Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

In what year, and how old were you?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
In what year, and how old were you?

Soulchilde
12.19.2011 , 07:01 AM | #21
1977 when episode IV released and I was 7. My dad took a bunch of kids to see the movie.

RavenTwyst
12.19.2011 , 07:33 AM | #22
The first movie I remember seeing was Return of the Jedi at the drive-in in 1983. I was 5.

DarkDoz
12.19.2011 , 07:51 AM | #23
May 25, 1977 opening day I was 16 years old and its been in my head ever since
The Shadowlands server
Dozinator L65 Scoundrel DPS Dozi L65 Scoundrel Healer
The Shadowlands server
Lost'Her L70 Sniper DPS Lost'Him L70 Operative Healer

Lorgrin
12.19.2011 , 07:54 AM | #24
I was 4 years old. Saw Ep. 4 back in May of 77 with my brother and Dad in Lubbock Tx. I remember the film broke right as the Tuskan Raider attack, so we went out for popcorn, and it was playing and over by the time we got back to our seats.

Good Times

Brightsaber
12.19.2011 , 08:03 AM | #25
I was less then 1 in 1977 when my brother, who is 9 years older than me, convinced my mom to take me to see it. He had already seen it 6 times before that and said that it was going to be a classic so I had to see it in the theatre.

I don't remember seeing it but there is a Polaroid of me by the enttrance to the theatre and in the theatre.

I do remember going to see Empire Strikes Back in the theatre for the original release.

Aralt
12.19.2011 , 08:09 AM | #26
1996, I was 7 and it was episode 4, I saw it with my dad and fell in love with it that day, and so for the past 15 year, I have been in love with the series, been playing the games since x-wing and dark forces. Also because of my age I loved all the prequels, which now I still enjoy them, as long as I pretend I am still little.

Hellbrass
12.19.2011 , 08:38 AM | #27
First time i saw Star Wars would have been in 1995, on my 13th birthday. Yup i really was that old before i saw them. I got the original trilogy on VHS (for younglings, like a DVD but a box full of magnetic tape) when they were first remastered (not the Special Editions).

Weirdly though i had read 'Heir to the Empire' before actually seeing the films, so the Star Wars characters have always been more novel characters to me rather than movie characters. And it did leave me wondering where Mara Jade was

rynecrimson
12.19.2011 , 09:09 AM | #28
Sometime in the mid 80's. I was prob around 6 years old with my cousin who prob had it on vhs.

xeeki
12.19.2011 , 10:14 AM | #29
I walked in on my brother watching Return of the Jedi, first time I saw a lightsabre was when Luke turns it on in the woods of Endor to deflect the Trooper's speeder blasts. I watched all the movies backwards, since I was too young (can't even remember the exact age) to get the whole Episode number thing... It totally ruined the "I am your father!"-part.

Anareon
12.19.2011 , 10:15 AM | #30
My Star Wars experience began one day in 1977 when my father and I were watching television and the first Star Wars commercial started. After it was over my mouth was hanging open in disbelief. I couldn't comprehend what we just witnessed.

I saw Star Wars in the theater in 1977 with my friends in Middletown, CT. I was 15 years old. I went back 4-5 times and to this day have never gotten tired of it.

I distinctly remember going to the same theater in 1980 to watch Empire Strikes Back with my brother and my cousin. The theater was packed solid and we had to sit in the front row but we didn't care. I saw that movie also 4-5 times in the same theater.

I saw Return of the Jedi in Beaufort, SC (I was in military there) in 1983. To this day Return of the Jedi holds my personal record of seeing the same movie in a theater at 7 times. Return of the Jedi blew me away. I just could not get enough of the final space battle at the end.

And now I am playing SWTOR and loving every bit of it.