Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Ahsoka Tano fate?


LordFailstrom's Avatar


LordFailstrom
03.12.2013 , 09:44 AM | #41
Considering that Anakin was barely even a Knight when he turned Sith, he never could have had a padawan*** and therefore ahsoka never ACTUALLY existed... just saying...

EDIT: To clarify with the *** above:
He never could have had a padawan with the jedi during the clone wars...The idea of him having padawans between eps 3 and 4 isn't so far fetched (a lot can happen and be swept under the rug in 20 years) but the 2-3 years between eps 2 and 3 isn't enough time to do all that was "done" in the "Clone Wars" TV series and still have no real evidence of it in the movies...

considering the movies came straight from GL, if he didn't mention it, it either A) wasn't important enough to be mentioned, which Anakin having an apprentice would definitely be noteworthy; or B) didn't happen to begin with.

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
03.12.2013 , 10:24 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by LordFailstrom View Post
Considering that Anakin was barely even a Knight when he turned Sith
Anakin was a full Jedi Knight in EP 3, he wasn't barely he was.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

LordFailstrom's Avatar


LordFailstrom
03.12.2013 , 03:48 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Anakin was a full Jedi Knight in EP 3, he wasn't barely he was.
I'd call that up for debate, still being escorted everywhere by Obi-Wan at the time, but regardless the point still remains that any "apprentice" had by Anakin would've been mentioned in the movies...that's not something that gets "swept under the rug" and since it wasn't mentioned, there is no reason to believe such an apprentice ever existed...
Anything not given by the original creator, no matter how many people wish to believe it as truth, is actually nothing more than glorified fan-fiction

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
03.12.2013 , 03:57 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by LordFailstrom View Post
I'd call that up for debate, still being escorted everywhere by Obi-Wan at the time, but regardless the point still remains that any "apprentice" had by Anakin would've been mentioned in the movies...that's not something that gets "swept under the rug" and since it wasn't mentioned, there is no reason to believe such an apprentice ever existed...
Just because he was with Obi-Wan doesn't mean he wasn't a knight, they were a perfect tag team. He was knighted, and infact he was really only a Knight in title, in skill he might aswell have been a Jedi Master. Though to the apprentice thing....you gotta remember, ROTS came out before TCW series so of course there is gonna be no mention of an apprentice, I don't see there really have been a need to bring up Anakin having an apprentice anyway.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Brackiss's Avatar


Brackiss
03.12.2013 , 07:04 PM | #45
Anakin having an apprentice is as stupid an idea as bringing Darth Maul back from the dead. But don't mind me, I'm still mad about them killing Chewbacca off in the EU.
The Darkchylde Legacy
Zartaan - Jedi Guardian / Ridd - Sith Juggernaut / Nomi-lo - Jedi Shadow / Brackiss - Sith Sorceror
"The darker the shadow, the brighter the light that casts it." - Tahiri Veila

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
03.12.2013 , 07:07 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Brackiss View Post
Anakin having an apprentice is as stupid an idea as bringing Darth Maul back from the dead. But don't mind me, I'm still mad about them killing Chewbacca off in the EU.
But it took a *********** moon to kill him! How could you be mad, that it took a MOON to kill Chewie?
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Ventessel's Avatar


Ventessel
03.12.2013 , 07:10 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Just because he was with Obi-Wan doesn't mean he wasn't a knight, they were a perfect tag team. He was knighted, and infact he was really only a Knight in title, in skill he might aswell have been a Jedi Master. Though to the apprentice thing....you gotta remember, ROTS came out before TCW series so of course there is gonna be no mention of an apprentice, I don't see there really have been a need to bring up Anakin having an apprentice anyway.
That's the thing, it's a really painful retcon to swallow, since it just shows that not enough thought was given to Anakin's character when the prequels were being written.

Honestly, the prequels had a great story seed, the potential was there to tell this epic tale of Anakin's fall as a Jedi Knight, but the delivery fell flat on its face. Those films deserve to be remade down the road, incorporating and integrating the entirety of the Clone Wars and the backstory to Phantom Menace so that everything meshes and we can appreciate the story that George meant to tell us with the films.
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

Zaxem's Avatar


Zaxem
03.12.2013 , 07:12 PM | #48
i'm probally like the only 1 that wants Ahsoka in the new movie just be nice to have a similar character i actually like since i HATE Luke in the originals and Anakin/Vader is dead
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
03.12.2013 , 07:16 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Ventessel View Post
That's the thing, it's a really painful retcon to swallow, since it just shows that not enough thought was given to Anakin's character when the prequels were being written.

Honestly, the prequels had a great story seed, the potential was there to tell this epic tale of Anakin's fall as a Jedi Knight, but the delivery fell flat on its face. Those films deserve to be remade down the road, incorporating and integrating the entirety of the Clone Wars and the backstory to Phantom Menace so that everything meshes and we can appreciate the story that George meant to tell us with the films.
While right, i'll admit I was surprised at first at Anakin having a padawan. Though...to note, the movies just showed the start of the Clone Wars and then the end, so I don't really see the problem that Anakin could have had a padawan during the course of the war and something happen. But in the grand scheme of things of what was going on, there wasn't really any point to bring up Anakin having an apprentice, sure there was no mention of him having one....but at the same time there wasn't any mention that he didn't have one.

Thus leaving it open, to explain in TCW show that he did. The movies are just one part of the SWU, it tells and goes through the points that need to be made the other things can be sorted out in other aspects. You can't just rely on movies, to tell and detail everything otherwise you'd have such long movies. I mean in ESB, you only saw a portion of Luke's training and then he suddenly went to go fight Vader....when infact he actually trained for much longer then just a few days.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Ventessel's Avatar


Ventessel
03.12.2013 , 07:22 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Brackiss View Post
Anakin having an apprentice is as stupid an idea as bringing Darth Maul back from the dead. But don't mind me, I'm still mad about them killing Chewbacca off in the EU.
Everyone dies, mate. I'm glad that he went out with a bang, it brought some mortality to the characters from the film. But yeah, Darth Maul coming back was worse than Boba Fett. At least Fett died off-screen, under ambiguous circumstances. Darth Maul got sliced in half and fell down a thousand foot reactor shaft! That's more than it took to kill Palpatine.
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell