Drop Rate of Companion Gifts

Yaesive

Okay while my toons currently had "Underworld Trading", and I have noticed that the drop rate of certain Companion Gifts seems to have diminished since the release of 1.2. I am wondering what other people are seeing of the same.

It appears I am getting more Underworld Goods and less Cultural (like none), and Technology items (rarity now). I am wondering if this is due to the ability to award our Ship Droids gifts now too?

What are others belief.

I'm sorry to say that I still receive an inordinate amount of Companion Gifts missions while trying to get missions for my actual crafting skills.

In an 11 day period, including logging off an on, I have only found moderate and a couple of level 4 Medical Supply Missions for my Diplomacy runs on my Bio Crafter.

I also run into way too many Companion gifts on UT, TH, and even Investigation.

It may be just a hairs breadth better in finding a metal or other mission, but I still see and get way too many Companion Gifts missions, and I still can't craft with them. :)

Maybe we could swap out if you have the opposite problem. :)

I swear that the system looks to see what you need for crafting and makes it near impossible to get the missions needed to do the crafting. :)

I've not tested this, but I do know that it is random. Though I do not totally agree with the RNG method, it is what it is for now.

To the second poster. I have tested that. The return rate for companion gifts is approximately 3.15 to 1 over underworld metals and 2.25 to one over fabrics. That is very much out of balance.

I'm sorry to say that I still receive an inordinate amount of Companion Gifts missions while trying to get missions for my actual crafting skills.

Just do what I do when I got 5 useless missions... go to your ship... entering your ship will give you 5 new missions... if still no good missions, leave your ship... leaving your ship will give you new missions too...

Rince, repeat until someone at Bioware gets a clue that this is NOT fun and they seperate the Gift Missions from the others.