Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2 Man Co-ops with multiple companions (6 man raids!)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
2 Man Co-ops with multiple companions (6 man raids!)

Cytherion
05.22.2012 , 07:23 PM | #1
Lets face it, companions are the best thing swtor could give us. Due to lack of players, some folks are already runnning hard modes with companions and it brings me to think that its part of the plan.
Here is a thought...

Why not come out with 2 man raids but allowing 2 companions per player. That would make a 6 man raid.
I am not saying promote solo play but require 2 actual players before you can begin the raid.
Managing multiple companions could unlock a whole new world of fun ! There is still a quite large number of folks who love co-ops over large raids.

SentinelDranoel
05.23.2012 , 07:28 AM | #2
The day Bioware removes this stupid companion limitation and let me truly single player this game, is the day I subscribe for life. It is how I ran through the entire Guild Wars storyline.
and the Force beat generic Swords and Magic anyday

ADPowah
05.23.2012 , 01:50 PM | #3
Agreed, remove the companion limit. I wanted KOTOR 3, they wanted subscription lewts, let's find a compromise.
What I want: 1) Dual spec for me and my comps 2) missions where I fight with all of my comps at once, we are a team 3) playable comp-only missions 4) Free flight PVE and PVP Space combat (i.e. X-Wing multiplayer) 5) Instanced areas that change based on our story, sand-box areas that are open.

Cytherion
05.23.2012 , 07:28 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by SentinelDranoel View Post
The day Bioware removes this stupid companion limitation and let me truly single player this game, is the day I subscribe for life. It is how I ran through the entire Guild Wars storyline.
I know but but it could be more fun with another player. Imo the whole "massively" part of mmo is a bit overrated. You shouldn't need a ton of people to play a game like this. For a game like EVE it makes sense to roam around in big packs but a game like swtor should really be playable by 1-2 players all the way through. Forcing a "massively" model on this game could backfire.