Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stephen Reid Departs From SW:TOR (TOR-Talk Editorial)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Stephen Reid Departs From SW:TOR (TOR-Talk Editorial)

Bertolli
05.23.2012 , 08:18 AM | #1
Quote:
It is quite sad to be writing this article, so Im making it quick. Just recently the once Senior Community Manager of SW:TOR, Mr. Stephen Reid, announced that he is among those who were let go yesterday. He came out on Twitter a few minutes ago with great humility and class announcing his departure from the Star Wars: The Old Republic team. He exclaimed how proud he was of the team he built and got to be a part of; furthermore he stated that the next chapter in his life is about to begin and hes ready to turn the page. Shown below are the slew of tweets from @RockJaw a.k.a. Stephen Reid.
To read more of the article click here.
Founder of the "TOR-Talk Podcast/ Fan Site" Community
Follow us on Twitter @TORTalkPodcast or Facebook

Proud Member of the <Tribus> Guild

-Eternal-
05.23.2012 , 08:19 AM | #2
Cleaning house, needs to be done.
Eternal (Mercenary) & Xternal (Powertech)

"Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god."

GooseGrims
05.23.2012 , 08:21 AM | #3
maybe the next communiy manager will actually come on the forums and talk to the community...
◄█||||||||()█╣▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

dazednconfuzed
05.23.2012 , 08:22 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by GooseGrims View Post
maybe the next communiy manager will actually come on the forums and talk to the community...
And actually understands that the forums are where new news goes, and not Twitter.
Jedi Master Kai'sinn. Not only evil hides in the shadows.
Jedi Master Tzathali. Korriban/Tython Exchange Program.
Major Dulne. Nothing will stop Havoc Squad, Sir.

Blavatsky
05.23.2012 , 08:23 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by GooseGrims View Post
Lets Elect " JeramieCrowe"

Make it happen folks

WaywardOne
05.23.2012 , 08:29 AM | #6
Something weird is going on. This move obviously wasn't about trimming devs that aren't needed now that the game is published... The game needs a community manager.

DarthTHC
05.23.2012 , 08:33 AM | #7
Mr. Reid seems like a great guy and I believe his heart is in the right place.

However, as Sr. Community Manager, I would think his job was to ensure two-way communication between the developers and the community. I can't say he did his job well. He could have been blocked by factors beyond his control or it could have been him.

Regardless, like I said, he seems like a really good guy and I'm sure he'll land on his feet somewhere soon.

pogmahone
05.23.2012 , 08:38 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by WaywardOne View Post
Something weird is going on. This move obviously wasn't about trimming devs that aren't needed now that the game is published... The game needs a community manager.
I think its a knee jerk reaction from EA because of the loss in subs.

DarthTHC
05.23.2012 , 08:52 AM | #9
It's probably more than just a bit unfair to assume the lack of communication was all SR's fault. There were many times he posted that information was coming but it's in final review and similar things. This gives the impression that we wasn't able to post everything he wanted to, when he wanted to. There seem to have been external controls over his job.

If those controls continue to exist for the next community manager, they'll be just as effective as SR was.

Rikalonius
05.23.2012 , 08:53 AM | #10
Stephen Reid was the only person that said anything about anything. The Dev tracker was filled regularly with misinformation. This reminds me of Tiggs part 2. The moderator and community liaison that got kicked to the curb when SWG:NGE went live and she was unable to control the outrage that insued. Bioware, probably at the behest of EA is practicing the old The Beating Will Continue Until Moral Improves mentality.

Clearly Stephen Reid didn't make the decisions on what was or was not in the game. Nothing he said was going to change the mind of those that do make those decisions. The community has railed incessantly against some of the features of this game since beta, and their warnings have gone unheeded, but now they want to guillotine some heads to show they are serious this time. Poppy****. I loved this game, but its fast wearing on me. I'm a die hard Star Wars fanboi, so I'm very forgiving, and I'm pretty much tired of logging in. It wasn't Stephen Reid that should have gotten the axe.