Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Coming Soon to STAR WARS: The Old Republic

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Coming Soon to STAR WARS: The Old Republic
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Frankt
05.22.2012 , 11:30 AM | #21
LFG Tool

Looks great but if server mergers dont happen before it releases it wont succeed. It still doesnt fix the server population problem at the end of the day.

If the server merger happens before....awesome tool and I look forward to using it.

Character Transfers

Dont be afraid to put a lot of restrictions on this tool. If you dont control it after doing your server mergers then we will be right back to square one in regards to our population problem right now.

Legacy System

Please slow down with these updates and work on content elsewhere. Honestly the majority of the community doesnt care about these updates and you have made them not want to use them. I thought initially during PTS that if you had the legacy requirement you could use these items immediately. The legacy system as of right now before 1.3 is a joke. I only use it to aquire the buffs from my alts. I will never spend 2-4 millions credits for a pair of rocket boots that last a few seconds and has extreme restraints on where it can be used. Its nothing more than a credit sink for fluff items. I would rather see you open a game store for items like this that people can use real money on. Its already been stated in the past the average player has roughtly 1 millions credits. Well between the extremely over priced Mod/Augment situation we are in and the legacy unlock its impossible to keep credits. Now after 1.3 you are going to make the legacy unlocks per character versus per server account like it is now. So if I plan to level multiple toons I have to go back and repurchase all of these unlocks again....wont happen

Augment System

Your serioulsy playing with fire on this system and better start being careful. This augment system is starting to get out of control with how much you can add to your base stats. It is only further dividing the community in pve/pvop. I think the expertise change has greatly affected the PVP scene, however on top of that adding all the augment slots to the gear as further compounded the problem. The DPS classes are running around 2-3 shotting people in warzones. The top progression guilds are also able to aquire stats that I dont feel should be possible right now for this stage of the game. There should be an upward climb in stats as the game progresses. Where are we going to be in 1 year from now...DPS classes running around with 3-4 k strength? Can you imagine the damage??

PVP

Frankly you have to do something NOW...not later....

The PVP community is dying fast...its all over the boards...

I dont even know if rated warzone will bring back those that left at this point and we need to look beyond that feature.

We need multiple new warzone. We need a large scale warzone unlike huttball/denova/voidstar. It needs to support more than 25 members on each side ( Im not asking for 100 each side...we all know the engine cannot handle it....see ilum)

Whatever it is...it needs to happen in June...it cannot wait

Flightsaber
05.22.2012 , 11:30 AM | #22
I'm really excited about the update - thanks for listening to the players!

That preview of upcoming legacy features really whetted my appetite. Hopefully my main will finally hit 50 by release.
This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers.
-1 John 3:16

Fallensbane
05.22.2012 , 11:36 AM | #23
Very underwhelmed.

As far as transfer go... Its a good thing to get it in. But please actually merge servers together first so you can keep the communities that already know each other together, then when that is done allow everyone one free server transfer, so those who may want to play somewhere else can.

If my community splits of into 25 different directions because you didn't have the sense to try and keep the bulk of communities together during your transfers it will be the end of my account.

Your legacy system, flashpoints, pvp, operations, classes etc ARE NOT what keeps me playing, its the people I have met in my server community.
Discord - Assassin - Canderous Ordo - Machination (Pit Crew)

"...I remember working every victim with acute precision... I remember every time I hold you, My warm companion... I remember, I dismember!"

murdera
05.22.2012 , 11:36 AM | #24
removed by poster

Tormm
05.22.2012 , 11:37 AM | #25
I hope they do a good job with the server transfers. As others have stated, everything else is meaningless if you don't have people to play with/against in an mmo. PLEASE PLEASE make it make sense and give everyone a populated place to play the game as they see fit.

Most of the legacy stuff is meh for me as well, but I very much like the idea of being able to buff an alts xp in pvp. Heck I'll prolly finally get one to 50 with this tool.

Don't listen to all the hate BW, there is still a vocal minority that want this game to be everything it can be and are holding on to see pvp fixed.

joeypesci
05.22.2012 , 11:46 AM | #26
Question is will all 8 of my characters be able to transfer or is it only one character. If only 1, then hide upon release as you're going to get a whole lot of abuse.

Alterin
05.22.2012 , 11:46 AM | #27
There are 41 people logged on right now for republic on my server... That's not in the fleet. There are 41 total republic logged in throughout all zones, throughout all level ranges.. All the servers are at a population descriptor of "light" except for two east coast servers. But the plan is allow server transfers? There are no talks of servers being closed? Of servers being merged? But we're going to be allowed to transfer servers? Which of the 42 light west coast servers do I transfer to to have enough players to play?

Fubarge
05.22.2012 , 11:49 AM | #28
Cool stuff. Im glad they decided to take a break from creating new content, and make sure the big issue's get dealt with. Kudos.

Angorak
05.22.2012 , 11:50 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Scapalan View Post
When a player with over 1100 expertise can be killed in 3 shots by another on the republic side whilst wearing no armour and just with underwear and a saber---then there is something not quite Kosher going on---and the other things that are not quite right---the overly long stuns one after the other---incredible sppeeds and leaps---to name but a few----when a side has not one kill in the 50's pvp warzones --over several games ---and when it takes weeks to complete a daily---and god knows how long to complete a weekly ---even worse now that many 50's pvpers on the Imperial side have stopped playing because on=f this---then I say again ---there is something not quite Kosher---even ome Republic player have come to the Imperial sides on thier alt toons and have been extremely surprised at how easily they are killed by some of the Rep sides---names can be provided if needs be---please look at this sad state of affairs and put 50's pvp back on the agenda.
Make a video in addition to naming names or I call BS on all of your accusations. Exploits like that are easy to find for any GM ingame and would be addressed post haste...so again I call BS.

And to everyone else that is still QQ'ing...they are getting what you want ingame and you still aren't happy....gad...get a life and see a therapist please.

Tormm
05.22.2012 , 11:50 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Alterin View Post
There are 41 people logged on right now for republic on my server... That's not in the fleet. There are 41 total republic logged in throughout all zones, throughout all level ranges.. All the servers are at a population descriptor of "light" except for two east coast servers. But the plan is allow server transfers? There are no talks of servers being closed? Of servers being merged? But we're going to be allowed to transfer servers? Which of the 42 light west coast servers do I transfer to to have enough players to play?
They could easily funnel 4-8 low pop servers into one and make it active without the negative press of closing servers and ensuring a good population based on the login data they have access to. In other words, lets hope they take the guess work on where to go away from us.