Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

In what year, and how old were you?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
In what year, and how old were you?

vadess
12.18.2011 , 05:35 PM | #11
I watched my first Star Wars movie in the year 2000 when I turned 11.

Malsvir
12.18.2011 , 10:00 PM | #12
The first Star Wars movie I saw was Empire on laserdisk back in 83 or so at my friends house. I was 8ish, and to this day that's the best damn movie I've ever seen.
Nice glowstick ya pansy!

Strumpan_SWE
12.18.2011 , 10:05 PM | #13
A new hope

Back then it took Swedich television a few years befor they aired a movie.

I was 4 and saw the movie with my parents.

All I wanted was to be like Luke back then, not untill I was 20, it was Han that I thought was the coolest
[Lightsaberhilt]----------------------------------------------

Quote: Originally Posted by Biggrouse View Post
7/10. it's a great lightsaber.
Quote: Originally Posted by SandmanJoe View Post
In the late 70's there were no VCRs, that's a blue ray player for anyone under 13 LOL.

VoxTheHero
12.18.2011 , 10:33 PM | #14
Probably 1994, watching Episode IV at my grandparents' house on VHS. I was 4 at the time, and have loved Star Wars ever since.
Squadron 367 Veteran
My DevArt
Karnel Fass: Jedi Guardian

Kikilicious
12.18.2011 , 11:04 PM | #15
My first ever was when The Phantom Menace was released in theatres. I'm 16 now, and I have no idea when it was released. I remember Obi-Wan running down that laser-barrier hallway while Darth Maul and Quan-Jin(?) were battling it out.

I'm going to watch it in theatres when they release it in 3D.
Asania Tapfer'keit : Chiss : Bounty Hunter : Powertech

Xerolyfe
12.19.2011 , 03:46 AM | #16
Very, very young. Maybe 3 years old. I saw Empire Strikes Back at a theater somewhere with my parents long after it had already been released (probably 1983-84). Like someone else posted, the battle on Hoth sucked me in. From then on I had to have every Star Wars toy available. For the longest time though I thought Storm Trooper action figures were the good guys because they wore white. LOL.

GhostRiderLSOV
12.19.2011 , 04:30 AM | #17
I was really young too, probably 4-5? And I saw Episode IV on a video tape. :P

It was also my first movie, so yeah, Star Wars got into my blood.

Quote: Originally Posted by aka_matrix_pwner View Post
**Spoiler** Darth Vader says: "Luke I am your father" **spoiler**
More like: "No. I am your father."

Heebicka
12.19.2011 , 05:34 AM | #18
1984, I was 7 years old, it was ep. IV, a poor betamax copy with one man voiceover dubbing into my native language. there was communism here,watching SW and other western movies needed pretty good underworld trading ability

Shammus
12.19.2011 , 05:44 AM | #19
I don't remember how old I was but I was extremely young probably 4-6 in the early 80's I remember hanging from the monkey bars upside down at the playground trying to use the force to make my "LIGHTSAVER, or LIFESAVER" come to my hand so that I could kill the snow monster.
Sith Weapons And Tactics
Guildmaster | Giradda the Hutt
You have been knocked unconscious! Pain and suffering tries to strike YOU, but misses! You died. Returning to home point, please wait...LOADING, PLEASE WAIT

Onyx
12.19.2011 , 06:40 AM | #20
June 1977 and 13 years old here as well.

I'm somewhat proud of the fact that I've seen all six films in the theatre for their first-runs. In fact for all but the first movie, I was a member of the "opening day" crowd.
Star Wars fan for life
C C X X:
1st Special Forces Group
S . A . N . C . T . U . M . . . O . F . . . T . H . E . . . E . X . A . L . T . E . D
SWG: 2003 thru 12.15.2011 . . . . . Kettemoor ~ Starsider