Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Coming Soon to STAR WARS: The Old Republic

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Coming Soon to STAR WARS: The Old Republic
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Galbatorrix
05.22.2012 , 11:17 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by TheGreatFrosty View Post
I love how it shows the server list as all "Standard" then "Heavy" and "Full".

This really isn't a truthful representation of the game at the moment. Group finder will take the time to find groups on below 100 population servers from 4 hours to 4 hours. It literally changes nothing for low pop servers.

Hopefully they do their character transfer thing first and allow people to settle into more populated servers before 1.3 hits. Or, you know.. they could make the LFG cross server and the transfers wouldn't have to be so rushed and urgent (still highly needed, but at least peopel would be able to group then).

Scapalan
05.22.2012 , 11:18 AM | #12
All well and good introducing updates to the Legacy system and developing armour and ways in which to level up---a nice addition being added is the group finder---but you still have not listened to the needs of your customers who enjoy the pvp aspect of the game---you have not answered any questions put forward as to how you are going to fix the massive imbalance in the 50's pvp warzones since the addition of expertise and new armour at 1.2---and the strong suspicion of cheats and hackers in the pvp republic sides---please tell us how and when you are going to fix this burning issue?

Talorya
05.22.2012 , 11:18 AM | #13
Sigh, adaptive gears, waste of time and resource and probably won't work for companions at launch....

Legacy stuff = more credit sinks, awesome...

Rest is all augment and LFG, honestly, augment slot was a bad mechanic in the first place. Minor stat bonus is one thing, but having massive boosts from it is what caused this whole issue to get this big. It's more or less evolved to a "must" instead of optional/luck, we'd be better off if it was removed altogether...

Kabaal
05.22.2012 , 11:19 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
James Ohlen highlights some of the new content coming up in Game Update 1.3 and beyond
Yeah right, there was nothing other than 2 concept art screenshots that wasnt stuff we already know about 1.3. "We can't talk about it" isn't news of beyond 1.3 ffs..
Kabaal 50 Juggernaut | Scotsmania 50 Vanguard | Hurricane 50 Sorcerer
Furian 50 Sentinel | Furķan 50 Commando
Scotsmania 50 Shadow

VesicularDavid
05.22.2012 , 11:20 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Harukaze View Post
Nothing about HK-51? Gyp!
well the update is called allies, so...

Benets
05.22.2012 , 11:20 AM | #16
They should stop do all this crap things and do char transfer. Its pointless to do a billion things in the game if people can't proply play it. They should focus on release a transfer before all those changes, all changes worlthless except char trasnfer. It's a pitty but this way this game won't survive long, while they keep doing the same old ****.

If we need to wait to another major patch to get our char trasnfer, man this game's ending even before a real start.

Or will i get compensated for something like 3 months that i can't proply play it? They gave 1 free month when the patch arrived, but its waste cos' its a free month that i didn't play.
- "Do or do not, there's no try" -
Benets
aka
Mxyzptlk

VesicularDavid
05.22.2012 , 11:23 AM | #17
what if that space station/asteroid was apart of malachor V? i smell a flashpoint/operation.

lexiekaboom
05.22.2012 , 11:25 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by TheGreatFrosty View Post
I love how it shows the server list as all "Standard" then "Heavy" and "Full".

This really isn't a truthful representation of the game at the moment. Group finder will take the time to find groups on below 100 population servers from 4 hours to 4 hours. It literally changes nothing for low pop servers.
Completely agree. I had so much faith that Bioware would turn things around, but this just shows they aren't even listening. How does a non-cross server group finder help you find a group on a server where no one is online?

And to the "OH BUT TRANSFERS WILL FIX THAT" crowd, no, they will not. They will make it worse for anyone who isn't on one of the 5 or 6 servers that will become the "go to" servers for transfers. No one is their right mind is going to transfer to my server, but people are going to leave it.

Bioware; You can fix every single problem in your game with two things; cross server group finders and cross server warzones. You're not giving me this to respect the community on my server? Well the 15 or so people who play on my server do not consider ourselves a community, and absolve you of that concern. You want to "respect" community? Make it so the communities stop dying.

Scapalan
05.22.2012 , 11:26 AM | #19
When a player with over 1100 expertise can be killed in 3 shots by another on the republic side whilst wearing no armour and just with underwear and a saber---then there is something not quite Kosher going on---and the other things that are not quite right---the overly long stuns one after the other---incredible sppeeds and leaps---to name but a few----when a side has not one kill in the 50's pvp warzones --over several games ---and when it takes weeks to complete a daily---and god knows how long to complete a weekly ---even worse now that many 50's pvpers on the Imperial side have stopped playing because on=f this---then I say again ---there is something not quite Kosher---even ome Republic player have come to the Imperial sides on thier alt toons and have been extremely surprised at how easily they are killed by some of the Rep sides---names can be provided if needs be---please look at this sad state of affairs and put 50's pvp back on the agenda.

Rhysling
05.22.2012 , 11:28 AM | #20
No Ranked Warzones.

No Cross Server PVP.

No 8 man pre-made PVP teams.