Repair Droid

Why is it so damned ugly? For a million credits, I expected something cool looking. You know, like the majority of astromech droids in the game. I just don't understand Bioware's apparent fascination with ugly, dirty, beat-up looking things. (Just try finding a speeder with a nice paint job for sale, no nicks and dings...right...even freshly built ones are all beat up!) If someone tried to sell me a droid that looked like that for a million credits in real life, I'd stab them in the face with my lightsaber. Seriously.

And it looks sooo friggin' out of place on my clean ship with that slum-droid skin on it. Like a toilet that needs cleaned. Sitting in the kitchen. :(

R2D2 and C3P0 where not exactly in pristine condition when sold to Luke and his Uncle, so i guess BW thought that as the game is set in a war most things would look to have appearances of ware and tare.

Another way to look at it is that the repair droid is a all round mechanic and you know that most mechanics are not clean, hence the term grease monkey.

Edited by Reble-Dog-Squad

R2D2 and C3P0 where not exactly in pristine condition when sold to Luke and his Uncle, so i guess BW thought that as the game is set in a war most things would look to have appearances of ware and tare.

Another way to look at it is that the repair droid is a all round mechanic and you know that most mechanics are not clean, hence the term grease monkey.

Guess you haven't seen it yet.

It looks like someone built a life size model of R2-D2 out of grey lego blocks.

It isnt really ugly, but it does lack luster.

Overall, I agree that I would like, for once, to see shiny tech. there are some nice looking raiding mounts, but it seems that unless you are a hard core raider, you are stuck riding a speeder that looks like you bought it from the auto division of Goodwill.

Don't remember the term, but the whole esthetic of the star wars universe is that things AREN'T all clean and pretty like star trek.. It all has that dirty/grungy realistic "used" feel to it. One of the reasons why many feel the high end "brighter color" gear looks so out of place.

Don't remember the term, but the whole esthetic of the star wars universe is that things AREN'T all clean and pretty like star trek.. It all has that dirty/grungy realistic "used" feel to it. One of the reasons why many feel the high end "brighter color" gear looks so out of place.

That depends entirely on which scene from which movie. The inside of the death star was an operating room.

Ha...but if clean is unrealistic...then I never want to have dinner at your house.

Here you go:

http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp303/satcom101/97f2c9d3.jpg

Oh, that's the Maintenance Droid skin from Hutta and Ord Mantel. I actually like that skin. You can get that skin for your T7 companion too, if you are a CE owner. I use it on my T7.

I do see how it would look out of place on an Imperial Agent or Sith ship though.

They should offer skins for the Repair Droid, like they do for companions. In fact, they should offer alternate skins for C2-N2 and 2V-R8 as well. If they are going to give us customization, go all out.

:csw_redsaber::csw_bluesaber: