Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gifts...From Companions.

JediElf
05.24.2012 , 02:59 PM | #1
When we play, we shower our companions with gifts. Some to show affection, some to just be kind, and some are given so they don't try and eat us! *looks nervously over to Khem*

However, I often wonder, if our companions could give us gifts.

What would they give us?

Beware the Jawa Sith!
SGRA FAQ! Check it out!

Eanelinea
05.24.2012 , 03:11 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by JediElf View Post
When we play, we shower our companions with gifts. Some to show affection, some to just be kind, and some are given so they don't try and eat us! *looks nervously over to Khem*

What would they give us?

Buggie things for my SI as she loves 'em!

Flowers and candy for my agent as she's a sweetie herself and likes that stuff.

Weapons and booze for my Smuggler.

Less time on the bridge and more f-t-bs for my SW.

Wining, dining and nookie for my JK.

Weapons, fist fights, lots of nookie, and hugs for my BH.

Oh, you mean actual companion type gifts? Courting and weapon gifts mostly.

JediElf
05.24.2012 , 03:28 PM | #3
Awww such a cute list!

I mean, more like, what companion would give what kind of gift, and why. They don't have to be already existing in the game ( but relevant to the lore), but if our companions could actually gift our characters, what would they give.

That kinda thing.

Beware the Jawa Sith!
SGRA FAQ! Check it out!

Crezelle
05.24.2012 , 03:56 PM | #4
hmmm....
my bh would all be about trophies..not humanoid ones, more like that fireside rug she asked about, or a rack of stag antlers, a necklace made of claws, ect

trooper- anything to take her mind off the army, so probably luxury

agent- sophisticated items, high end technology, rare vintage spirits and wine, ..... heirloom gemstones >:3

Awww such a cute list!

I mean, more like, what companion would give what kind of gift, and why. They don't have to be already existing in the game ( but relevant to the lore), but if our companions could actually gift our characters, what would they give.

That kinda thing.

jorgan- dead womp rats at your doorstep.
blizz: anything and everything
vector... F!agent waking up to find little hatchlings on her wall, making heart patterns
torian- very BIG dead womprats at your doorstep
Crezelle De'Chimera, of the Shadowlands
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "

Kalterien
05.24.2012 , 04:51 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Crezelle View Post
hmmm....
my bh would all be about trophies..not humanoid ones, more like that fireside rug she asked about, or a rack of stag antlers, a necklace made of claws, ect

trooper- anything to take her mind off the army, so probably luxury

agent- sophisticated items, high end technology, rare vintage spirits and wine, ..... heirloom gemstones >:3

blizz: anything and everything
vector... F!agent waking up to find little hatchlings on her wall, making heart patterns
torian- very BIG dead womprats at your doorstep
Crezelle, I think you're taking the whole cat thing a little too seriously... that being said... I can see Jorgan hauling in some dead raks =D

Iresso: Access to that
Spoiler
"Bow before me, or fall before me." - Daigotsu Kanpeki
Live. Grow Stronger. Fight another day.

bright_ephemera
05.24.2012 , 04:57 PM | #6

What would they give us?
Companions you marry do give you gifts. Quinn sent me some luxury and military stuff, but I don't recall exactly what they were; I vendored them after a fight.

...hey, it's cathartic. I did it to my RL exes, too.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

bright_ephemera
05.24.2012 , 04:59 PM | #7
Pierce would bring me critical strategic objectives on one or another of the Core Worlds. He's thoughtful like that.

Kaliyo would cut you in for a share of her poison of the week, whatever crazy holo, drug, or sex toy that might be.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

Taalbert
05.24.2012 , 05:21 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Crezelle View Post

You mean, he hasn't already been bringing you those? Everytime I get back to my ship there are a variety of dead beasts on the doormat just waiting for me. I find it romantic.

I agree with whoever said Luxury for trooper (I think it was Crez) - hmm, wine, bubblebaths...chocolate...but a big shiny new cannon wouldn't hurt, either
Rawr.

Halinmonk
05.24.2012 , 07:29 PM | #9
My SI- Weapons, Imp Memorabilia (specifically Sith artifacts), Trophies, Courting if you have a ***** :P

Actually, Andro gives you a giant *** sword....

bright_ephemera
05.24.2012 , 07:32 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinmonk View Post
Actually, Andro gives you a giant *** sword....
Oh! Yes, and Corso gives you a custom blaster, Sparkles. Possibly the only combat-effective gift in the game. I didn't even want the man as a long-term partner and I still melted when he gave it to me. It's the only gift-from-an-ex I've ever kept, because I know it's completely irreplaceable.

That was just devastatingly sweet.
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!