Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What's the difference with the new group finder when it's not cross-server?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
What's the difference with the new group finder when it's not cross-server?

Arnstein
05.22.2012 , 07:45 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Hergul View Post
Arnstein, so your not only wanting your views but ur are trying to enforce them with threatening to end your subscription if you dont get what you want ?

How extremly naiv and very unmature of you but because its you we must all now bow down and accept YOUR wishes since you will stop subsciribing cause you are not getting what YOU want ..

i cant belive im reading what some people have posted on this forum about LFG and server wide LFG. If bioware took 1 look at what happened with the game we wont name when they introduced LFG systems that where server wide or even just on the server you where on, they would actually reconsider their choice, cause quite frankly the community went down alot (statisticly proven) of people actually communicating saying hello or speaking to eachother in an group.

the most uttered words since LFG was (in no direct ranking order)

*** you noob u got greens

Dude you suck

How much dps do you do ?

Healer your ***** you suck

Dude **** leave the group ur so ****

and not to mention the loot rage´s and D-heads:

Oh look my companion uses light armor and i dont give a **** if you need it for ur main playable character that you qued up with for this flashpoint cause im taking it for my companion now ****

Or the other answer:

I need the Heavy armor piece (even though i wear light) cause i need money im poor ! i dont care if u actually can use the item cause its now mine so i can make credits

All im saying is maybe bioware should reconsider their LFG system untill they can come up with a solution to these problems in a system like that ..
I'd rather play with people being rude than no people at all, which is the case now. Also, the lag problem is back with the newest patch. I'm not threatening with unsubscribing. I have already unsubbed and will not subscribe again, so it's not a threat.

Oscibi
05.22.2012 , 08:10 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by kiwoo View Post
Well 1.3 isn't just adding the LFG tool it's also adding server transfers, which would allow population to be spread over less servers thus increasing the pool of players on those servers (if everything goes as it should of course^^).

Locking need rolls to class would be a good idea to save a lot of ******tery that could arise with a LFG. Albeit there will be more accountability with same server LFG than cross server. Loot settings should not be changeable after starting the FP also. So group leader cannot switch to master loot during last boss.
Where have they said/promised that server transfers will be in 1.3? And i mean promised.
JediDuckling
this is how you play a pyrotech find your target, throw the bomb you get from unlocking at 31 points in pyrotech, grapple, flame burst, rail shot, Dead target.

Codek
05.22.2012 , 08:28 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Oscibi View Post
Where have they said/promised that server transfers will be in 1.3? And i mean promised.
According to StephenReid’s twitter, it will be before patch 1.3

Good amount of information on 1.3 can be found here: http://dulfy.net/2012/05/21/patch-1-...e-know-so-far/
~Codek

Hergul
05.22.2012 , 08:46 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Arnstein View Post
I'd rather play with people being rude than no people at all, which is the case now. Also, the lag problem is back with the newest patch. I'm not threatening with unsubscribing. I have already unsubbed and will not subscribe again, so it's not a threat.
So far after playing since November on different servers had 0 problems / issues in making a group for any flashpoint normal or hardmode... takes time yes... and requires effort... not just logon / click / loot / logoff there is already a game that offers that out there

i rather not have an LFG system knowing full well what negatives it will bring, im sorry that you unsubbed but then this game wasnt ment for you maybe or the right kind of game you where after.. cant please everyone in the world can you ?

Arnstein
05.22.2012 , 01:43 PM | #15
So far after playing since November on different servers had 0 problems / issues in making a group for any flashpoint normal or hardmode... takes time yes... and requires effort... not just logon / click / loot / logoff there is already a game that offers that out there

i rather not have an LFG system knowing full well what negatives it will bring, im sorry that you unsubbed but then this game wasnt ment for you maybe or the right kind of game you where after.. cant please everyone in the world can you ?
Well, I LOVE doing flashpoints, but there's no people to do them with. So the game is for me, but it's no people to play with. You probably have a lot more free time than I do, and that's why you don't have problems finding people for flashpoints.

dipstik
05.22.2012 , 02:16 PM | #16
to answer the OP:

the new LFG tool will give daily and BH comms for doing the fp/ops.

Chaqen
05.22.2012 , 02:17 PM | #17
From the new video they released today, it seems like you're awarded additional comms for using the LFG tool, which gives people more of an incentive to use it.

On a side note, i hope they make it very easy to kick people out of the group and or make it where you're not punished for leaving a group... The majority of pugs on my server are some of the worst players i have ran across in an MMO.

Sohoshopper
05.22.2012 , 02:17 PM | #18
unmature
immature*

Kindara
05.22.2012 , 02:35 PM | #19
The problem is that it's not enough people on the server that wants to do the flashpoints(people are leaving this game because it's not good enough), and the new group finder won't fix this. So what difference will it make? It will still take hours and hours to wait for someone who wants to do the flashpoint, if you find anyone at all.
You do know they start server transfers..Free ones the day the tool goes live right? Transfers + LFG tool = better chances at getting a group without having to stand on fleet yelling for group bored out of your mind.

RachelAnne
05.23.2012 , 05:45 AM | #20
So you like beeing insulted all dungeon, beeing kicked infront of the final encounter, beeing spammed by gold seller and dps meters, like running a dungeon 20x and the item you need is stolen in every run... ?

All I can say is

D3 and wow do give a good example of such random groups, its a pain.

There is not just the fact that atleast half the groups are horrible due immature behaivour, but also that the difficulty must be lowered by a lot. Random groups are random, so the encounters must be weak else you wipe all day there as you have no even group setup.

When cata was released the game had a good difficulty, even tho was a bit too easy at normal raids. About 3 weeks later those dungeons were nerfed so hard, that you could do them now in green gear and without CC.

I dont know, but a game should entertain - its not entertaining to bomb mobs without evening using your brain cells.