Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

PvP Healing Must be Fixed

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PvP Healing Must be Fixed

Izariel's Avatar


Izariel
12.18.2011 , 06:59 AM | #1
I know there have been numerous threads on this. But in order for BW to get the point, we have to keep reminding them.

PVP Healing is broken, especially for the consular.

1. Cast times are too long, Interruptions too frequent, and heals too small to be of hardly any use in pvp. Ill try to heal on my sage- after the interminable wait, if it actually goes off- it heals for 1500 out of 12500... Its just rediculous.

2. Long cast times are the death knell of any class in pvp because it reduces their effectiveness in pvp by about 50%. Most of the time in casting rather than having an ability go off. Other classes have instant heals- consulars dont (without deep speccing).

Giving the length of casting, the incredible frequency of interrupts and the difficulties of a buggy UI, LOS issues, lag, and miniscule healing amounts- healing is just not worth it in pvp.

FIX HEALING IN PVP BIOWARE

Roffejaw's Avatar


Roffejaw
12.18.2011 , 07:11 AM | #2
I preffer the current gameplay so much over what you are aiming for. They did that in wow and healing created stalemates and hour long arena matches, healers in this game in warzones have a more versatile role, being able to deal damage and do SOME healing. You can't tell me that you would preffer a more stalemate situation in all warzones leading to far more 0-0' situations in huttball for example because the fight doesn't really go anywhere.

Furthermore and most important, this game has no hard 8 second cc's, all CC is on big cooldowns and are more to peel and to time well rather than trying to chain extremely long cc chains to kill someone through OP healing. Trust me its quite allright like this if you compare it to games where healing is OP. And it just wouldn't fit this game, with a lack of reliable constant cc to counter healers.

MasterRoland's Avatar


MasterRoland
12.18.2011 , 07:13 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Roffejaw View Post
I preffer the current gameplay so much over what you are aiming for. They did that in wow and healing created stalemates and hour long arena matches, healers in this game in warzones have a more versatile role, being able to deal damage and do SOME healing. You can't tell me that you would preffer a more stalemate situation in all warzones leading to far more 0-0' situations in huttball for example because the fight doesn't really go anywhere.

Furthermore and most important, this game has no hard 8 second cc's, all CC is on big cooldowns and are more to peel and to time well rather than trying to chain extremely long cc chains to kill someone through OP healing. Trust me its quite allright like this if you compare it to games where healing is OP. And it just wouldn't fit this game, with a lack of reliable constant cc to counter healers.


Your opinion vs the facts OP posted. I'll go with facts. Opinions belong in your diary, most of which are based on incorrect assumptions/information.
In defeat I triumph, you'll never take my dignity.

Roffejaw's Avatar


Roffejaw
12.18.2011 , 07:15 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterRoland View Post
Your opinion vs the facts OP posted. I'll go with facts. Opinions belong in your diary, most of which are based on incorrect assumptions/information.
I think you should read my post again. For your convenience I have here the part I am specifically aiming at.

" Furthermore and most important, this game has no hard 8 second cc's, all CC is on big cooldowns and are more to peel and to time well rather than trying to chain extremely long cc chains to kill someone through OP healing."

These are facts, this game would not support heavy healing in pvp. They would have to change the gameplay too drastically.

MasterRoland's Avatar


MasterRoland
12.18.2011 , 07:19 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Roffejaw View Post
I think you should read my post again. For your convenience I have here the part I am specifically aiming at.

" Furthermore and most important, this game has no hard 8 second cc's, all CC is on big cooldowns and are more to peel and to time well rather than trying to chain extremely long cc chains to kill someone through OP healing."

These are facts, this game would not support heavy healing in pvp. They would have to change the gameplay too drastically.


"Big cooldowns" - BIG is your opinion, CC's are on 1min cooldowns, that isn't BIG.

Making healers more effective wouldn't create stalemates b/c it isn''t a buff to the level in which you are referencing your position from ( that being your experience in wow). Making healing more effective would in fact bring it into line with damage and tanks in ability to effectively contribute to the match.

I could go on but your rant about some unbelievably hard concept of chaining CC together to burst down through the big bad healing monsters is obviously biased. Look at the system objectively and not through your anger of not being able to compete against healers. You can beat healers, you just have to be smart.

I know you have some agnst towards healers but the fact is people like to heal and its a portion of the player base that needs to be given some attention to. No ones screaming for healers to be invincible gods, just have the potential to contribute and be competitive, not useless.
In defeat I triumph, you'll never take my dignity.

Peraflax's Avatar


Peraflax
12.18.2011 , 07:21 AM | #6
The healing trees really makes healing more viable in pvp. It reduces cast time, interrupts ect. You should not be able to heal very good with sub 10 points in a healing tree. I think once you get your full talent trees and skill set, healing will seem much diffrent.

Roffejaw's Avatar


Roffejaw
12.18.2011 , 07:24 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterRoland View Post
"Big cooldowns" - BIG is your opinion, CC's are on 1min cooldowns, that isn't BIG.

I could go on but your rant about some unbelievably hard concept of chaining CC together to burst down through the big bad healing monsters is obviously biased. Look at the system objectively and not through your anger of not being able to compete against healers. You can beat healers, you just have to be smart.
1 min cooldown compared to how the healing works in this game is great. And yes it's big. I will ignore your personal jabbering and skip to your point made in your post and reply to that.

As of now if you would buff healing cast times and power, there would NOT be enough cc to counter this at all, so yes the CD's are "big". You have obviously not experienced games where healing is buffed and cc is on no cooldowns, only diminishing returns. If you would, you would know that this kind of gameplay leads to extremely stalemate boring gameplay. 1+ hour matches are the ussual outcome of overbuffing healing and lowering CD cooldowns.

"You can beat healers, you just have to be smart." -

Please, if you would go beyond your "facts" and use your common sense, you would realise that there are no measures in this game to beat heavy healing. I cannot understand how you could possibly fail to see this. If you get this now, imagine how many abilities and cooldowns bioware would have to add / reduce to make it work.

Will not happen. It's fine, actually, its great right now.

Mileysmilez's Avatar


Mileysmilez
12.18.2011 , 07:25 AM | #8
If you aren't playing on level 50 with full pvp gear you can't call something broken. I think /thread is the correct term.

Roffejaw's Avatar


Roffejaw
12.18.2011 , 07:25 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Peraflax View Post
The healing trees really makes healing more viable in pvp. It reduces cast time, interrupts ect. You should not be able to heal very good with sub 10 points in a healing tree. I think once you get your full talent trees and skill set, healing will seem much diffrent.
And indeed I am wondering what lvl the OP is playing on. Obviously a lvl 15 with no points spent in his healing tree will not do well in healing. They are not meant to go full healing yet.

Edit: Basically what poster above me said.

Forkrul's Avatar


Forkrul
12.18.2011 , 07:31 AM | #10
Let's see how this works out at 50 with decent alacrity ratings before we start calling for changes.
< The Unnamed > - Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Forkrul - Shadow