Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same sex romance.

JEWZI
12.25.2011 , 08:39 PM | #61
just throughing this out there but its just a video game if you wanna get married do it for real. otherwise quit complaining that you cant do it virtually.

SpadeFromNinety
12.25.2011 , 10:08 PM | #62
As someone that suffers from G.I.D, with no special taste towards women or men yet (and never did before, ever, because G.I.D. eclipses any... imagination to any side I may have), I can understand both sides (points) and I find silly from either side to be arguing all the time in these topics.

I think some get it, your both very insecure groups or feel like your on a crusade against Persians with nothing more than 300 men.

Real Hetero's don't waste time arguing against LGBT's and welcome this or don't care at all neither way.
Real LGBT's don't waste time arguing against Hetero's because they know that most video games show Hetero relations anyway so they simply discard.

LGBT's must have played other games has well where the main character is a male that haves more women each night than roses in your backyard and, for some reason, he can't even remember their names... and still they enjoyed the game, not for the fact their characters were flirty but because of everything else in it.

They already promised the feature anyway so why argue about it?

Deyjarl
12.25.2011 , 11:42 PM | #63
Technically its in already with Corso they way he fawns over the captain.

And well done Bioware, for planning to allow for this. Very progressive.
Friend reference, you get 7 daysof free subscription,
free character transfer, and items mailed to all your characters.
http://www.swtor.com/r/GLDSHl

Farooqftw
12.25.2011 , 11:54 PM | #64
Bioware, I apologize for some people. You're damned if you do, and you're damned if you don't. People will find a reason to complain about -anything-. Because you didn't include this at launch, people will scream discrimination. Now that it's confirmed that you're implementing it later, they'll scream "it should have been sooner".

You need to realize the denizens of the internet are a rampaging horde of entitled fools. They'll curse your name, they'll bring the world on your head, but keep your chin up.

Take heart that you are the bigger person in this conflict. You will eventually add it, it will have a decent story-line, and the flames will be contained. Foolishness knows no gender, race, orientation, creed, or code. Thank you, Bioware. You listened. You're acting. It will be done.

krisslanza
12.26.2011 , 12:00 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Farooqftw View Post
Bioware, I apologize for some people. You're damned if you do, and you're damned if you don't. People will find a reason to complain about -anything-. Because you didn't include this at launch, people will scream discrimination. Now that it's confirmed that you're implementing it later, they'll scream "it should have been sooner".

You need to realize the denizens of the internet are a rampaging horde of entitled fools. They'll curse your name, they'll bring the world on your head, but keep your chin up.

Take heart that you are the bigger person in this conflict. You will eventually add it, it will have a decent story-line, and the flames will be contained. Foolishness knows no gender, race, orientation, creed, or code. Thank you, Bioware. You listened. You're acting. It will be done.
Why mention that in here? You should post that in General, where all the real complaining goes on, hahaha.

I'm just annoyed at not knowing how they'll handle it. I don't even want to play a lot of characters, for fear I'll just have to restart them anyway because I won't be able to RP them as I intended because the options didn't exist at the time.

SirGladiator
12.26.2011 , 12:12 AM | #66
For me the main issue is something that was only briefly touched on earlier in the thread, and that is the unwanted advances. As someone currently playing a female Smuggler, I'm quite disgusted by the fact that she keeps getting hit on by dudes, and never the ladies. It wouldn't be so bad, I suppose, if there were an equal (or even better, higher) number of women hitting on her, or at least women that she could flirt with. Its incredibly frustrating to have to put up with all the sickening stuff, knowing that I 'could', and should, be able to flirt with the female NPCs instead. Most of the games out there these days, whether its the ME and DA series, Fallout NV, Skyrim, etc. generally handle this extremely well, its not even an issue unless they make it one by doing it completely wrong, as sadly they have done here. Just stop constantly trying to force dudes on us, and let us romance the ladies if we prefer. Its really quite an easy solution to a problem that shouldn't have existed in the first place.

PuppetSoul
12.26.2011 , 12:22 AM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Also I'm pretty sure i remember seeing early screenshots of allowing male characters to flirt with female droids.
Imperial Agent has a female droid companion.

Imizael
12.26.2011 , 12:24 AM | #68
Honestly, I wish they hadn't put in romances at all. It's just odd. Even back in the day with the Baldur's Gate series, the romances were clunky and a little disturbing at times. And in SWToR, apparently humans will sleep with any old alien race which is bizarre IMO. None of the current relationship options seem sexy to me.

Ultimately, if you must have romances in the game, they should go both ways to be fair. But I'd be far happier if they were thrown completely out.

PhilippKausch
12.26.2011 , 12:57 AM | #69
I would like to see that option in-game, even if it is only for the sake of being in the game. Bioware did a great job implementing same sex relationships in their other games like Dragon Age I & II, so I'm sure they'll do a great job in SWTOR as well, if they decide to deliver that feature in a later stage.

But right at the moment, it doesn't bother me much that there is no option for such a relationship. It's a computer game after all, not real life. So I can adjust more easily to the circumstances And no, I'm not one of those guys who absolutely wants to see two computer game women make out with each other. The fact that I play only male characters would make that pretty darn difficult

Ellvaan
12.26.2011 , 02:40 AM | #70
Hello everyone!

Since we do feel the current discussion for same gender romance has run its course and due to the unfortunate volatile nature of the conversation, we are closing this thread. For our official statement, please see the following:

Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid
Official statement follows:

Due to the design constraints of a fully voiced MMO of this scale and size, many choices had to be made as to the launch and post-launch feature set. Same gender romances with companion characters in Star Wars: The Old Republic will be a post-launch feature. Because The Old Republic is an MMO, the game will live on through content expansions which allow us to include content and features that could not be included at launch, including the addition of more companion characters who will have additional romance options.
Should anyone have any questions or concerns, please do email us: bwacommunitysupport@bioware.com.

We appreciate your understanding that we've closed this thread!