Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companion Legacy Buffs Not Workin

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Companion Legacy Buffs Not Workin

OeSan
05.26.2012 , 12:34 PM | #11
You guys are not paying attention, the new character, on the new server, with the new legacy IS the one in which I have unlocked these companion's legacy buffs. The companion has full affection, all convos and quests are complete, and in the legacy window it shows as unlocked AND stats I should have the buffs... which I do not. Wow. Reading 101.
Jonshannow.
Drenai
Druss

Valakhnarr
05.26.2012 , 02:26 PM | #12
I'm getting the stat increases from the companions I've unlocked, and seeing by this thread, other people are as well.

Try a repair, and if that doesn't do it, /bug it. It should be working; if it's not for you, something's wrong. Reporting it here won't get it fixed.

SajmanPeetee
05.26.2012 , 03:20 PM | #13
Perhaps you had already unlocked the companion before you checked your stats. I had a similar problem with Lord Scourge.

Negative affection points are not working correctly. Lord Scourge gives tons of negative points to a light side jedi and I would see it move my affection levels down on the bar but there would still be new conversations opening up. I actually ended up unlocking him and completing the conversation line at around 6000 affection, far below max.

ViciousFett
05.26.2012 , 03:25 PM | #14
Hover over the companion icons in the legacy window. It says nothing about crit etc buffs.
You get cooldown& duration buffs for your Heroic Moment ability (once for each companion type) and +10 presence, which stacks for total companions unlocked.
I think the buffs the Dulfy article describes were scrapped before 1.2 actually came out.
The Vicious Legacy
My referral link
CE VIP

mokkh
05.26.2012 , 05:19 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by ViciousFett View Post
Hover over the companion icons in the legacy window. It says nothing about crit etc buffs.
You get cooldown& duration buffs for your Heroic Moment ability (once for each companion type) and +10 presence, which stacks for total companions unlocked.
I think the buffs the Dulfy article describes were scrapped before 1.2 actually came out.
No, for each "type" of companion you do get a stat increase to surge (melee dps) , crit (range dps), accuracy (melee tank), healing received (healer of course) and max health (ranged tank).

First line of the tooltip in fact says: "Grants a bonus to your xxxx". Then it goes into the spiel about cd reduction and duration extension of heroic moment.

To the op, as others have said the stats are showing up for me as well. I have no idea why yours is not.

OeSan
05.26.2012 , 06:17 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by mokkh View Post
No, for each "type" of companion you do get a stat increase to surge (melee dps) , crit (range dps), accuracy (melee tank), healing received (healer of course) and max health (ranged tank).

First line of the tooltip in fact says: "Grants a bonus to your xxxx". Then it goes into the spiel about cd reduction and duration extension of heroic moment.

To the op, as others have said the stats are showing up for me as well. I have no idea why yours is not.
Thanks. Well, I did have a cust service rep come in game and spend 45 min with me doing... whatever he did. He said it would be fixed if i logged out for 30 min and logged back in. It wasn't.
Jonshannow.
Drenai
Druss

mokkh
05.26.2012 , 06:43 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by OeSan View Post
Thanks. Well, I did have a cust service rep come in game and spend 45 min with me doing... whatever he did. He said it would be fixed if i logged out for 30 min and logged back in. It wasn't.
Since it's legacy wide, make a new toon and see if the starting crit % is at 7.5%. The you can narrow down between just the smuggler or if it's your account. Actually I have no idea if that is pertinent info, but I (as in me personally) would check it solely out of curiosity.

OeSan
05.26.2012 , 10:02 PM | #18
it is broken, they said they would finish fixing it within an hour and email, then they sent me this;

Greetings [Character Name],

I am Protocol Droid K3-C1, Human-Cyborg Relations.

Thank you for contacting us regarding not receiving the correct Legacy unlocks for your companions.

Unfortunately upon investigation of this case we encountered further problems and were not able to fix the issue as anticipated in our earlier chat. I apologise for any disappointment this may cause.

Your report has been forwarded to our development team, who will investigate further. Please be aware that when a ticket is escalated for such an investigation, it will no longer be visible to you through the in-game helpcenter.

We regret that we will be unable to provide you with further updates on this issue, but recommend checking the latest patch notes at www.swtor.com/patchnotes for information on any fixes or changes related to this issue.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and to thank you again for the valuable feedback you have provided. Please do not hesitate to report any other issues you may encounter while playing.

Galactic support is our specialty…

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid K3-C1 (aka Kim)
Star Wars ™ The Old Republic™ Customer Service
Jonshannow.
Drenai
Druss

GungaDin
05.26.2012 , 10:55 PM | #19
The Crit and Health buffs are not registering. I sent in a bug report over a month ago. I checked my stats before and after , the crit and health buffs are not working.

OeSan
05.27.2012 , 06:51 AM | #20
Good to know, after I spent tons of time and $$ on it. Ah well.
Jonshannow.
Drenai
Druss