Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dear Bioware, You must do...ASAP. Wall of text, sorry.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Dear Bioware, You must do...ASAP. Wall of text, sorry.

esnoble
12.19.2011 , 12:45 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by silverdanta View Post
Actually MC/BWL if your counting those raids did not occur till a year to two years out from release. UBRS was a 10 man raid same with Scholo/Strat back in the day. That was the only raid content we had till MC came out.

PvP was non-existent unless your did world PvP which was lets sack Xroads! lol. AV was suppose to be in the game come release but it did not show till almost 11 months after release.

Lets not forget that the first level 60 in classic WoW was hit in 10 days after the game released and from his comments, he was not "rushing" ether.

All in all, when you compare the two, BW is bringing their A game to the gamers, it's the gamers that have forgotten their history.
And do you remember the queues when WoW released? I waited hours and I remember the forums with everyone claiming Blizzard would be bankrupt in a matter of weeks. And don't forget server crashes. Those were near daily at release.

Oh, and if you got NEAR Ironforge, the computer would nearly crash from all the effects being cast!

I am glad someone else actually remembers how it was at release. I especially remember the "arenas" lying around where we were supposed to be able to PvP and watch PvP matches, but they were not ready yet. Later, that concept of PvP was dropped.

Compared with WoW, SWTOR has TONS more content than WoW at release. Seriously. Chill guys. Enjoy the ride, learn the classes, and in a few months they will add a few more instances to play with. In 2 years or so there will be an expansion. Etc. Rushing is no good anyway on your first playthrough guys as you are missing the story, etc., which is pretty good and lots of fun.

BioG
12.19.2011 , 01:12 PM | #42
im in the early state
but ppl is rly complaning about lack of content and the game is not even out?

LOL
not sure if trolling or just ...
nah.. it cant be serious, for real

If u want to compare wow to SWTOR, get wow launch day against Swtor launch day

i bet you cant even compare that , since swtor crush wow in every aspect

And that coming from a guy who played wow for 6 and half years (to gives you an idea how fan i am , ive traveled 22.000 km to assist to a blizzcon)

yes im a wow fanboy, but this game is much better.

MikeCSS
12.19.2011 , 01:24 PM | #43
Wow....

from folks whining about not being able to get in to folks whining about the fact that they have leveled too fast and need more content in a week - and all before game launch date

If you are looking for the great grinding hamster wheel of WOW - this is not it

I am sure that Bioware is at least as smart as we are and that they are just as interested in protecting their investment by adding new content

Rift has definitely set the bar for that - but - adding fully voiced and animated quests will also be incrementally more challenging given the high bar set here

Main thing for the folks rushing through this is - dont expect to see a large group all rushing to keep up - the rest of us are enjoying the ride.
Sorkas Vargen - Powertech Bounty Hunter - Ebon Hawk

Jikahn
12.19.2011 , 02:04 PM | #44
Another thread of endless meaningless debates. I'll bite, then I'll watch and laugh.

1. To keep players there will need to be a lot of end game content eventually.
2. To get players there is a massive amount of leveling/rpg content.
3. Top PvP Gear should come from PvP play. This is already in.
4. Top PvE crafted gear should be made out of the top PvE content drops. (Dunno if this is how it works in SWTOR?)
5. Top end PvE drops come from top end content.
6. Why not have PvP mats as PvP rewards to give crafters the ability to craft PvP items?

Time vs Reward, Risk vs Reward, Effort vs Reward. Nobody here knows what they have planned because they aren't telling. I guarantee there will be more end game content eventually or they wouldn't have bothered with the who damn Ops system. There will be more PvP content too. FFS just play the game and watch it evolve. I have a Lv 27 Powertech, and a Lv 12 Sorceror. Fun times.

Zulfur
12.19.2011 , 02:38 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
what amuses me is the people complain about more of the same, but when they realize that its not more of the same, instead of enjoying the game for what it is - they DEMAND more of the same. why?
Because they are all lambs... they follow the leader.

They need mods to make the game easier...

They need macros so they don't have to actually play...

They need more content because they failed to read or listen to any of the dialog and missed all the story...

WHY?
Because they play WOW for a living.

This is not WOW and we don't want WOW or I would be over there playing and not reading your dismal postings.
█{╬╬╬╬╬╬╣█|████████████████████████████████████████)

Zulfur
12.19.2011 , 02:40 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by BioG View Post
im in the early state
but ppl is rly complaning about lack of content and the game is not even out?

LOL
not sure if trolling or just ...
nah.. it cant be serious, for real

If u want to compare wow to SWTOR, get wow launch day against Swtor launch day

i bet you cant even compare that , since swtor crush wow in every aspect

And that coming from a guy who played wow for 6 and half years (to gives you an idea how fan i am , ive traveled 22.000 km to assist to a blizzcon)

yes im a wow fanboy, but this game is much better.
Play less WOW, learn better grammar.
█{╬╬╬╬╬╬╣█|████████████████████████████████████████)

crossfyre
12.19.2011 , 03:11 PM | #47
It amazes me when the minority complain about content. I have been playing for 4 days now and am happy as heck I am lvl 14. You (hard core gamers as you call yourself) play non stop for 22 hour spans then complain about content. All I can tell you is to get a life. I do love this game thus far and that is why outside of having a life will take my time with it and enjoy the char. progression and story. Just always remember for every self proclaimed hard core RAID gamer there are 100 other casual gamers who are just fine getting a couple of levels per week. So please do go elsewhere as not all of us enjoy trying to find massive groups to RAID with.

Jxspyder
12.19.2011 , 03:18 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by esnoble View Post
And do you remember the queues when WoW released? I waited hours and I remember the forums with everyone claiming Blizzard would be bankrupt in a matter of weeks. And don't forget server crashes. Those were near daily at release.

Oh, and if you got NEAR Ironforge, the computer would nearly crash from all the effects being cast!

I am glad someone else actually remembers how it was at release. I especially remember the "arenas" lying around where we were supposed to be able to PvP and watch PvP matches, but they were not ready yet. Later, that concept of PvP was dropped.

Compared with WoW, SWTOR has TONS more content than WoW at release. Seriously. Chill guys. Enjoy the ride, learn the classes, and in a few months they will add a few more instances to play with. In 2 years or so there will be an expansion. Etc. Rushing is no good anyway on your first playthrough guys as you are missing the story, etc., which is pretty good and lots of fun.
/seconded. Or thirded, as the case may be here.

It's amazing just how rose-tinted the goggles get when people look back at games.
Quote: Originally Posted by Shortwave View Post
McDonalds sells more burgers than The Cheesecake Factory - therefore McDonalds makes the better burger.

Lils
12.20.2011 , 07:27 AM | #49
In a sence though the OP even though has got to Lvl 50 has only done 1/8th of the game if you count in the storlines from the other classes

To complain that there is not enough content is maddening if you have simply rushed the game and not enjoyed all the cut scenes

The problem is to many players have the WOW mentality and to be honest i never even read the quests just clicked accept and followed the directions when playing WOW and just skip all the cutscenes

SWTOR is about Lore and Story too many games now a days miss this out and can be finished in 8 hours or so which when your paying 40 is stupid

I would suggest start the other Storylines, dont skip the cut scenes and enjoy the ride.

Hirogen
12.20.2011 , 07:52 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Kerraii View Post
I am level 38. Others have gotten higher and that is fine and good for us and maybe not for others. But we also have been playing basically non stop. That is just us.

I have played 2 days 14 hours according to the /played check you have in game. That is 62 hours of game time. I am level 38 others I have seen at 46-50 already. Lets say they have played constantly so 125 hours.
Interesting... did you skip all the nice voice acting? I skipped all the nice voice acting of Korriban and Dromund Kas because I have seen this in the beta. It took me like 8 Hours to play through this. After that... i watched every cutscene, listened to every story and I'm only 31... and I literally rushed through the first 31 lvls to get my legacy name... (and I got Early Access on the 2nd wave of the 13th )

I think there is enough content to see... even without operations... and those damned "World First"-LvL guys/girls... just destroy the overall experience of every MMO since WoW introduced this stupid achievement and tracking-system...

Its the worst thing ever... I hated to rush through the lvls just to be part of "raids" and be one of the first to experience this... but I was young and naive... now I'm older and wiser. I understand that playing through a MMO within a week is NOT the WAY ITS MEANT TO BE PLAYED!

Everyone who is Now Max LVL thinks that TOR is another WOW, but its not its more... its better and its STAR WARS... Quality before Quantity.

I loved wow, but now its just content burning... rush through the content and be the first to beat it... that's not a game anymore... and please stop doing it to TOR as well...
Guild Leader of "Die Verdammten" @ The Restoration Zone
Member of "Die Verdammten" @ Kult der Verdammten
Movement kann man nicht sockeln! - Anonymer WoW-Spieler
Movement can't be modded/socketed - Anonymous WoW-Player