Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gear Minimum Denova?

rNColonel
06.13.2012 , 03:09 AM | #21
MY guild has ran HM EV/KP and did Nightmare Mode EV, we were in all rakata when we went into Storymode denova and we had a huge difficulty killing the first boss and last boss.. From what i believe SM Denova is alot harder then Nightmare mode EV. first boss puts out so much damage you gotta get the mechanic down to help your healers out. exspecially melee dps tank a ton of damage if you have them on toth. Last boss/Kephess. is a pain with all the aoe damage going around. i dont know how we did it but our guild killed the walker in 2 shots which screwed us up in the end cause we had another phase before kephess came down. so yah everthing comes around mechanics and knowing what to do to keep your healers happy

Suzina
06.13.2012 , 07:32 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by rNColonel View Post
MY guild has ran HM EV/KP and did Nightmare Mode EV, we were in all rakata when we went into Storymode denova and we had a huge difficulty killing the first boss and last boss.. From what i believe SM Denova is alot harder then Nightmare mode EV. first boss puts out so much damage you gotta get the mechanic down to help your healers out. exspecially melee dps tank a ton of damage if you have them on toth. Last boss/Kephess. is a pain with all the aoe damage going around. i dont know how we did it but our guild killed the walker in 2 shots which screwed us up in the end cause we had another phase before kephess came down. so yah everthing comes around mechanics and knowing what to do to keep your healers happy
I think this is really accurate. Nightmare EV is definitely easier than story EC. If you killed the walker in only 2 vulnerable phases, you have a ton of DPS. Not every team in Rakata can do that, so that's impressive.

Additionally, I would agree the first boss is extra hard with a lot of melee. It's a very unforgiving fight for groups that use 3 or even 4 melee for their DPS. As much as I would prefer things be balanced, the more ranged you bring the easier that fight will be.

In general, there is very little warning when you are about to take massive amounts of damage in EC. For example: check out this video at 45 seconds in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WKCCDhgyDo. Kephess uses his Savage Arching Slash and hits most of the operation group for 27k damage.

There's no sound warning from the boss that he's about to 1-shot people, there's no graphic indicating the range of the maneuver and no cast-bar to interrupt. In EC, one-shots just happen until you've run the fights enough or watched others run them enough to memorize and anticipate everything.
Member of Bane Fleet

dcgregorya
06.14.2012 , 09:58 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Freeborne View Post
I wouldn't want to do this place with a group in full columi. You'll have a terrible time.

If a player cannot understand and complete at least some fights in HM KP/ HM EV, they won't fare well in EC Story Mode.
This. If you can clear HM's without difficulty then you're ready for SM Denova. Full columni means everyone has to really be top of their game - you should have people with crafted/farmed Rakata pieces and some people full or near full Rakata just from running hard modes. There's a number of burst/DPS checks in the operation that will be hard to beat unless your raid is at least partially Rakata such as the bombers on Kephess.

I also agree with the guy above that the mechanics in this operation are stupid in the sense that they are counter-intuitive (rail shot, person furthest away has no reason for it and is invisible as an example) and don't really make sense or have visible/audible indications. You learn the fights by reading about it and memorizing how it works and its kinda dumb in that regard. I much prefer mechanics like on Lost Island's Lorrick that are visible but still challenging.

SirMoody
08.01.2012 , 02:30 PM | #24
I laugh everytime i see this in general chat.. .and i see it a lot....

**LFM for EV HM or KP HM or Denova SM ,, MUST be in Full Rakata or better.....**

LOL... Why do so many people require you to be in gear that is equal to or better than the gear that the instance even drops?

Is it so you won't roll need on anything? I honestly want to know.
Someone stole my forum Signature... /angry

ImmortalAlien
08.01.2012 , 03:32 PM | #25
Tionese/Columi could be used at the bare minimum, but what you want to focus on is mostly a player's performance in EV and KP HM and their ability to follow instructions. So, yes, a player should ideally be roughly Columi/Rakata mix before starting Denova SM. The instance is also mostly for getting to Full Rakata, too

Screaming_Ziva
08.02.2012 , 07:56 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by SirMoody View Post
I laugh everytime i see this in general chat.. .and i see it a lot....

**LFM for EV HM or KP HM or Denova SM ,, MUST be in Full Rakata or better.....**

LOL... Why do so many people require you to be in gear that is equal to or better than the gear that the instance even drops?

Is it so you won't roll need on anything? I honestly want to know.
I'm guessing this is the reason. I joined a HM EV about a month ago where the leader was spamming "Need 1 geared DPS for HM EV and g2g." I whispered him and he asked about my gear. I told him I was full Rakata + BH and he invited me. It was a guild run that was missing a DPS so I thought everything was going to be fine and I didn't bother checking any of the other people in the group. After two wipes on the first boss I finally decided to check the other players. A few were Rakata but the majority of them were Columi + Tionese or worse. They were looking for a fully geared player to basically help them gear up their guild because they knew I wouldn't need any of the drops.

rocketwannknobi
09.16.2012 , 10:30 AM | #27
So sorry guys to tell this most of u say that the minimum gear is rakata or columi rakata column mix but i am tank with assassin and i did this many time on SM and HM and i wears the php full battle master gear now i finally completed the full rakata and i don't see any difference PS this comm was not to say that anyone is wrong in what they are saying but take this gear i told ya as an approved gear for denova

ValantheLiadon
09.16.2012 , 01:03 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by rocketwannknobi View Post
So sorry guys to tell this most of u say that the minimum gear is rakata or columi rakata column mix but i am tank with assassin and i did this many time on SM and HM and i wears the php full battle master gear now i finally completed the full rakata and i don't see any difference PS this comm was not to say that anyone is wrong in what they are saying but take this gear i told ya as an approved gear for denova
You realize that Battlemaster has 58-level (Rakata-equivalent) mods in it, correct?

Zevronian
09.16.2012 , 06:11 PM | #29
I have done this in full columi with no problems. A few pieces of rakata will definetly help out. As long as you know the fights, it will be easy with that gear combo.
"The man, the myth, the...Jawa?"

grallmate
09.16.2012 , 08:24 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Zevronian View Post
I have done this in full columi with no problems. A few pieces of rakata will definetly help out. As long as you know the fights, it will be easy with that gear combo.
And thats pretty much what it boils down too: *IF* you know the fights, and you playing at your peak, Columi is fine. Rakata+ just gives you more margin for error. Which, when dealing with PUGs, is what its all about.