Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

EP III questions....

Rayla_Felana
05.21.2012 , 06:32 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Mavryk View Post
He knew Anakin wouldn't attack, he had manipulated him to being a father figure and gave him hope to save Padme. Anakin was too weak to attack Palpatine, even if he was more powerful.
He was nothing like more powerful than Sidious.

Darth_Solrac
05.21.2012 , 12:31 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
He was nothing like more powerful than Sidious.
In ANY way, thank you.
Nobody expects the Sith Inquisition!
Guild: Imperial Army.
Darth (Markos) Solrac: LV 50, Dark Sith Sorcerer.
Draykos Solrac: LV 29, Dark grey Jedi Guardian.

Jaavik
05.21.2012 , 12:37 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
1. The technology wasn't advanced enough and Windu crushing his chest in the mini TCW series made it even worse.
Actually, that was my original explanation as well, but The Clone Wars has shown that to be untrue. The Tartakovsky Clone Wars shows Windu crushing Grievous's chest with the force during Grievous's escape with Chancellor Palpatine, which led directly into the beginning of Episode III. However, in The Clone Wars (which takes place BETWEEN Episodes II and III) Grievous has been shown coughing as well.

Quote: Originally Posted by Tuscad View Post
@1. Also Grievous was meant to be an imperfection of the technology that makes Vader.
Tuscad is correct that Lucas wanted to show the imperfection of the technology that was eventually used on Anakin (which also had raspy breathing).
JAAVIK
The Darkholde Legacy - Prophecy of the Five server

Join "The Art of Warfare" Gaming Community
The Republic of TAW and The Empire of TAW

Wolfninjajedi
05.21.2012 , 12:53 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaavik View Post
Actually, that was my original explanation as well, but The Clone Wars has shown that to be untrue. The Tartakovsky Clone Wars shows Windu crushing Grievous's chest with the force during Grievous's escape with Chancellor Palpatine, which led directly into the beginning of Episode III. However, in The Clone Wars (which takes place BETWEEN Episodes II and III) Grievous has been shown coughing as well.

Tuscad is correct that Lucas wanted to show the imperfection of the technology that was eventually used on Anakin (which also had raspy breathing).
Yes Grevious already had a cough going on during TCW, but since that episode where Grevious's chest was crushed that made the coughing worse. So its both the technology that made his cough and Windu crushing his chest which made the coughing worse.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Rayla_Felana
05.21.2012 , 12:54 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Solrac View Post
In ANY way, thank you.
If potential could be considered Power, then perhaps, but it isn't and can't, so yes, Sidious was superior in every single way to Anakin.

Darth_Solrac
05.21.2012 , 12:59 PM | #16
If potential could be considered Power, then perhaps, but it isn't and can't, so yes, Sidious was superior in every single way to Anakin.
Would've been interesting to see Anakin try it & see if he coulda made Sidious break a sweat tho. I also see your point tho. Anakin was 'the chosen one' after all. A couple years of teaching under Mace, or Yoda & maybe if again put in that situation.

Rayla_Felana
05.21.2012 , 01:10 PM | #17
Would've been interesting to see Anakin try it & see if he coulda made Sidious break a sweat tho. I also see your point tho. Anakin was 'the chosen one' after all. A couple years of teaching under Mace, or Yoda & maybe if again put in that situation.
Well in all honesty I think only if he started to reach the size of potential that Luke had reached in Dark Empire, would Anakin ever be able to take on Sidious.

Sidious kind of trumped all the Jedi, there was only one Lightsaber form that could stop him, Vaapad, because it deflected his Dark power, all the others were useless against him, but even then, all he needs to do is pull out his Force prowess and he defeats everybody including Yoda.

Only Luke could take him.

Darth_Solrac
05.21.2012 , 01:17 PM | #18
Well in all honesty I think only if he started to reach the size of potential that Luke had reached in Dark Empire, would Anakin ever be able to take on Sidious.

Sidious kind of trumped all the Jedi, there was only one Lightsaber form that could stop him, Vaapad, because it deflected his Dark power, all the others were useless against him, but even then, all he needs to do is pull out his Force prowess and he defeats everybody including Yoda.

A battle for teh agez....

Rayla_Felana
05.21.2012 , 01:28 PM | #19
A battle for teh agez....
Indeed.

Harlequintwo
05.21.2012 , 01:33 PM | #20
You mean Darth Vader.

Here's an intresting thought though. What would happen if Dooku revealed Sidious' identity before Anakin killed him? Would Anakin believe him? If he did, would Anakin even strike him down?

I remember that in Episode II, Dooku made a small reveal like that to Obi-Wan, but Kenobi basically said "Pfft. Yeah right, pull the other one". I'm inclined to believe that being so trusting of the Chancellor, Anakin would have just rolled his eyes.