Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gear Minimum Denova?

Expax
05.23.2012 , 06:23 AM | #1
What is the gear minimum for Denova?

Saseav
05.23.2012 , 06:32 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Expax View Post
What is the gear minimum for Denova?
columni/rakata mix.
Quote:
yeah yeah, blame your perverted mind on sas, just get on with explaining! I sense/smell a bad joke coming.
VIP
Lvl 50 TK Sage-Battlemaster of Slam Force

pureeffinmetal
05.23.2012 , 08:37 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Saseav View Post
columni/rakata mix.
No. Story Mode Denova drops Rakata gear. Therefore in no way does it require the gear it rewards you with in order to complete it.

Full Columi is fine for Story. Full Rakata for HM.
Fallschirmjager
Lightning Sorcerer
<Rapture>
The Shadowlands (Formerly Shadow Hand)

Staris
05.23.2012 , 09:01 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by pureeffinmetal View Post
No. Story Mode Denova drops Rakata gear. Therefore in no way does it require the gear it rewards you with in order to complete it.

Bare minimum sure but I would suggest doing EV HM first which does drop Rakata and maybe even some KP HM since Denova is said to be as hard as KP HM.

Freeborne
05.23.2012 , 09:05 AM | #5

Except you can get 3 of the Rakata pieces (Implants and ear) without ever stepping foot in an Operation.

I wouldn't want to do this place with a group in full columi. You'll have a terrible time.

If a player cannot understand and complete at least some fights in HM KP/ HM EV, they won't fare well in EC Story Mode.
The Ebon Hawk: 50 Commando, Shep'ard. 50 Guardian, Asha'man
Want a global LFG channel? Type "/cjoin LFG" on your server and get others to do the same!

Codek
05.23.2012 , 09:09 AM | #6

It drops Rakata as an intent to help people finish there Rakata set, not start it. It's not recommended to go here without a moderate amount of Rakata already on the group.
~Codek

pureeffinmetal
05.23.2012 , 09:12 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Freeborne View Post
Except you can get 3 of the Rakata pieces (Implants and ear) without ever stepping foot in an Operation.

I wouldn't want to do this place with a group in full columi. You'll have a terrible time.

If a player cannot understand and complete at least some fights in HM KP/ HM EV, they won't fare well in EC Story Mode.
So? You can also get Black Hole gear without ever stepping foot into an operation. What does that have to do with anything?

And what does being able to complete HM KP/EV have anything to do with Denova?

Full Columi is fine. In fact Columi gear is pretty much better than Rakata until you re-itemize it anyway. People seriously overrate Rakata gear.

Denova is not so much a gear check as a competency check. If you're a skilled player full Columi is fine.
Fallschirmjager
Lightning Sorcerer
<Rapture>
The Shadowlands (Formerly Shadow Hand)

alifaraaz
05.23.2012 , 09:34 AM | #8
I would say full Columi + rakata ear and implants.

Tbh, minimum is tough term to work with, since it's probably doable with full columi, or even mostly columi with 1 or 2 bits of tionese.

But yes, I wouldn't reccomend trying unless everyone has full Columi. There are some enrage timers there that will be tough to beat without it - but in general, EC is all about learning the tactics/mechanics.

Once you master them - the fights become not too bad in terms of actual numbers (damage taken, damage required to kill, etc etc)
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]

Aetou
05.23.2012 , 03:30 PM | #9

Have you completed it with a group with all Columi gear? I'd be surprised and impressed it you have. I'd say it's more a 50-50 Columi/Rakata mix that is necessary. If people have never done the other Ops on HM then I'll be shocked if they can do storymode Denova. We've one-shot both EV and KP HM but still struggle on Denova Storymode with mostly-Rakata. I mean, we're primarily a PVP guild but still - I'll be shocked if people who have never done the other HM Ops could do this.

Ganrax
05.23.2012 , 03:54 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Aetou View Post
Have you completed it with a group with all Columi gear? I'd be surprised and impressed it you have. I'd say it's more a 50-50 Columi/Rakata mix that is necessary. If people have never done the other Ops on HM then I'll be shocked if they can do storymode Denova. We've one-shot both EV and KP HM but still struggle on Denova Storymode with mostly-Rakata. I mean, we're primarily a PVP guild but still - I'll be shocked if people who have never done the other HM Ops could do this.
I would say in terms of gear requirements it can be done in Columi gear but the mechanic execution requirements are much more demanding than EV and KP and that is where a lot of groups run into problems. If you are good with executing mechanics I don't see why you can't complete this place in Columi gear, considering EV and KP are complete jokes and don't really prepare you for this raid anyway mechanic-wise. Over gearing can play some part to overcome mistakes but over all it is about mechanic execution. I mean just look at your comment about you struggling through Story mode Denova in mostly Rakata. The last time I ran through Story Mode Denova we did it in about an hour and our gear was all over the place(some of us, like myself, were in Full Modified Rakata while others were in just Columi, and others were in a mix of Columi and Rakata).