Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official Q&A Thread for June 1st, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Official Q&A Thread for June 1st, 2012 Q&A Blog Post
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

monkgryphon
05.25.2012 , 04:37 PM | #11
Can you breakdown the Random Flashpoint daily and explain how it will work and what sort of rewards it will grant?

Costello
05.25.2012 , 04:39 PM | #12
You have mentioned new species but haven't said what they are going to be, are you going to talk about this with the community or ignore what the community want and then just dump it on us regardless of how unpopular and irrelevant the species might be?

Background: In the development of TOR the community has constantly been ignored and fobbed off with we aren't ready to talk about that or we will talk about it soon. Yet this has proven in the past to be bad for the game and end up with the development team working on things players don't want. Such as ugly end game armour, space that adds little to the game and a lack of consequences from the story. All things brought up and ignored in Beta and pre-beta.

Attilious
05.25.2012 , 04:41 PM | #13
For most of us we do not care about game update 1.3. All we want word on is server transfers. The legacy system shouldnt of even been made it was a waste of resources on your part enable the transfers or 1.3 is pointless

idaia
05.25.2012 , 04:43 PM | #14
Are there any plans to be able to customize buffs/debuffs in the UI? Currently there is no real way to discern if it's YOUR DoT, bleed, shield, kolto probe stacks etc. on the target. I know in other games there has been the option to only show your own buffs/debuffs - that fix seems the easiest. ALSO, the icon not showing the duration? ... It's kind of ridiculous especially if you are a class that applies multiple buffs/debuffs and need to be aware when they are going to fall off. Are we all supposed to be gurus with our class and have that instinctual "feel" of when we need to refresh something? Additionally, if there was duration text, the ability to increase the size of the icons would be essential. This is a "quality of life" issue that I know many, if not all, classes could benefit from.

StagehandMERC
05.25.2012 , 04:44 PM | #15
how do efficiency bonuses work for crew skills? does the efficiency number equate to a percent reduction in the time it takes to complete missions or is it more complicated than that? what is the efficiency differential between a companion at 0 affection versus a companion at full affection?

Coldin
05.25.2012 , 04:48 PM | #16
Scoundrels, while a good healing class and capable of putting out some decent DPS, have issues maintaining a consistently high rate of damage compared to other classes. This is especially true when fighting well armored opponents, in cases where getting in position to use Backblast is difficult, and when movement prevents staying within melee range. Are there any solutions coming to address these issues?

Dritescythe
05.25.2012 , 04:57 PM | #17
I'm interested in learning more about accuracy. Can you provide some examples of between normal and special attacks? How does defense play in the equation? Is it (Accuracy - Defense) vs Roll, or is it more complicated than that? Does every mob and boss in the game have the same defense stats? How does level and operation difficulty play into this? What sort of defense do various bosses tend to have, and as a player what numbers should I be aiming for in terms of Accuracy? If an attack is an automatic Crit, due to a class ability, is it an automatic hit as well?

Comparing my in game experience I've noticed the game tends go out of its way to hide my misses (small text, only on screen for a short time, rarely shows misses for multi-hit attacks if any part hits) and showcase the big numbers. I think this has caused players to undervalue accuracy. I'm wondering what the design process behind that decision was.

LoadedCash
05.25.2012 , 04:57 PM | #18
Will there be new info on future patch's and possible expansions at this years entertainment expo (E3)?

Lymain
05.25.2012 , 05:01 PM | #19
You announced that ranked warzones are still on track for 1.3 in the May 25th Q&A. Is the plan still to implement this feature incrementally, starting with only pre-made teams of eight? Will queues be cross-server initially? Or will cross-server queues be implemented at some point after the first stage of ranked warzones makes it live?

FlyinSpaghetti
05.25.2012 , 05:01 PM | #20
As someone who came from first person shooters rather than another MMO, I always enjoy player vs player games as much as co-operative gameplay.

My question is, are there any changes or improvements planned to the resolve and CC system to make PvP gameplay less of a pain and more enjoyable for everyone?
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!