Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Only a single instance of this application can run" Help.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
"Only a single instance of this application can run" Help.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

tythesith
05.20.2012 , 04:25 PM | #1
I try to get on TOR and it's not coming up. I tried the Task Manager but that's about it. Tried restarting... didn't work either. Help.

Beruthien
05.20.2012 , 04:28 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings tythesith,

As a first thing please try running the FixLauncher.exe, which can be found in your game installation folder.

If the issue remains after running FixLauncher, please check if you have a folder named "Patch" in your installation folder while the launcher is closed, if you do please delete this folder. After this start the Launcher as administrator.

Please come back to us if the issue remains.

I hope this helps!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

biirdman
05.28.2012 , 06:40 AM | #3
hi, i have been working with this problem for quite some time. first, there is no fix launcher in my swtor files. but there is a patch file, so i deleted it and then tried running the launcher as admin, the patch folder showed right back up and i do not know what to do, please help.

Tirvaak
05.28.2012 , 06:47 AM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by biirdman View Post
hi, i have been working with this problem for quite some time. first, there is no fix launcher in my swtor files. but there is a patch file, so i deleted it and then tried running the launcher as admin, the patch folder showed right back up and i do not know what to do, please help.
Hi biirdman,

Thanks for posting, I would suggest to go to the "My Account" section of the website and download the setup file for the game from there. Once this is downloaded, run the setup and wait for it to finish.

This should renew the launcher and add the fixlauncher.exe to the swtor directory. After this just run the launcher and see if it loads up for you.

Let me know if this helps.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

biirdman
05.28.2012 , 07:02 AM | #5
okay i went to my account page and dowloaded the game cilent and halfway through is said installation failed!!!
any help would be nice.

thanks,
biirdman

biirdman
05.28.2012 , 07:05 AM | #6
and when i ran the fix launcher it said could not complete, please shut down all windows applications and reeboot, is this a bug or should i do it?

biirdman
05.28.2012 , 07:06 AM | #7
and when i ran the launcher it had the same error message pop up, only a single application can run. sigh...

Tirvaak
05.28.2012 , 08:23 AM | #8 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by biirdman View Post
and when i ran the fix launcher it said could not complete, please shut down all windows applications and reeboot, is this a bug or should i do it?
Hi biirdman,

If you received a message to reboot your system then it might be worth a shot. Once the system restarts try to run the fixlauncher and launcher again to see if you can get past this problem.

Thanks.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

biirdman
05.28.2012 , 09:33 AM | #9
thanks for responding, i did restart it and the same thing. thank you though

Swingkittie
05.28.2012 , 11:15 AM | #10
I had the same problem. When I opened up Task Manager I went to the processes tab and found a launcher.exe file. I removed the file by clicking end process. That worked and I was able to click on the icon to launch the game again. You will receive a windows error message when you click end process on that file but so far I have not encountered any issues with using this work around.
Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!