Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companions in the wrong storyline

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Companions in the wrong storyline

Kaisernick
05.23.2012 , 03:14 PM | #21
im hopeing Ashara will turn out a little like anikan (but less whiney about it) and u convince her that the only way to do ro save something is to turn.

Ashania
05.23.2012 , 03:19 PM | #22
Akaavi Sparr.....

Seriously, the Smuggler has too many male companions to begin with.

NoxIrradiata
05.23.2012 , 03:32 PM | #23
Lieutenant Pierce would be great for the Imperial Agent. Yum!
The Harbinger
Thalyssa: Sith Marauder Rha Vhanna: Operative

Peace is a lie. There is only Passion...

Ellyria
05.23.2012 , 03:41 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashania View Post
Seriously, the Smuggler has too many male companions to begin with.
I find that funny because Smuggler, Agent, and Sith Warrior are the only classes that have more than one female companion, the rest are all one female/four males. (Not to mention almost all the females are romance options, minus SCORPIO and Light Side Jaesa).

Anyway, on topic, I think all the companions are fine in the stories they're in, since not everyone plays the same way, so there's always one companion who mostly agrees with you. However, I will say that, in my opinion, for some companions it's odd that they're companions at all. They just seem so out of place, like another NPC would have made more sense to join you.
The Ebon Hawk ~ The Highwind Legacy
BioWare: Thanks for Theron Shan in KOTFE!
Irritated Statement: Master, if you insist on echoing everything I say, this already tedious conversation is in danger of becoming even longer.

AhsokaTanorules
05.23.2012 , 04:38 PM | #25
Khem Val would be bettter for my SW since I rp him as a monster heel Kane type.

Vette and kaliyo would be good for my BH due to their carefree lawlessness.

Aric for my Jedi Knight as two straight arrow types. She would be willing to romance him since Rusk isn't romanceable.

Adronikos would have been good for my Trooper or Smuggler since thye prefer bad boys. My smuggler would have even gone for Doc or Tharan.

AshlaBoga
05.23.2012 , 06:23 PM | #26
As an SI I REALLY don't want Ashara to become Dark for role playing reasons. Why? So I can trust her.

Basically despite Xalek saying "I would be honored to call you father," plenty of Sith murder their parents. Plus he also says "One day the student will become the master." Yeah, he became my apprentice after bashing in another apprentice's head. I want an apprentice I can trust, and if that means she has to follow both Jedi and Sith codes then so be it (besides I couldn't romance her comfortably if I thought she'd pull a Quin on me).

Doesn't anyone else see the advantage of having a Neutral Ashara rather than a DS Ashara? Heck, remember that "treachery is the way of the Sith." Ergo, I don't want Ashara embracing the Sith way - she'll pull a Praying Mantis or Black Widow on me if she ever truly becomes a Dark Side Sith

Eanelinea
05.23.2012 , 06:44 PM | #27
I tend to RP my characters to sort of, kind of make my companion I'm with happy, or not so 'omg I hate that option! -300!'.

But I HAVE found that my LIs fit each girls' personalities best.

My Sith Juggernaut relied heavily on Quinn's genius in tactics and his intellect. She asked his opinion on everything in the class storyline. He agreed with just about every decision I made, except when it came to obtaining Jaesa. I went the LS way and he was giving me -20s left and right (or is it negative 1s? can't remember). But he did not agree with some of my LS choices. The majority of LS decisions he liked. So he's best suited for neutral players. But as I said, I always roll with my LIs, no matter what my spec is and what they are.

My Bounty Hunter is a powertech defense spec and she rolled with Torian. Let me say, the two of us kicked *** so well, I soloed my class story and finished it at 46. And my armor was orange and not even that good.

My SI rolled with Andronikos and he agrees with the majority of her decisions. She's mostly first/second tree, but they compliment each other well and he fits her personality.

My Jedi Knight rolls with Doc. She took a 500 DS hit romancing and marrying him, but his personality matches hers perfectly. She's LS, but she's a freak. Yes, I said a FREAK. And she and Doc are a perfect match.

My agent is LS and Vector fit her to a tee compared to Kaliyo. She hated every single decision I made. So I just took the negative hits. I didn't like her anti-social behavior.

Corso fit my smuggler's personality. Sure, I had wanted her to be a **** at first, but with Corso's constant jealousy, I changed how I played her some. Heck, he was her first lover because of this.

I'm on my trooper now, trying to get high enough to finish chapter 2 and romance and marry Jorgan. He agrees with just about everything I say, so he'll be easy. And he fits her personality too. She's not 100% woo republic, but close enough to have him like her decisions.

dazednconfuzed
05.24.2012 , 04:01 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by WickedDjinn View Post
Well I think your selling Jaesa a bit short. After all, look at all you do to break her down. I don't think there is any other companion that's as tied up with your characters main storyline.
Khem. He is VERY integral to the SI storyline.
Jedi Master Kai'sinn. Not only evil hides in the shadows.
Jedi Master Tzathali. Korriban/Tython Exchange Program.
Major Dulne. Nothing will stop Havoc Squad, Sir.

KorinHyvek
05.24.2012 , 09:05 AM | #29
Generally speaking, I think most companions fit fairly well; Most classes have the majority of their companions line up with a potential archetype (and thus a foil to the others), with maybe one companion like Blizz serving as a more eccentric character.

For instance, the Bounty Hunter's companions can be broken down into; (spoilered for brevity)

Spoiler

The trooper;

Spoiler

The Sith Warrior;

Spoiler

The Agent;

Spoiler

The smuggler's more a collection of people who were tied to Han Solo's story, albiet with twists involved.

Spoiler

Those are the classes I've gotten fairly far in; My Knight, Consular, and Inquisitor are all in chapter 1 (actually, the latter two are still in the prologue)
The Ferrin Legacy, Ebon Hawk
Major Volner Ferrin // Darth Hessar

Maaruin
05.24.2012 , 01:42 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Gwena View Post
I agree that it is nice to have variety in companions, to suit different alignments and play styles. So a companion that seems like a "poor fit" to one may be a "perfect fit" for another. ^^

That said, sometimes I feel like Tharan Cedrax would be far better suited to being a Smuggler companion. He doesn't even like the Force, and though he claims to want adventure, he's a pacifist and would probably much prefer a Smuggler's idea of adventure (sneaking around, shooting from a distance, slipping away from trouble, being crafty, etc). He's kinda grown on me, and I don't think he's a horrible fit for the JC or anything . . . I just think he'd work really well as a Smuggler companion.
I doubt Tharan is a real pacifist. He developed and sold weapons (I think to the Hutts). I bet his pacifism exists only in theory. I could really imagin him sitting at his computer and developing the Death Star and then saying: "Well, of course war is bad."
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall