Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Top 5 Servers to Reroll On!

Sauska
05.21.2012 , 09:08 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Scorpienne View Post
If you're just looking for numbers... here's the list of the top 20 US and worldwide servers.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=449144
The info in that thread is completely outdated. Just check http://www.torstatus.net/ for the lastest server stats worldwide.
The Borealis Legacy

Scorpienne
05.21.2012 , 09:22 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Sauska View Post
The info in that thread is completely outdated. Just check http://www.torstatus.net/ for the lastest server stats worldwide.
Outdated? Um... I just updated it this morning. It's like three or four hours old... tops. :-)

Check the dates on the actual list of servers. Maybe I mistyped the date or something. I'll check.

EDIT

Yeah, the dates are right, but it's in the body of the post and people probably need a TL;DR summary, which I've added at the top, that shows the dates and servers.

Paige

Sauska
05.21.2012 , 09:25 AM | #23
Outdated? Um... I just updated it this morning. It's like three or four hours old... tops. :-)

Check the dates on the actual list of servers. Maybe I mistyped the date or something. I'll check.

Paige
So where is the highest pop EU server "Tomb of Freedon Nadd" in your list then? It's even listed as no. 2 worldwide at this time.

Edit: aha, you probably made the lists when it was night time over here in EU. Which, no offense, makes the list of servers worldwide rather useless. It also points the non-US gamers to the wrong servers...
The Borealis Legacy

Scorpienne
05.21.2012 , 09:31 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Sauska View Post
So where is the highest pop EU server "Tomb of Freedon Nadd" in your list then? It's even listed as no. 2 worldwide at this time.
Heh - it was hung up in an Excel sort/filter user error on my part. Thank you for pointing that out! /bow

Post updated.

Here's the updated list.

Top 20 US Servers (5/21/2012)
The Fatman (PvP US East) Population ≈ 2025
Jedi Covenant (PvE US East) Population ≈ 1150
The Harbinger (PvE US West) Population ≈ 880
Drooga's Pleasure Barge (PvE US West) Population ≈ 850
The Swiftsure (PvP US West) Population ≈ 780
Canderous Ordo (PvE US East) Population ≈ 750
Lord Adraas (RP PvE US East) Population ≈ 650
The Ebon Hawk (RP PvE US East) Population ≈ 640
Ajunta Pall (RP PvP US West) Population ≈ 640
Jung Ma (RP PvP US East) Population ≈ 620
Mind Trick (PvE US East) Population ≈ 500
Zakkeg Beast (PvE US West) Population ≈ 480
The Shadowlands (PvE US East) Population ≈ 480
Shadow Hand (PvE US East) Population ≈ 460
Lord Ieldis (RP PvE US West) Population ≈ 440
Sanctum of the Exalted (RP PvE US East) Population ≈ 440
Begeren Colony (RP PvE US West) Population ≈ 440
Krayt Dragon (PvE US East) Population ≈ 430
Darth Sion (PvE US West) Population ≈ 430
Kaas City (PvE US East) Population ≈ 420

Top 20 Worldwide Servers (5/21/2012)
The Fatman (PvP US East) Population ≈ 2025
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (PvP EUR English) Population ≈ 1190
Jedi Covenant (PvE US East) Population ≈ 1150
The Jedi Tower (PvE EUR German) Population ≈ 990
Dalborra (PvE APAC English) Population ≈ 900
The Harbinger (PvE US West) Population ≈ 880
Master Dar'Nala (PvP APAC English) Population ≈ 870
Drooga's Pleasure Barge (PvE US West) Population ≈ 850
The Red Eclipse (PvE EUR English) Population ≈ 840
Gav Daragon (RP PvE APAC English) Population ≈ 800
The Swiftsure (PvP US West) Population ≈ 780
Canderous Ordo (PvE US East) Population ≈ 750
Huntmaster (RP PvP EUR French) Population ≈ 700
Lord Adraas (RP PvE US East) Population ≈ 650
The Ebon Hawk (RP PvE US East) Population ≈ 640
Ajunta Pall (RP PvP US West) Population ≈ 640
Mantle of the Force (PvE EUR French) Population ≈ 630
Jung Ma (RP PvP US East) Population ≈ 620
Dune Bantha (PvE EUR English) Population ≈ 610
Kissai Caste (PvE EUR French) Population ≈ 590

Sauska
05.21.2012 , 09:33 AM | #25
Heh - it was hung up in an Excel sort/filter user error on my part. Thank you for pointing that out! /bow

Post updated.
Now that looks more like it! Damn spreadsheets

Well-written post, btw /bow
The Borealis Legacy

shegoy
05.21.2012 , 09:38 AM | #26
Why are we only advertising high to very high populated servers? surely that will not fix the problem these servers already have a good server population. Adding a huge influx to these servers will cause more problems i.e server log in times etc not to mention the effect of guilds having limited managment for raiding groups and favouring regular static groups over new comers.

There are standard populated servers that deserve more of an injection of new talent to become on par with the bigger servers than over bloating the bigger ones. One example is Rogue Moon on Eu

I hope BW does not kill the standard populated servers by allowing free transfers to any old server but gives a choice between a few standard populated and if you realy want to be on a high population server then paid transfer is the way to go.
The Watchers In The Dark ( Empire, The Red Eclipse)
EvilPaddy: Sorcerer Healer
Viagrus: Operative Healer
Arsonist: Powertech DPS

Sauska
05.21.2012 , 09:41 AM | #27
Even The Fatman, with its great number of rerollers, is losing people. Rerolling on a standard server brings the risk of that server turning into light population in a matter of weeks... The top 3 of heavy populated servers seems the best bet. I rerolled twice already, and I'll be damned if I reroll again or pay for a transfer as in pay for a server population issue I can't do a damn thing about!
The Borealis Legacy

Teefal
05.21.2012 , 09:57 AM | #28
I'm loving Jung Ma ... rarely a warzone wait, lots of people leveling on planets, so not hard to find groups for heroics, etc. Also, the community for the most part is more mature than I've seen elsewhere. (RP related?)

And the guilds seem to be strong, wtih many events.

ALXinstincts
05.21.2012 , 09:59 AM | #29
How on earth is Dune Bantha EU on your list?

It's more and more of a ghost town each passing day. Saturday nights don't even see fleets hit 50. Right now, 5pm GMT on a Monday evening, there are 11 people on the Imp Fleet. There is only one guild making EC progress per faction...

Now don't get me wrong, we have a great community and I'd love for more people to join us. Just don't mislead peeps into thinking we're a thriving server!

Highsis
05.21.2012 , 11:28 AM | #30
you should divide or add west, east mark and server types too.

People near west coast should roll west server because those who play on fatman from west coast are being bad players on pvp