Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP Healing Must be Fixed

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PvP Healing Must be Fixed

12.18.2011 , 08:07 AM | #21
I love it when people who are level 15 complain about PVP balance or game mechanic's being "broken".

It also makes it very easy to tell who was in beta and who wasn't.

12.18.2011 , 08:14 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by stayonboard View Post
I love it when people who are level 15 complain about PVP balance or game mechanic's being "broken".

It also makes it very easy to tell who was in beta and who wasn't.
Yeah and every wave in beta the newbs QQ'ed on the forums about pvp cuz their lvl 20 got pwned.

12.18.2011 , 08:15 AM | #23
I have been healing in pvp since level 10, now 24. Healing is fine. It isn't too much to the point where it causes stalemates, and it can make a difference in battle. You have to also invest into the healing tree in order to be a viable healer, or else ya you are not going to be doing much.

Now one thing they do need to fix is the healing UI. It is broken, hands down. The Ops frame does not show the correct amount of HP. Since that is technically broken then I will agree they need to fix that for PvP healing sake; however, it brings back old memories of spot healing what you see out in the open from previous games. Which brings up the next point, a real healer learns to deal with the tools that are given to them. Adapt, grown, learn, and then triumph when they fix the issues.
"You are not the first Sith to die of arrogance, and you won't be the last."

12.18.2011 , 08:23 AM | #24
My friend plays SI healer in PvP and he does fine, i survive for a long time when hes healing me and we beat 4vs2. So yeah....
80% Socializer, 60% Killer, 33% Explorer, 27% Achiever, 100% Awesome
Sandrock <Monolith> - Bounty Hunter: Powertech - Luka Sene [EU-PvE-ENG]

12.18.2011 , 08:33 AM | #25
Hmm. How many medics are in the middle of the field during a war to get the soldier to a fighting state again.... answer is ZERO. RL however sucks. Medics should have little to no place in a Warzone. Some minor top ups are ok. But it should be the tactical skill's of th team that determine the winner. Not the healer. With the increased time it take to KO a player. The current healing model is fine.

Please stop trying to make the game like WoW.

I'm as bad as the OP. I posted.

12.18.2011 , 08:37 AM | #26
One thing is for sure, ppl dont appreaciate healing early on, no one gives a damn MVP to the top healers in the team.

12.18.2011 , 09:05 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterRoland View Post
Your opinion vs the facts OP posted. I'll go with facts. Opinions belong in your diary, most of which are based on incorrect assumptions/information.
Uhm, the OP is also full of opinion.
Acolytes Recruitment

12.18.2011 , 09:08 AM | #28
Playing a healing Sage at mid 20's, I think healing is just fine. The PvP I've done so far is usually in a premade group, granted, but the healing is still enough to keep the group going long enough to either break and destroy the opponent, or halt and fall back to recuperate a bit and hold our own.

Like others have said before, you need to spec into the healing tree to get any effect out of it, and spec smart aswell. What skills interacts with what else, and how do they synergize? Sage/Sorcerer has the shield, and a bit up in the healing tree you can completely remove the cooldown (bar the GCD, ofcourse). Shield is way underestimated aswell. Pre-shielding and pre-HoTing is just as important as in all PvP, but I rarely see other Rep healers do it on ToFN.

Meh, ramblings aside, healing is just fine as it is. Spend some time on stats and specs instead of on the forums, is my suggestion.
Radiant Knights

12.18.2011 , 09:19 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterRoland View Post
"Big cooldowns" - BIG is your opinion, CC's are on 1min cooldowns, that isn't BIG.

Making healers more effective wouldn't create stalemates b/c it isn''t a buff to the level in which you are referencing your position from ( that being your experience in wow). Making healing more effective would in fact bring it into line with damage and tanks in ability to effectively contribute to the match.

I could go on but your rant about some unbelievably hard concept of chaining CC together to burst down through the big bad healing monsters is obviously biased. Look at the system objectively and not through your anger of not being able to compete against healers. You can beat healers, you just have to be smart.

I know you have some agnst towards healers but the fact is people like to heal and its a portion of the player base that needs to be given some attention to. No ones screaming for healers to be invincible gods, just have the potential to contribute and be competitive, not useless.
Ripping someone for voicing "opinion" and then arguing your own opinion as fact kind of makes you look silly

12.18.2011 , 09:25 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Mileysmilez View Post
If you aren't playing on level 50 with full pvp gear you can't call something broken. I think /thread is the correct term.
The game and efficient game-play should start with the first 10 levels, not the last 50.