Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Shouldn't have become a Master till 3rd or 4th expansion.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Shouldn't have become a Master till 3rd or 4th expansion.

clintcasey
05.22.2012 , 01:15 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Leeaustin View Post
No i agree being master at level 50 is silly all bioware have done is to make it harder for them to bring out more class stories.

Its the same with most classes how ever my sorcerer becomes part of the dark concil so whats next emperor?

They should have split it up! Because if they want this game to last then they need to change the rank system, redo the end of every class quest to make you think there is more to do, right noqw its like you have achieved everything.

Shame hope they will do something about this otherwise the game will end soon. Also dont just bring out more flashpoints, warzones, OPs etc make sure there will always be more PVE then PVP please!!!!

Continue the story of each class making them more interested and more indepth.
You saved the Galaxy and

Spoiler

That's not even counting all the other things you do to get there.

The Jedi Knight and the Jedi Consular are not average Jedi Knights and Consulars. They are The Jedi Knight, and The Jedi Counsular. They are the next generation's heroes, destined to become the future leaders of their order.
Al'den, Jedi Guardian, Level 50, The Bastion, 4/4 EC HM
Jindo, Mercinary, Level 50, The Swiftsure, 3/4 EC HM
Jiindo, Power Tech, Level 27, Squadron 367

Leeaustin
05.25.2012 , 03:08 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by clintcasey View Post
You saved the Galaxy and

Spoiler

That's not even counting all the other things you do to get there.

The Jedi Knight and the Jedi Consular are not average Jedi Knights and Consulars. They are The Jedi Knight, and The Jedi Counsular. They are the next generation's heroes, destined to become the future leaders of their order.
the point am trying to make is that what class missions can they give us now? we have done everything! we cannot get any better rank or title.

HaltHammerzeit
05.25.2012 , 03:29 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Jydradi View Post
Yah, he became a knight in that scene with yoda, and wad given the rank of Master by the time that party at the end happens (I don't remember if that was in the Ep1 novelization or what), in fact he wonders at some points if that led to him being an inadequate teacher for Anakin.
Actually, he was granted the title of Knight then allowed to start training Anakin straight away. The fact that Padawans call Knights 'Master' doesn't make them a Master. You have to be named to the Jedi Council to be a Master, which Obi Wan didn't achieve until the middle of the Clone Wars.

FoolsErrand
05.25.2012 , 04:12 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by HaltHammerzeit View Post
Actually, he was granted the title of Knight then allowed to start training Anakin straight away. The fact that Padawans call Knights 'Master' doesn't make them a Master. You have to be named to the Jedi Council to be a Master, which Obi Wan didn't achieve until the middle of the Clone Wars.
While I agree that Obi Wan wasn't a master then, you didn't have to named to the Jedi Council to become a master. To become a Jedi Master you either had to:
1. Train a Padawan to the rank of Jedi Knight
2. Go through a kind of "second jedi trial" and the Council raised you to Master.
The thing your referring to was Anakin talking about how he was on placed on the Jedi Council but not given the title of Master because only Jedi Masters were named to the Council. Normally every council member was a master, but not every master was a council member.
Never give up! Never surrender!

Saseav
05.25.2012 , 07:41 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Leeaustin View Post
the point am trying to make is that what class missions can they give us now? we have done everything! we cannot get any better rank or title.
Hero of malachor, Liberator of bla bla bla.
Jedi don't seek titles/ranks. However even the top Jedi have to go into the field, so maybe the JK has to go help fight this or that. Maybe the JC has to save an academy that is under attack, etc. there can be plenty of ways to involve a council member in missions.
Quote:
yeah yeah, blame your perverted mind on sas, just get on with explaining! I sense/smell a bad joke coming.
VIP
Lvl 50 TK Sage-Battlemaster of Slam Force

KorinHyvek
05.25.2012 , 09:38 PM | #26
Plenty of things are still possible.

Spoiler

I do kind of wonder how being on the Jedi//Dark Council will impact story writing. People in that sort of position are kind of expected to do a lot of leading, you know? The Jedi Master thing is fine, though. Jedi Masters still go out into the field and do plenty.
The Ferrin Legacy, Ebon Hawk
Major Volner Ferrin // Darth Hessar

Saseav
05.26.2012 , 03:09 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by KorinHyvek View Post
Plenty of things are still possible.

Spoiler

I do kind of wonder how being on the Jedi//Dark Council will impact story writing. People in that sort of position are kind of expected to do a lot of leading, you know? The Jedi Master thing is fine, though. Jedi Masters still go out into the field and do plenty.
are JK/SW on the council?
Quote:
yeah yeah, blame your perverted mind on sas, just get on with explaining! I sense/smell a bad joke coming.
VIP
Lvl 50 TK Sage-Battlemaster of Slam Force

KorinHyvek
05.26.2012 , 07:18 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Saseav View Post
are JK/SW on the council?
The Knight isn't, while the warrior...

Spoiler
The Ferrin Legacy, Ebon Hawk
Major Volner Ferrin // Darth Hessar

DesAnvos
05.26.2012 , 03:02 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by KorinHyvek View Post
The Knight isn't, while the warrior...

Spoiler
Part of me also suspects in the next chapter wrath will probably at least be given interim placement in Baras' spot considering the cannon damage done to the dark councial. Not to mention from the councial's stand point giving wrath a position could help them try and figure out what the emperor is up to.