012 , 11:33 PM | #2
Greetings Profhermit!

We have a few threads in our New Players Fleet Pass: A Directory of Resources that may be helpful in some of these questions regarding companions:

Additionally you can find more information regarding companions as well as classes in general in our Classes Forum. There are often community created guides in the various individual class forums which you also might find of assistance!

Some additional community created guides on companions located in our Class Forums:
We hope this helps!

haliy
05.28.2012 , 12:08 AM | #3
Sorry for piggy backing off your thread but something that I have actually been looking for is specifically when gaining 10000 affection with a particular companion, what bonuses would they give to the player? As an example, when I level Theran Cedrex to max affection with my shadow, I gain a bonus to healing received.
MOSAIC - JEDI COVENANT
Guild Website
Haliy - 55 Sentinel ~ Windigo - 55 Shadow ~ Kája - 55 Sage
Vindeta - 55 Commando ~ Snapshote - 55 Operative

aarka
05.28.2012 , 06:14 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by haliy View Post
Sorry for piggy backing off your thread but something that I have actually been looking for is specifically when gaining 10000 affection with a particular companion, what bonuses would they give to the player? As an example, when I level Theran Cedrex to max affection with my shadow, I gain a bonus to healing received.
Ranged Tank: 1% Max Health
Melee Tank: 1% Accuracy
Ranged DPS: 1% Crit
Melee DPS: 1% Surge
Healer: 1% Healing Received (there is no stat that shows this number I'm just assuming it follows the others)

haliy
05.28.2012 , 04:32 PM | #5
That was exactly what i was looking for. I had already maxed out one of the DPS and healer (Nadia & Theran) but was trying to figure out which one of the tank companions was going to be increasing the health.
MOSAIC - JEDI COVENANT
Guild Website
Haliy - 55 Sentinel ~ Windigo - 55 Shadow ~ Kája - 55 Sage
Vindeta - 55 Commando ~ Snapshote - 55 Operative

Rangarobbo
05.28.2012 , 05:01 PM | #6
Just to clarify unlocking the legacy bonus for companions is through completing the final dialogue scene with that companion and not necessarily reaching 10 000 rep. For example Guss Tuno (smuggler healing companion) finishes his last dialogue at around 9 100.

Additionally, companion affection increases their critical chance on crafting missions by 5% at max affection if I remember right (there is a dev post on this somewhere) and also reduces the tie taken to perform crew tasks.
<An Ewok Ate My Baby> - Dalborra Pve
Symmetro - 50 Sharpshooter Gunslinger // Forceseen - 25 Jedi Sentinel
http://www.youtube.com/user/SymmetreeGaming

Ancaglon
05.29.2012 , 03:24 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by haliy View Post
That was exactly what i was looking for. I had already maxed out one of the DPS and healer (Nadia & Theran) but was trying to figure out which one of the tank companions was going to be increasing the health.
Lt. Iresso is pretty easy to max out also, he gives a pretty high amount of affection per conversation choice he likes (something like +80) -- I just kept a note of which Belsavis options he liked. Generally, honourable light-side options work best with him (same with Nadia). I also got Zenith most of his affection from those dailies, and Qyzen is the last holdout from my roster -- Esseless runs seem to be the only cost-effective method.