Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What's the difference with the new group finder when it's not cross-server?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
What's the difference with the new group finder when it's not cross-server?

Arnstein
05.21.2012 , 12:46 PM | #1
The problem is that it's not enough people on the server that wants to do the flashpoints(people are leaving this game because it's not good enough), and the new group finder won't fix this. So what difference will it make? It will still take hours and hours to wait for someone who wants to do the flashpoint, if you find anyone at all.

Crixaliss
05.21.2012 , 01:07 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Arnstein View Post
The problem is that it's not enough people on the server that wants to do the flashpoints(people are leaving this game because it's not good enough), and the new group finder won't fix this. So what difference will it make? It will still take hours and hours to wait for someone who wants to do the flashpoint, if you find anyone at all.
I think actually there probably is a problem of people not wanting to spend the time sitting around spamming for a group. With a LFG tool, they can come online, use the tool whilst playing other parts of the game, instead of having to stand in fleet spamming for a group.

I reckon with an in-server LFG tool you'll find a lot more people willing to do flashpoints.

Arnstein
05.21.2012 , 01:18 PM | #3
Well, I sure hope so, and I hope they release 1.3 before my play time runs out.

Kil-Gorbane
05.21.2012 , 01:47 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Crixaliss View Post
I think actually there probably is a problem of people not wanting to spend the time sitting around spamming for a group. With a LFG tool, they can come online, use the tool whilst playing other parts of the game, instead of having to stand in fleet spamming for a group.

I reckon with an in-server LFG tool you'll find a lot more people willing to do flashpoints.
That tool currently is not working for PvP because of the point OP made. Most server populations are too low and make these tools useless. This tool was needed months ago, a much bigger fix is needed now.

Arnstein
05.21.2012 , 03:52 PM | #5
Yeah, I hope they make cross-server tool for 1.3. That's the only thing that could make me subscribe again at this point.

Hergul
05.22.2012 , 01:32 AM | #6
Arnstein, so your not only wanting your views but ur are trying to enforce them with threatening to end your subscription if you dont get what you want ?

How extremly naiv and very unmature of you but because its you we must all now bow down and accept YOUR wishes since you will stop subsciribing cause you are not getting what YOU want ..

i cant belive im reading what some people have posted on this forum about LFG and server wide LFG. If bioware took 1 look at what happened with the game we wont name when they introduced LFG systems that where server wide or even just on the server you where on, they would actually reconsider their choice, cause quite frankly the community went down alot (statisticly proven) of people actually communicating saying hello or speaking to eachother in an group.

the most uttered words since LFG was (in no direct ranking order)

*** you noob u got greens

Dude you suck

How much dps do you do ?

Healer your ***** you suck

Dude **** leave the group ur so ****

and not to mention the loot rage´s and D-heads:

Oh look my companion uses light armor and i dont give a **** if you need it for ur main playable character that you qued up with for this flashpoint cause im taking it for my companion now ****

Or the other answer:

I need the Heavy armor piece (even though i wear light) cause i need money im poor ! i dont care if u actually can use the item cause its now mine so i can make credits

All im saying is maybe bioware should reconsider their LFG system untill they can come up with a solution to these problems in a system like that ..

teemoor
05.22.2012 , 03:27 AM | #7
Only thing needs to be done - /ignore works on LFG tool.

kiwoo
05.22.2012 , 03:38 AM | #8
Well 1.3 isn't just adding the LFG tool it's also adding server transfers, which would allow population to be spread over less servers thus increasing the pool of players on those servers (if everything goes as it should of course^^).

Locking need rolls to class would be a good idea to save a lot of ******tery that could arise with a LFG. Albeit there will be more accountability with same server LFG than cross server. Loot settings should not be changeable after starting the FP also. So group leader cannot switch to master loot during last boss.

deusBAAL
05.22.2012 , 03:50 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Arnstein View Post
I want the LFG tool like yesterday.
And with LFG tool I mean a true LFG tool and not an auto-match-auto-group-up-and-port-urlazyass-intothenextFP tool!

As it is now, if you want to find a FP group you have to hang out in Fleet (extremely boring, I wasted hours and hours this way by now)
With 200 people in Fleet it doesnt take that long to find a group, but with 50 people in Fleet folks pop in, see not many on and considering it pointless to even look and then just go somewhere else, making it increasingly difficult to find any group except at peak times in the evening.

With a good LFG tool, you can go planetside doing dailies, space missions, story, whatever.

A good LFG tool does not auto-group you but simply makes it easier to find other people, wherever they are:
You log in, open the tool, mark what you would like to do and then either wait until someone with a group contacts you or you check the toolfor existing group in need of more players or you start a group and start contacting people.

Right now barely anyone uses the LFG flag and if someone does you dont even know what role they are fullfilling and if someone added a bit more information to his LFG flag text you cant even read it!
Funny how PVP folks strive to become the best PK, while PVE folks know that PKs are just really really bad players.

FlyinSpaghetti
05.22.2012 , 06:35 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by teemoor View Post
Only thing needs to be done - /ignore works on LFG tool.
What's the point in that, rather than just being awkward?

I understand /ignore in chat as people don't want to see spam but the lfg tool will eradicate that as you wont be using chat to look for groups. People using /ignore for any other purpose like for instance to stop people grouping up with them in a lfg tool are probably just being awkward and half the reason why it's getting hard to group up in this game.
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!