Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companion Legacy Buffs Not Workin

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Companion Legacy Buffs Not Workin

OeSan
05.26.2012 , 10:37 AM | #1
So, I recently noticed that you can get permanent stat buffs from maxing a companions affection and completing conversations...
http://dulfy.net/2012/04/22/companio...nuses-for-1-2/

and did so on two of my 5 so far on my smuggler, corso (+1%max hp) and Risha (+1 crit%)

However I did not see either stat increase at all, the legacy window shows these two companions as unlocked, ive relogged, unequipped everything etc. Nothing doing.... Anyone else notice this?
Jonshannow.
Drenai
Druss

OeSan
05.26.2012 , 11:00 AM | #2
Quick update, unlocked bowdaar too and did not get any increase in crit. So it is my understanding that the legacy buffs from companion affection/quests are not working at all. wasted so much cash on gifts. oh well.
Jonshannow.
Drenai
Druss

kiolov
05.26.2012 , 11:04 AM | #3
they only work for the first companion of that type you unlock

ZORG
05.26.2012 , 11:11 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by kiolov View Post
they only work for the first companion of that type you unlock
Yes you only get the increase for the first one but its legacy wide isnt it? I have kira and nadia I got Nadia to max first so I only get her increase not Kiras but i should get the increase to all my alts in my lagacy.
Fear leads to Anger
Anger leads to hate
HATE leads to suffering

tasmic
05.26.2012 , 11:23 AM | #5
A small clarification, cause I got confused on this also. When you Unlock those Companion Legacy buffs, they buff YOUR stats, the character, NOT the companion. Cause I did them on mine and I got the 1% surge one for example and my surge, my main character, is now at 51% (Am full tank gear and tank spec so no surge on my equipment)

Hope that helps clarifies some things cause it confused me as well

OeSan
05.26.2012 , 11:23 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ZORG View Post
Yes you only get the increase for the first one but its legacy wide isnt it? I have kira and nadia I got Nadia to max first so I only get her increase not Kiras but i should get the increase to all my alts in my lagacy.
I do not think it is legacy wide, but regardless this is a new toon on a new server and the first in its legacy. I should have seen a stat increase.
Jonshannow.
Drenai
Druss

Harakir
05.26.2012 , 11:32 AM | #7
I have them all unlocked on SI and work on all the legacy chars , also rerolled on top EU server unlocked them all with SW and still working you maybe missing something like doing all the conversation in your ship maybe?

tasmic
05.26.2012 , 11:32 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by OeSan View Post
I do not think it is legacy wide, but regardless this is a new toon on a new server and the first in its legacy. I should have seen a stat increase.
If it's a new character on a NEW server, u won't get it. Legacy is ONLY server based, so you'd have to start a COMPLETELY new one on the new server.

elvavwiel
05.26.2012 , 11:42 AM | #9
Check for the more detailed description of your stats. When you don't have any buffs you'll still get stuff like +1% bonus from skills/buffs.
Isra ~ 55 Sage: Jack of all trades, master of none.

phattisimo
05.26.2012 , 12:31 PM | #10
legacy doesn't cross servers ...sorry you found out the hard way....working as intended