Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

where are good hardcore rp servers?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
where are good hardcore rp servers?

ProsaicProse
05.23.2012 , 12:14 PM | #11
I wanted to like Sanctum, as I heard great things about it. But when I got there and leveled a couple characters up past level 40, I saw few people RPing anywhere. So, I rolled on LA and was gobsmacked; there were people RPing out in the open. Perhaps Sanctums RP all happens in guilds tucked away somewhere, or on private channels? Kind of a shame, if that's the case. Perhaps it's improved, because it's not much fun scrounging for RP as a new player.

Scorpienne
05.23.2012 , 02:50 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by ProsaicProse View Post
I wanted to like Sanctum, as I heard great things about it. But when I got there and leveled a couple characters up past level 40, I saw few people RPing anywhere. So, I rolled on LA and was gobsmacked; there were people RPing out in the open. Perhaps Sanctums RP all happens in guilds tucked away somewhere, or on private channels? Kind of a shame, if that's the case. Perhaps it's improved, because it's not much fun scrounging for RP as a new player.
/shrug

I guess we've had very different experiences on Sanctum, which is understandable. Each person interacts with the social environment in a different way. A lot of our guilds advertise open RP events on our server forums (www.sanctumoftheexalted.enjin.com) and they're open to anyone who wants to participate.

Paige

Letallis
05.23.2012 , 03:22 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by ProsaicProse View Post
Sanctum RPs in the open also. You just have to be in the right place. I myself used to be on LA. I left due to some of the weird things I saw that I don't think people need to do in a game kids play.
Mal: That's the buffet table.
Kaylee: Well, how can we be sure, u-unless we question it?

fallenjedi
05.24.2012 , 07:15 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Letallis View Post
Sanctum RPs in the open also. You just have to be in the right place. I myself used to be on LA. I left due to some of the weird things I saw that I don't think people need to do in a game kids play.
Did it involve a wookiee and 3 jawa?

Sauska
05.24.2012 , 07:37 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by fallenjedi View Post
Did it involve a wookiee and 3 jawa?
Most likely it involved 2 wookie, 1 jawa

Btw, a game rated 16+ is not exactly a kids game...
The Borealis Legacy

Scorpienne
05.24.2012 , 08:01 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Sauska View Post
a game rated 16+ is not exactly a kids game...
I one-hundred percent agree with that. If you have children or siblings younger than 16 playing the game, they should probably be in a family guild with adult supervision. To be fair, up to a certain age, in my house, children aren't allowed on the internet without adult supervision - but each family should decide that for themselves.

On the other hand, there are also very personal and private things that may occur in MMOs, and those personal and private things need to stay personal and PRIVATE in party chat. There are a lot of things people shouldn't type in public. If it isn't suitable to say in a bar in public in a group of friends, then it isn't suitable to type in public chat.

Paige

Letallis
05.24.2012 , 08:25 AM | #17
Most likely it involved 2 wookie, 1 jawa

Btw, a game rated 16+ is not exactly a kids game...

If you don't think a 16 year old is still a kid then what are they? That's part of the problem now. Young people are exposed to things they have no business being involved in. I have a lot of experience in foreign countries and out of the way places so I've seen my share of debauchery. Even I was surprised with some of the stuff I saw being done on RP servers in WoW so I am just a bit careful about RP servers in general now. Like the lady said.. Some things just should not be said in public. I err on the side of caution but then again. I've always been protective of kids and the like in general.

Sauska
05.24.2012 , 08:46 AM | #18
If you don't think a 16 year old is still a kid then what are they?
In most countries, the 16 yr olds have reached the age of consent. For the record, I don't disagree with the notion that personal and private things should stay that way, as a matter of propriety. I just don't believe that 16 yr olds will get mental scars from any ERP going on around them.
The Borealis Legacy

Letallis
05.24.2012 , 08:58 AM | #19
In most countries, the 16 yr olds have reached the age of consent. For the record, I don't disagree with the notion that personal and private things should stay that way, as a matter of propriety. I just don't believe that 16 yr olds will get mental scars from any ERP going on around them.

Ted Bundy said one of the things that drove him down his dark path was an early exposure to ***********. As he was on his way to the chair anyway I doubt he's lying. 16 is not a place marker for maturity it's a number. To say all 16 year olds could handle this is a rather large and irresponsible statement.

Sauska
05.24.2012 , 09:06 AM | #20
Ted Bundy said one of the things that drove him down his dark path was an early exposure to ***********. As he was on his way to the chair anyway I doubt he's lying. 16 is not a place marker for maturity it's a number. To say all 16 year olds could handle this is a rather large and irresponsible statement.
I'm out of this conversation. Getting personal on gaming forums is so WoW.

Okay then, one parting shot: have you ever considered the opposite, that assuming all 16 year olds can't handle it is extremely close-minded? Not to mention the fact that we all know people who play violent video games develop into mass murderers... right.
The Borealis Legacy